PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: NFL Network in HD...What's going on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

italia44

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Today on Comcast in the Boston area magically appeared a new HD channel (853).

This is the NFLN channel for pre-season and Sat. games in HD?

Time line:

3 months ago I received notice that the NFLN was moving to a pay sports tier on Comcast.

I got a card in the mail saying I would lose the NFLN on July 16.

As of today, 8/2...I still have it on channels: 265, 715, and now 853 (HD).

The Broadcast on the HD channel (853) is still SD, like the Digital channels (265,715)

What the **** is going on?

If I have the HD package with Comcast, how is Comcast going to move the NFLN to the Sports Tier?

Also, there was no prior warning about this HD channel...it just magically appeared on 8/1.

Are they going to charge for the NFLN in Boston or not?

...stay tuned...

Time line:

3 months ago I received notice that the NFLN was moving to a pay sports tier on Comcast.

The Broadcast on the HD channel (853) is still SD, like the Digital channels (265,715)

If I have the HD package with Comcast, how is Comcast going to move the NFLN to the Sports Tier?

Also, there was no prior warning about this HD channel...it just magically appeared on 8/1.

...stay tuned...

On Monday, my NFL Network stopped working and had a message to call up and sign up for the channel.

Comcast did move it to the sports tier. It's something like $7.95 a month to add that package. You get about 10 other channels with it, but none that I found useful...I think they're channels like FOXsoccer and CSTV

The addition of HD channel is awesome. You might be seeing only SD stuff on there because some of the programs (especially older ones) might only be filmed in SD...the HD stuff initially would be the games, and probably their studio shows like NFL Total Access.

Hope that helps.

On Monday, my NFL Network stopped working and had a message to call up and sign up for the channel.

Do you have the HD package,like I do?
(this may be where the difference,lies)

I had the NFLN as part of my digital/HD package until they decided that I was too much of a drag on the non-NFL people and took it away....but I will say this, in the year or so that I watched it I ALWAYS watched on the HD channel (715 on my box) and it was NEVER in HD... :mad:

I had the NFLN as part of my digital/HD package until they decided that I was too much of a drag on the non-NFL people and took it away....but I will say this, in the year or so that I watched it I ALWAYS watched on the HD channel (715 on my box) and it was NEVER in HD... :mad:

715 is not an HD channel,it's a SD digital

channel,same as 265.

715 was never is HD. Games were usually on 853 which was used for other things at different times.

Time line:

...stay tuned...

Here's a link to the story:

http://www.tvpredictions.com/comcastnfl080107.htm

when i had nfl n until about a week ago i noticed a 2nd nfl n way further down the channel list then the "normal" one.

I thought the 2nd one was hd and could have sworn that i saw the letters "hd" under the listing on comcast once but im pretty sure now that it was just another nfl n.

Weird

when i had nfl n until about a week ago i noticed a 2nd nfl n way further down the channel list then the "normal" one.

I thought the 2nd one was hd and could have sworn that i saw the letters "hd" under the listing on comcast once but im pretty sure now that it was just another nfl n.

Weird

I had the same thing in Boston.

Channel 715 said NFLN HD,but it never was.....715 was a duplicate feed for 265,
the regular NFLN digital channel.

I think Comcast was reserving 715 for HD,but decided,instead to slot it in as a new HD channel.

So,right now,I have NFLN on three 3 channels:

265 and 715 (SD) and 853(SD),listed on
as a HD channel.

The addition of HD channel is awesome. You might be seeing only SD stuff on there because some of the programs (especially older ones) might only be filmed in SD...the HD stuff initially would be the games, and probably their studio shows like NFL Total Access.

Hope that helps.
I don't want any Chargers crap. I want the Patriots!!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes