PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2018-19 Stanley Cup - Bruins vs Blues

The NHL rule does not mention intent for a major crosscheck penalty, but does for a game misconduct (which was called). Vegas says the officials thought he was hit in the head. International and USA Hockey rules allow for a major if an injury occurs (intent does not matter).

The operative words being 'major crosschecking penalty.' Watching that play, not Pavelsky on the ice afterwards, did it really look like a crosschecking major? Much like the crosscheck on Oshie, it was the awkward landing that did the damage.
That said, when a team surrenders 4 goals on a 5 minute PK there's only so much *****ing they should be doing.

I agree. The passion of sports hate runs deeper the more east you are.

Especially in Boston, where it's sports and revenge though not necessarily always in that order

Really just the northeast - from Baltimore on up.
IMO there is strong sports hate out there in the rust belt and midwest. Your old time NHL Norris Division teams and AFC & NFC Central teams can't stand each other.

The operative words being 'major crosschecking penalty.' Watching that play, not Pavelsky on the ice afterwards, did it really look like a crosschecking major? Much like the crosscheck on Oshie, it was the awkward landing that did the damage.
That said, when a team surrenders 4 goals on a 5 minute PK there's only so much *****ing they should be doing.
This is where I land on the issue. I still don’t think it was worth a major. Kadri’s cross check to DeBrusk’s head was clear, this not so much but Vegas melted down as soon as the Sharks scored 6 seconds into the PP.

IMO there is strong sports hate out there in the rust belt and midwest. Your old time NHL Norris Division teams and AFC & NFC Central teams can't stand each other.

Absolutely! While it may not approach the tribal animosity of Boston/NY/Philly there is certainly measurable 'sports hate' between all the cities in the AFCN and NFCN along with some bad blood between some of the baseball cities in those markets. And that's only considering pro sports, the loathing between some NCAA rivals approaches Sox/Yankees or Boston/Toronto/Montreal and most of those are not in the Northeast. Alabama/Auburn, Ohio State/Michigan, Oklahoma/Texas and USC/ND come very quickly to mind but the list is long

That's a tough one to find fault with. His guys coughed up the puck to Grzelcyk crashing down the boards. It developed bang bang, he didn't have much in the way of time to react and the puck had eyes to find the little he left open there, just squeaked through.
They did cough it up to Grz but by the time Nordstrom got the puck, Leaf’s D was in good position. Andersen was in position well before the shot but simply didn’t hug the post well enough and the sliver of space allowed the goal.

They did cough it up to Grz but by the time Nordstrom got the puck, Leaf’s D was in good position. Andersen was in position well before the shot but simply didn’t hug the post well enough and the sliver of space allowed the goal.

Agreed that he obviously could have hugged the post better (after all the shot did get through, lol) but in real time it all happened damn quick. Andersen was in an awkward position moving over for it and the D didn't react well at all. By no means am I saying Andersen was great on it, just that it's a stretch to call it a soft one when it barely squeaked through the very small space available.

Absolutely! While it may not approach the tribal animosity of Boston/NY/Philly there is certainly measurable 'sports hate' between all the cities in the AFCN and NFCN along with some bad blood between some of the baseball cities in those markets. And that's only considering pro sports, the loathing between some NCAA rivals approaches Sox/Yankees or Boston/Toronto/Montreal and most of those are not in the Northeast. Alabama/Auburn, Ohio State/Michigan, Oklahoma/Texas and USC/ND come very quickly to mind but the list is long
Oh NCAA hate is very strong. Bama v Auburn...

Last edited:
it'll be nice to get rid of the 2nd round demons that have plagued us for the last half decade

if we get by jackets, i think we win the cup

it'll be nice to get rid of the 2nd round demons that have plagued us for the last half decade

if we get by jackets, i think we win the cup
The Jackets are no joke. Canes they can handle. If it's WASH thats another hell series.

The Jackets are no joke. Canes they can handle. If it's WASH thats another hell series.

TBH now that Cam Ward isn't between the pipes for them I respect Carolina but don't fear them. Ward flat out stole some games from the B's that the Canes had no place winning. Facing the Caps would give me nightmares because of their goaltending. Holtby is a certifiable Bruins killer, 16-3 lifetime with a higher career SV% (.946) against Boston than any other team. He is flatout B's kryptonite. I respect the Caps as a team but I genuinely fear Holtby

Last edited:
TBH now that Cam Ward isn't between the pipes for them I respect Carolina but don't fear them. Ward flat out stole some games from the B's that the Canes had no place winning. Facing the Caps would give me nightmares because of their goaltending. Holtby is a certifiable Bruins killer, 16-3 lifetime with a higher career SV% (.946) against Boston than any other team. He is flatout B's kryptonite.
Cam Ward was a menace.

Holtby is just so freaking good.

I knew he owned the Bs but not to that level of domination. Looks like he owns a lot of teams.

Braden Holtby Career Splits | Hockey-Reference.com

TBH now that Cam Ward isn't between the pipes for them I respect Carolina but don't fear them. Ward flat out stole some games from the B's that the Canes had no place winning. Facing the Caps would give me nightmares because of their goaltending. Holtby is a certifiable Bruins killer, 16-3 lifetime with a higher career SV% (.946) against Boston than any other team. He is flatout B's kryptonite. I respect the Caps as a team but I genuinely fear Holtby
Maybe they’ll be eliminated tonight

Fun fact. Vegas now has the Bruins as the favorite to win it all slightly. Only 450+ but I like to see that.

Ovechkin abusing Dougie Hamilton tonight

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back