PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Official 2020 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe the Brady breakup was just the right thing to do. When it’s time to move on and both sides know it, there are negative consequences to remaining together beyond that point. Exhibit A:

View attachment 28701

I don't get what you are trying to say here.

Do you understand whats going on with Barcelona's history (Cruyff, Laporta, Guardiola ect.) relative to Bartomeu, why Suarez, Rakitic and Vidal needed to go, why Bartomeu can't even resign unless he wants to be on the hook personally for all the debt he created in his presidency (which is connected to letting some players go) and the entire role of the Messi debacle this offseason ?

I don't get what you are trying to say here.

Do you understand whats going on with Barcelona's history (Cruyff, Laporta, Guardiola ect.) relative to Bartomeu, why Suarez, Rakitic and Vidal needed to go, why Bartomeu can't even resign unless he wants to be on the hook personally for all the debt he created in his presidency (which is connected to letting some players go) and the entire role of the Messi debacle this offseason ?

It's a simple point: if a player really doesn't want to play for a team, it's better that he just leaves than to stay for legacy reasons. Glad Brady decided to move on rather than reaching a tipping point of frustration and going off like Messi. I know Messi's situation is complicated by financial issues, but my point is more how ****ty it would be see your club's greatest player react like this and how ugly it can get.

It's a simple point: if a player really doesn't want to play for a team, it's better that he just leaves than to stay for legacy reasons. Glad Brady decided to move on rather than reaching a tipping point of frustration and going off like Messi. I know Messi's situation is complicated by financial issues, but my point is more how ****ty it would be see your club's greatest player react like this and how ugly it can get.

The situation is more complicated than you think.

Messi loves Barcelona and really doesn't want to leave but after the last couple years he -- and many others -- have no faith into Bartomeu putting a competitive team. It even went so far that Bartomeu hired PR firms to drum up social media campaigns against his own players.

So Leo tried to make a powerplay to push the President to resign however that would make Bartomeu immediately personally liable for all the transfer/salary debt that accumulated during his tenure as Barcelona president which is quite substantial. And while there is a vote of no confidence on the way there it is unclear if enough of the Barca socios (i.e. the club members with voting rights) will vote for that. And even if they did at this point there was no way anymore to really make any reasonable adjustments for the 2020 season as it is already underway.

I understand your point but this situation with Barcelona has been brewing essentially since they got rid of Guardiola as a coach. And while on the surface it is similar with the GOAT player trying to leave the club he has been at his entire career there is much more drama involved in this Catalan soap opera.

Anyway, I am getting your point now. Thanks.

At this point you are becoming a caricature of some kind of cult person without any shred of objectivity.

Back in the real world the offense had one good drive in the entire Denver game and that required two unlikely and very improbable fourth down conversions. Saying this was a fantastic game for Brady when his two INTs were among reasons for the loss is absolutely bizarre.

You know, there were 58 minutes before that last drive that are as important as the last two minutes.

Brady had a 56 passer rating that game. Lowest one of the season. Not all his fault of course- that’s the game where Stork was tipping off the snap count and let the Denver defense tee off - but on no planet did Brady have a fantastic game.

Brady had a 56 passer rating that game. Lowest one of the season. Not all his fault of course- that’s the game where Stork was tipping off the snap count and let the Denver defense tee off - but on no planet did Brady have a fantastic game.

I don't even care about the passer rating. Whatever.

But Brady's turnovers netted a dead in the tracks Denver offense 10 points. That is half of the points they scored all game. Some still complain to this day about a missed XP in the first quarter by Ghost but both INTs are just not brought up. Calling this a "fantastic" game is just delusional. Yeah he had an absolutely all-time clutch drive at the end but that doesn't change the previous 58 minutes.

Wanna know when he actually had a fantastic game ? The SB against the Eagles. Ironically in that game the final drive was the only one where he wasn't clutch but waited too long on Gronk coming open instead of checking it down to an open White in the flat. And, yet, the other 58 minutes of the game he was so magnificent and in full control that the strip sack doesn't take away from his overall performance at all.

Gronk basically admits he's there to block, so when he's in the game, teams are going to know not to take him seriously... :rolleyes:

Gronk basically admits he's there to block, so when he's in the game, teams are going to know not to take him seriously... :rolleyes:

That‘s the downside. The upside is Bruce Arians will sleep well tonight knowing there’s nothing in his head that hasn’t been told the entire world.

I don't even care about the passer rating. Whatever.

But Brady's turnovers netted a dead in the tracks Denver offense 10 points. That is half of the points they scored all game. Some still complain to this day about a missed XP in the first quarter by Ghost but both INTs are just not brought up. Calling this a "fantastic" game is just delusional. Yeah he had an absolutely all-time clutch drive at the end but that doesn't change the previous 58 minutes.
Well, if "fantastic" means "he didn't get hurt" then that was fantastic.

Wanna know when he actually had a fantastic game ? The SB against the Eagles. Ironically in that game the final drive was the only one where he wasn't clutch but waited too long on Gronk coming open instead of checking it down to an open White in the flat. And, yet, the other 58 minutes of the game he was so magnificent and in full control that the strip sack doesn't take away from his overall performance at all.

This. The only Super Bowl game of his career where he took over and dominated wire to wire. His best game by far. And I couldn't agree more - the small mistake at the end didn't take away from that performance.

I came in here to read about Tampa Bay and learned more about soccer than I have in the last ten years.

Well, if "fantastic" means "he didn't get hurt" then that was fantastic.

This. The only Super Bowl game of his career where he took over and dominated wire to wire. His best game by far. And I couldn't agree more - the small mistake at the end didn't take away from that performance.

This Brady dude never accomplished much...he’s a footnote in the history books.

He's not long for that team. Would surprise me if he isn't cut by this time next month.

The situation is more complicated than you think.

Messi loves Barcelona and really doesn't want to leave but after the last couple years he -- and many others -- have no faith into Bartomeu putting a competitive team. It even went so far that Bartomeu hired PR firms to drum up social media campaigns against his own players.

So Leo tried to make a powerplay to push the President to resign however that would make Bartomeu immediately personally liable for all the transfer/salary debt that accumulated during his tenure as Barcelona president which is quite substantial. And while there is a vote of no confidence on the way there it is unclear if enough of the Barca socios (i.e. the club members with voting rights) will vote for that. And even if they did at this point there was no way anymore to really make any reasonable adjustments for the 2020 season as it is already underway.

I understand your point but this situation with Barcelona has been brewing essentially since they got rid of Guardiola as a coach. And while on the surface it is similar with the GOAT player trying to leave the club he has been at his entire career there is much more drama involved in this Catalan soap opera.

Anyway, I am getting your point now. Thanks.

Thanks as well. I wasn’t aware of all the drama.

I came in here to read about Tampa Bay and learned more about soccer than I have in the last ten years.

Since we are going off topic from the Bucs into Brady/NE territory might as well go full off topic. Same difference really.

At this point you are becoming a caricature of some kind of cult person without any shred of objectivity.

Back in the real world the offense had one good drive in the entire Denver game and that required two unlikely and very improbable fourth down conversions. Saying this was a fantastic game for Brady when his two INTs were among reasons for the loss is absolutely bizarre.

You know, there were 58 minutes before that last drive that are as important as the last two minutes.

I seriously wonder if you know what you're watching. He moved around the pocket and avoided incredible pressure all day. He took bone crunching hits and delivered the ball with great accuracy. Stood in there and took a pummeling. Do you not see him delivering perfect balls to his receivers all game long?

No he wasn’t and it absolutely was not.

Go back and watch and show me where he was bad. I rewatched for Brady specifically and he was remarkably on target despite getting blasted. He moved around the pocket like an expert. It was a great performance. A lot of his completions were contested precisely because the Patriots OL was stressed all game.

I seriously wonder if you know what you're watching. He moved around the pocket and avoided incredible pressure all day. He took bone crunching hits and delivered the ball with great accuracy. Stood in there and took a pummeling. Do you not see him delivering perfect balls to his receivers all game long?

No. I saw him giving up 2 INTs that resulted in 10 points the other way in a game where the opponent scored 20. I guess you have a different definition for "incredible" or "fantastic" than I do.

Nobody is saying he had a bad game, but it wasn't great either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes