PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2018-19 Stanley Cup - Bruins vs Blues

However once I saw Jules crush that beer on the JT...this game was all but over...

D44Je7AWkAI2C02.png:large
My thoughts exactly! Pats4Life12 was at the game and when he texted me that Jules was there, and they just showed him chugging a beer on the Jumbotron, and the crowd was going nuts, I knew it was over for the Leafs. All we do is win, baby!

Sharks got lucky last night. If they win the cup, it will be tainted. No way should there have been a 5 minute major for cross checking the guy across the chest. Dumb referees.
God, I'd love to have a discussion about a tainted cup in SJ come June...

...against the B's, no less

Regards,
Chris

I don’t get the whining about the 5 minute major. Injury severity can affect the call in hockey. Graze a cheek with a high-stick with a couple drops of blood and you get a double minor, and can be a major if worse. The point is no half decent PK should surrender 4 goals in 5 minutes.

While I agree they are being smart, they also seem to be fans, probably because of your other reasons - i.e. the fans around here are passionate about all their sports teams and it's catchy.
the overwhelming majority of Pats fans. are Boston sports fans like myself. I love all four.

I hope the Sharks play the Caps, but Wash has a long way to go including a must-win game 7 against the Canes.
So you are not a Bruins fan?

Bogus call on the major. However, defense wins championships, especially in the NHL playoffs. To give up 4 goals is all on them. Bad calls happen and your penalty killers need to step up. Not fold like a cheap suite.

Still a fun watch.

Bad calls unfortunately happen and happen frequently enough. Four goals in 5 minutes on a one man advantage don't. And while someone can definitely be upset about the penalty being a major (it was the door being opened for what happened next), that was a collapse of epic! proportion. A Vegas fan should save plenty of anger/blame for the penalty kill D.

Momentum is real, and the quicksand theory is real. We've all seen it often enough to know that.

Who were the morons that were saying Rask sucked and was the weak link? He was the core reason this even went to 7 games. GREAT JOB, TUUUUUKKKKKKSSSS!

Rask's history is out there for all to see, and both pro and anti Rask people have plenty of ammunition to defend their positions.

I don’t get the whining about the 5 minute major. Injury severity can affect the call in hockey. Graze a cheek with a high-stick with a couple drops of blood and you get a double minor, and can be a major if worse. The point is no half decent PK should surrender 4 goals in 5 minutes.

You either didn't watch the game, or you're trolling.

The NHL rule does not mention intent for a major crosscheck penalty, but does for a game misconduct (which was called). Vegas says the officials thought he was hit in the head. International and USA Hockey rules allow for a major if an injury occurs (intent does not matter).

The NHL rule does not mention intent for a major crosscheck penalty, but does for a game misconduct (which was called). Vegas says the officials thought he was hit in the head. International and USA Hockey rules allow for a major if an injury occurs (intent does not matter).
The cross-check call on Carlo in the 2nd period was weak.

We're gonna have Jules chugging beer - SJ has no chance!
Jules, who grew up a Sharks fan in Redwood City? Putting on the Bruins jersey to fire up the fans, or saying he hates the Dodgers to fire up Sox fans, is a whole lot easier when it's not the Sharks or SF Giants the Boston teams face.

BTW, I have no idea if he's a Sharks fan.

Regards,
Chris

Last edited:
Jules, who grew up a Sharks fan in San Mateo? Putting on the Bruins jersey to fire up the fans, or saying he hates the Dodgers to fire up Sox fans, is a whole lot easier when it's not the Sharks or SF Giants the Boston teams face.

Regards,
Chris
Watch out! All the serious Patsfans posters who demand absolute accuracy for all of your posts are going to hammer you hard for that last line! I think Jules has officially "jumped the Shark" and will cheer for the Bruins if we both get there :)

Watch out! All the serious Patsfans posters who demand absolute accuracy for all of your posts are going to hammer you hard for that last line! I think Jules has officially "jumped the Shark" and will cheer for the Bruins if we both get there :)
Funny you say that as I just edited my post to fix the city on the peninsula where he grew up.

Regards,
Chris

Jules, who grew up a Sharks fan in Redwood City? Putting on the Bruins jersey to fire up the fans, or saying he hates the Dodgers to fire up Sox fans, is a whole lot easier when it's not the Sharks or SF Giants the Boston teams face.

Regards,
Chris
It would be logical for Jules to hate the Dodgers if he was a Giants fan. During the Sox run last year Tom Sr said his family hates the Dodgers. Giants/Dodgers is like Yankees/Red Sox out there. Deep hatred.

It would be logical for Jules to hate the Dodgers if he was a Giants fan. During the Sox run last year Tom Sr said his family hates the Dodgers. Giants/Dodgers is like Yankees/Red Sox out there. Deep hatred.
I know. I have a boatload of Giants fans as friends. I will say this, though: While the hatred runs deep, it doesn't top Sox/Yankees. It's probably a distant #2.

Regards,
Chris

I know. I have a boatload of Giants fans as friends. I will say this, though: While the hatred runs deep, it doesn't top Sox/Yankees. It's probably a distant #2.

Regards,
Chris
I agree. The passion of sports hate runs deeper the more east you are.

I agree. The passion of sports hate runs deeper the more east you are.
I think the Yankees Suck chant after game 5 in Dodgers Stadium said it all.

(Btw, best weekend getaway for me in forever)

Regards,
Chris

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes