PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Official 2020 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he trusted his new receivers and worked with them then who knows, maybe they would become at least "decent".

To be fair I'll give him the benefit of the doubt on that quote, it sounded like what he said was confirming he was basically on the same page with Belichick. But he does have that rep though and it wasn't helpful to the team. JMO.
Trust is earned not given. He didn't not trust them on purpose. They were not good enough for the trust. I think we are learning this year other than Harry who missed half the season last year and struggled to catch up by his own admission, the receivers have been a bust. Pretty much why Bill signed Cam so he could try to ride the run game.

Yeah, I should have gone back and replied to his original post. This wasn't aimed at you.

Edelman and White were left off because they weren’t in that group of players Brady was thought to be avoiding. I wasn’t trying to cherry pick.

Brady wasn’t very good last year...I think he was injured. It was just a ****ty implosion by the offense. That said, no one can say with a straight face that Sanu, Meyers, Dorsett, Izzo, etc. were talented enough to succeed. Harry has looked pretty good this year, but Brady was trying to target him more toward the end of last season and he was a rookie coming off an injury.

That's good news because the game on Sunday will be a shootout.
Yeah. Big game for Tampa if they can pull it and hand GB their first loss. Tough assignment. GB is playing great.

Yeah. Big game for Tampa if they can pull it and hand GB their first loss. Tough assignment. GB is playing great.

Penalties will be their downfall if they lose against Green Bay. You can hang in there against a team like the bears with 100yards of penalties. But against Green bay you cant leave points on the board.

:rolleyes: How many playoff games has his QB won since that lone SB again?
It is nauseating the comparison of Rodgers and Brady. I get that the networks want to bill it as the match up between great QBs but honestly there is no comparison. The idea that Rodgers would have been more successful if Bill was his coach is laughable given he could not even handle McCarthy and has pissed off LaFleur so much that they drafted his replacement literally after one year of working together.

It is nauseating the comparison of Rodgers and Brady. I get that the networks want to bill it as the match up between great QBs but honestly there is no comparison. The idea that Rodgers would have been more successful if Bill was his coach is laughable given he could not even handle McCarthy and has pissed off LaFleur so much that they drafted his replacement literally after one year of working together.

If you want to go by talent alone then Rodgers may be a step ahead or even with brady of what he has in his "toolbox." same with Manning/Brees/ all other great QB's

its bradys clutchness that is what sets him apart from those guys. Not sure Rodgers couldve come back from 14 down against the seahawks or 28-3 against atlanta

If you want to go by talent alone then Rodgers may be a step ahead or even with brady of what he has in his "toolbox." same with Manning/Brees/ all other great QB's

its bradys clutchness that is what sets him apart from those guys. Not sure Rodgers couldve come back from 14 down against the seahawks or 28-3 against atlanta
Brady is a better overall QB which is why he has been so clutch.

Brady is a better overall QB which is why he has been so clutch.
“Was” - yes.

“Is”... debatable. Wasn't so clutch in his last game...

“Was” - yes.

“Is”... debatable. Wasn't so clutch in his last game...
LOL. Was pretty clutch the week prior leading one of the biggest comebacks in Bucs history down 24-7. But alas, no mention of that from you which is typical. It is a long season, we will see how it plays out but right now the Pack is favored to win so it will be a pretty sweet win if Brady/Bucs can pull it out against a very good and all around talented GB team.

LOL. Was pretty clutch the week prior leading one of the biggest comebacks in Bucs history down 24-7. But alas, no mention of that from you which is typical. It is a long season, we will see how it plays out but right now the Pack is favored to win so it will be a pretty sweet win if Brady/Bucs can pull it out against a very good and all around talented GB team.
Sure, but still wasn't so clutch in his last game. Agreed about the last part.

Also Rodgers 2020 stats: 70% comp, 1214 yards, 13 TD, ZERO ints, 128 passer rating. Brady's stats are a few notches south of that but not horrible either so like I said... debatable.

Sure, but still wasn't so clutch in his last game. Agreed about the last part.

Also Rodgers 2020 stats: 70% comp, 1214 yards, 13 TD, ZERO ints, 128 passer rating. Brady's stats are a few notches south of that but not horrible either so like I said... debatable.
Except the discussion was not about this year but their careers.

Last edited:
How about his last 20 games? Bigger sample size and doesn't change my argument.
What? The argument was being clutch or did you miss where Rodgers did not jump on his own fumble in the NFCCG?

How was Rogers last year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing