PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Official 2020 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

It'll be really interesting to see how Darden gets utilized despite being 6th WR on the depth chart, and how often he can make guys miss against NFL defenders. He's not quite as fast as Tyreek Hill but I'm assuming that's what most people think of when seeing his highlights.

Why did they move this again? A 12k post thread keeps getting moved for no good reason.

It'll be really interesting to see how Darden gets utilized despite being 6th WR on the depth chart, and how often he can make guys miss against NFL defenders. He's not quite as fast as Tyreek Hill but I'm assuming that's what most people think of when seeing his highlights.
I would hope, for his sake, that acts like AB's shadow (not for the off field stuff, obviously).

Timmy probably complaining again.
They should just ban Timmy from the thread, then, for his own mental health. That'll be a problem solved. We don't get this nonsense with the "Jets suck" thread (nor should we), but a couple of butthurt clowns result in the best thread going getting moved time and again.

It's pathetic.

Don't have an issue with this topic staying in the main forum. Ignore Thread is easy enough if you don't want to see it.

Or maybe someone should start a 2021 thread there? :D

Interesting. Always surprises me when people here said or say they don’t care about the perfect season. Would’ve been a truly transcendent accomplishment.
I would hope he's not talking about XLIX and LI or 36 those should stay. :)

I think there's a not so tiny chance that if they stay healthy - Brady and the Bucs make a run at a 20-0 season in 2021.

If The NYJ get a thread in the main forum, I think Tom Brady deserves one.

I mean really how butt hurt do you have to be to still be complaining about it?
Yeah. I was admittedly very negative about Brady when this thread was created but never had a problem with this thread being on the main board. Or at least I don't remember having a problem with it.

Don't have an issue with this topic staying in the main forum. Ignore Thread is easy enough if you don't want to see it.

Or maybe someone should start a 2021 thread there? :D
Will do

9. Unitas
10. Graham

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

This guy is a real historian and his list must be well researched.
Now I remember posting in your HOF index thread about how people will throw those two at the very bottom of their top 10 list to show that they know football :rofl:

There’s something I’ve never understand about the diehard Bill over Brady people who were excited at the prospect that Brady would fall on his face in Tampa. Obviously they think the average NFL fan and pundit would then come out and agree with their world view that “well turns out Bill and his system really is the greatest of all time.” But that’s not what would have happened. Know what would have happened if Brady went to Tampa and went 6-10 and the Pats sucked too? The narrative would be “well now Brady is on his own without the library of stolen signals, without the earpiece in his helmet never turning off, without all the other cheating, so now he sucks.” Which would be a shot not only at Brady but at everything the Pats won over the past 20 years. Bill wouldn’t suddenly get more appreciation, it would actually be the opposite. In fact sucking ass with Cam kind of proves they didn’t have an elaborate cheating system that was responsible for incredibly offensive success otherwise he’d have been way better. Dude couldn’t read the field one bit.

So Brady going somewhere else and doing great and winning the Super Bowl only helped there legacy of the Pats.

There’s something I’ve never understand about the diehard Bill over Brady people who were excited at the prospect that Brady would fall on his face in Tampa. Obviously they think the average NFL fan and pundit would then come out and agree with their world view that “well turns out Bill and his system really is the greatest of all time.” But that’s not what would have happened. Know what would have happened if Brady went to Tampa and went 6-10 and the Pats sucked too? The narrative would be “well now Brady is on his own without the library of stolen signals, without the earpiece in his helmet never turning off, without all the other cheating, so now he sucks.” Which would be a shot not only at Brady but at everything the Pats won over the past 20 years. Bill wouldn’t suddenly get more appreciation, it would actually be the opposite. In fact sucking ass with Cam kind of proves they didn’t have an elaborate cheating system that was responsible for incredibly offensive success otherwise he’d have been way better. Dude couldn’t read the field one bit.

So Brady going somewhere else and doing great and winning the Super Bowl only helped there legacy of the Pats.
It was never a "system", it wasn't videotaping or deflated footballs, it wasn't the tuck rule, wasn't the refs, it wasn't bugged locker rooms, stolen playbooks, being the NFL's favorite football team (for anyone who forgot the aftermath of the 2014 AFCCG for some reason), nor was it good luck, good voodoo or whatever the excuse was.

It was always because the Patriots really were a great team, with great coaches and great players especially the greatest at the most important player position of all. This run will never be duplicated by anyone ever again.

I normally like to compare what TB is doing with what NE is doing. But the TB draft was rather boring. Special teams and depth, YAWN.

The comparison is between NE and SF. Jones vs Lance. Getting your guy by staying put vs giving up a king's ransom for a guy they probably could have got without doing anything.

Don't get it. If they are so desperate and unhappy at QB, why'd they keep JG? It seemed like they wanted to fleece NE in a trade for him, but now that ship has sailed.

I normally like to compare what TB is doing with what NE is doing. But the TB draft was rather boring. Special teams and depth, YAWN.

The comparison is between NE and SF. Jones vs Lance. Getting your guy by staying put vs giving up a king's ransom for a guy they probably could have got without doing anything.

Don't get it. If they are so desperate and unhappy at QB, why'd they keep JG? It seemed like they wanted to fleece NE in a trade for him, but now that ship has sailed.
I get your point, but I'd say the comparison is Patriots v. Bears a/k/a Jones v. Fields. And I absolutely understand why the 49ers would want to keep JAG around. What makes it odd to me is the reporting that they actually were willing to trade him to the Patriots, and that contract issues between JAG and the Patriots were the death of any deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes