PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Official 2020 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
But this is all nonsense and excuses. You’re really just salty that he left and you’re looking for any reason to justify that saltiness. You’re salty that he turned a team around and Bill went 7-9. You’re salty he’s in the playoffs and we aren’t. You’re salty that the “Patriot Way” is now merely looking like the “Brady Way,” and that Bill is still a sub-.500 career head coach without him. You’re not alone. You have great company in this thread.
That's a laugh Kontra, I'm not "salty" about a single one of those things. After all these years I'm surprised you don't know me better and you definitely haven't followed my thoughts on Brady's departure.

From what I recall Brady wanted to go elsewhere and Gronk retired from the Pats, BB didn't "force" either one out. Nor did I suggest either was "supposed to retire." So, if you were gazing into the mirror while typing that first sentence I tend to agree, although I prefer taking the high road and suggest you use your head here, man.

lol Gronk retired cause he got traded to Detroit
I doubt Brady wanted to go somewhere else when he was begging for multi year deals untill he had enough. I’d consider that forcing someone oit

lol Gronk retired cause he got traded to Detroit
Jake Plummer was ahead of his time with this strategy. But Gronk screwed BB over and forced Detroit's hand when he alerted whomever from the Pats that he "retired". More star players should do this if they don't want to go somewhere.

That's a laugh Kontra, I'm not "salty" about a single one of those things. After all these years I'm surprised you don't know me better and you definitely haven't followed my thoughts on Brady's departure.
Sure you are. It’s obvious. You couldn’t possibly be that worked up enough over any one of those things to outweigh 6 titles and 20 years of service/greatness to the organization. I mean, put a new lens on this. You’re saying that because Brady said he prefers the weather in Tampa over Massachusetts, and because you THINK he harbors hard feelings to the organization in spite of all evidence to the contrary, you hope he loses. You realize how absolutely ridiculous that sounds? If you truly believe that, then you really need to gain some perspective. If you’re being a hater, and I suspect you are, then there’s nothing wrong with that. I hate a lot of things irrationally. But let’s call a spade a spade here.

Hopefully Brady sees something in NO's D and has figured them out. I see everyone getting involved like last week to keep NO guessing. I'd be really disappointed if Brady loses to a team for the 3rd straight time like he did with the 2005-2006 Broncos. He flat out could not figure that defense out.

Tampa's O-line needs to keep Hendrickson in check. You know you're getting in Tom's head he he starts barking at you as he's been doing with Hendrickson.

I hope for a Saints win and am ready to see "Florida boys" Brady and Gronk ride off into the sunset. These two have no love lost for the Patriots/New England and don't deserve our loyalty. While I always will cherish memories of what they did here, that chapter closed in 2020.

Saying Brady doesnt deserve our loyalty lol....

wow.

It's not incorrect. There's been after-the-fact scuttlebutt and innuendo from those two about friction with BB, disliking life in the Northeast, Gisele being pissed at BB and Kraft, etc. It's not big headline-worthy stuff but has filtered through here and there. You'd expect Brady's parting words to be glowing on the record while I'll bet you anything Gronk would've stayed retired had Brady decided to end his career in Foxboro.

disliking life in the northeast?

I've lived in NH nearly 38 years and I can very easily tell you that life here has its ups and downs... when it comes to winter, life in NH is ****ing miserable, so no I don't blame Brady for 1 second liking Tampa Bay weather over ****ty ass New England.... my brother moved down to Tampa too, i hate it because now we never see each other, but I get it...

Last edited:
Sure you are. It’s obvious. You couldn’t possibly be that worked up enough over any one of those things to outweigh 6 titles and 20 years of service/greatness to the organization. I mean, put a new lens on this. You’re saying that because Brady said he prefers the weather in Tampa over Massachusetts, and because you THINK he harbors hard feelings to the organization in spite of all evidence to the contrary, you hope he loses. You realize how absolutely ridiculous that sounds? If you truly believe that, then you really need to gain some perspective. If you’re being a hater, and I suspect you are, then there’s nothing wrong with that. I hate a lot of things irrationally. But let’s call a spade a spade here.

Here's my perspective in a nutshell: I wanted Brady to move on from the Pats and I wanted the Pats to move on from him. He was pretty much insufferable here last year and it was a given he wouldn't have the tools to succeed if he came back. The Pats were destined to pretty much suck this year with or without him; if you recall I had them 7-9/9-7. My HOPE was that the Pats would make some progress in 2020 toward laying a new foundation and that's questionable. (If I'm "salty" about anything it's Stidham pissing away his golden opportunity.)

I expected Brady to do exactly what he did in Tampa -- make that team good enough to make the playoffs. I doubt they'll get to the Super Bowl but we'll see. And when I REALLY think about it, I'm pretty much indifferent to what success he achieves going forward although I expect him to do well. I wouldn't begrudge him whatever he earns, he has the heart of a champion. I'm not really rooting for him either. Bottom line for me: I certainly will admit to mixed feelings seeing Brady in another uniform but I've always been a team guy and my loyalties are with New England.

Last edited:
Here's my perspective in a nutshell: I wanted Brady to move on from the Pats and I wanted the Pats to move on from him. He was pretty much insufferable here last year and it was a given he wouldn't have the tools to succeed if he came back. The Pats were destined to pretty much suck this year with or without him; if you recall I had them 7-9/9-7. My HOPE was that the Pats would make some progress in 2020 toward laying a new foundation and that's questionable. (If I'm "salty" about anything it's Stidham pissing away his golden opportunity.)

I expected Brady to do exactly what he did in Tampa -- make that team good enough to make the playoffs. I doubt they'll get to the Super Bowl but we'll see. And when I REALLY think about it, I'm pretty much indifferent to what success he achieves going forward although I expect him to do well. I wouldn't begrudge him whatever he earns, he has the heart of a champion. I'm not really rooting for him either. I've always been a team guy and my loyalties are with New England.
Not rooting for him because you're a team guy but you're rooting for the Saints

Last edited:
I hope toilet Bowles saw what happened today when the rams inexplicably went zone for most of the game and got burned.

Not rooting for him because you're a team guy but you're rooting for the Saints

After really reflecting on it I'm not seriously invested either way.

Last edited:
Saying Brady doesnt deserve our loyalty lol....

wow.

Why "wow"? You think he deserves loyalty from Patriots fans as a member of the Bucs?

I hope toilet Bowles saw what happened today when the rams inexplicably went zone for most of the game and got burned.

Tampa is going zone it doesn’t work so that’s what they’ll do. And why the hell did LA go zone when they have Ramsey

I hope the Pat's don't go with another QB that is a RB pretending to be a QB. Newton had his one great MVP season and so did Lamar. But when it comes time to carry a team, they fail miserably. If Ravens want a serious chance at a SB they better start planning for a new QB in a couple years

Tompa Bay will lay between 30 to 40 on NO. 35 or more is a guaranteed win. If it's in the low 30's, I'm not so sure.

Arians is talking about being physically and going man on the Saints also said brees was contained last week untill Chicago went zone. This holds well for Tampa if they follow throw and go man and attack.

on offense AB was running open on nearly all his routes in the second matchup which was his first game. I expect huge number from him and Godwin

Yeah, I expect Antonio to get more catches as Evans is not 100%. Brown is getting better and better. Defense needs to get some stops.

Tampa is going zone it doesn’t work so that’s what they’ll do. And why the hell did LA go zone when they have Ramsey

LA was in zone only away from Ramsey- Ramsey was in single coverage on Adams which is why you saw Lafleur put Adams in motion a lot, pre-snap to force Ramsey to work through traffic.

McVay was outcoached by Lafleur who played mostly out of the 3 x 1 set to keep Ramsey out of the play, from what I could see.

No Hill? Saints are banking on Brees staying healthy the entire game. They better block Pierre-Paul and Suh. Don't want those monsters mashing the fragile Brees into that turf. Conversely, I hope someone is awake in the Bucs offensive coaches room and Brady has time to deliver from the pocket...if not the Saints will crush TB again...IMO of course

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes