PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2018-19 Stanley Cup - Bruins vs Blues

Hasn’t it only happened like twice in 50 years?
4 times ever - twice this decade - remember Philly? Also in 2011, Chicago down 3-0 vs Vancouver tied the series and lost game 7 in OT.

The Blue Jackets are better than their record shows imo. But I think what makes this an all time historic upset is this ending up as a sweep.

Yep, hockey is the one sport where it doesn’t seem that unusual for a team to come back from 3-0. Encouraging signs for the Bruins though.

4 times in history. Still pretty unusual. Although that's 4 more times than it's happened in the NBA, and 3 more times than MLB.

A 3-0 comeback won’t happen again in MLB. There’s a reason why it only happened once. Way too many factors working against it especially starting pitching and also HFA.

I’m ok with that :)

A 3-0 comeback won’t happen again in MLB. There’s a reason why it only happened once. Way too many factors working against it especially starting pitching and also HFA.

I’m ok with that :)
It will happen again, but the Sox will always be first, and as long as they don’t ever blow a 3-0 lead we’re good.

It will happen again, but the Sox will always be first, and as long as they don’t ever blow a 3-0 lead we’re good.
But it will never be like the Sox 3-0 comeback. I remember thinking as it happened that “This was how it had to be”. 28-3 was amazing, but nothing will ever be like those 4 days.

Looking forward to tonight's game for the B's and hoping they can play Toronto (thanks!) again like they did on Saturday. I hope the (presumed) loss of Krug and DeBrusk, or them being at less than 100%, doesn't hurt too much. We need to stay tough and aggressive on not letting them get any easy puck movement. That worked like a charm on Saturday.

Also enjoying Tampa Bay getting run out of the playoffs by the Blue Jackets!

Last edited:
But it will never be like the Sox 3-0 comeback. I remember thinking as it happened that “This was how it had to be”. 28-3 was amazing, but nothing will ever be like those 4 days.
Prior to those two, the Celtics down 3-1 to Philly in the 1981 East Conf finals was the best.. Now it is third in my comeback list....

Prior to those two, the Celtics down 3-1 to Philly in the 1981 East Conf finals was the best.. Now it is third in my comeback list....
game 5 in Anaheim vs the angels alcs 1986. dave Henderson goes deep in the 9th to tie the game. the sox down 3 to 1 come back and win in 7. that's got to be on the list somewhere.

Looking forward to tonight's game for the B's and hoping they can play Tampa again like they did on Saturday. I hope the (presumed) loss of Krug and DeBrusk, or them being at less than 100%, doesn't hurt too much. We need to stay tough and aggressive on not letting them get any easy puck movement. That worked like a charm on Saturday.

Toronto?

game 5 in Anaheim vs the angels alcs 1986. dave Henderson goes deep in the 9th to tie the game. the sox down 3 to 1 come back and win in 7. that's got to be on the list somewhere.
Because of the way 1986 ended ( I have a dental cap because of Buckner.. Ball went through his legs and I gritted my teeth, shattering one) I try to block it out.....
It would be on the list a little further down.. Had they won the Series, it would have been higher....

Because of the way 1986 ended ( I have a dental cap because of Buckner.. Ball went through his legs and I gritted my teeth, shattering one) I try to block it out.....
It would be on the list a little further down.. Had they won the Series, it would have been higher....
they lost the same way they won. so cruel. I almost forgot about the series vs Oakland. down 2 to 0 and they come back and win three in a row in 03.

Looking forward to tonight's game for the B's and hoping they can play Tampa again like they did on Saturday. I hope the (presumed) loss of Krug and DeBrusk, or them being at less than 100%, doesn't hurt too much. We need to stay tough and aggressive on not letting them get any easy puck movement. That worked like a charm on Saturday.

Also enjoying Tampa Bay getting run out of the playoffs by the Blue Jackets!
DeBrusk should be suspended. Flying elbow to the face and a flying knee-on-knee hit. Both uncalled and ultimately the cause of things boiling over. Regardless, Kadri is indeed a scumbag.

Also, the hit on Marleau looked innocent but it's an unwritten rule you don't hit a guy in to the stantion. He lined it up the entire way.

DeBrusk should be suspended. Flying elbow to the face and a flying knee-on-knee hit. Both uncalled and ultimately the cause of things boiling over. Regardless, Kadri is indeed a scumbag.

Also, the hit on Marleau looked innocent but it's an unwritten rule you don't hit a guy in to the stantion. He lined it up the entire way.

What color is the sky in your alternate universe?

DeBrusk should be suspended. Flying elbow to the face and a flying knee-on-knee hit.

You should check the video. Your eyes seem to be lying to you.

Krug and DeBrusk in, Kampfer in for Clifton, Johansson our, officially per Cassidy. Rask in net.

Tonight's expected lineup, per AM skate: Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak DeBrusk-Krejci-Kuhlman Heinen-Coyle-Backes Nordstrom-Acciari-Wagner Chara-McAvoy Krug-Carlo Grzelcyk-Kampfer Rask

You should check the video. Your eyes seem to be lying to you.
Speak for yourself. You're lying to yourself if you don't believe that was a knee on knee hit.

Speak for yourself. You're lying to yourself if you don't believe that was a knee on knee hit.

I don't need to speak for myself. The video speaks for me.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back