PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NBA Draft - Trades - Free Agents

My engagement as a fan with the on-court happenings of the Celtics is as close to zero as is theirs. I'm far more interested in following how Danny manages to dump Kyrie Irving most profitably. Irving has eclipsed Bob McAdoo as the Celtic I most wish had never worn Green.

His words when asked about his shooting: “Who cares?” He then said he should have shot more. Nope. Maybe you should spread the ball around a bit more.
Kyrie is not a leader. Period.

Larry, Michael, Lebron and even Magic when Kareem became the 2nd option had the attitude of, "No one else on the team is more qualified or better than me to shoot" .

The difference between them and Kyrie is they still doled out 8-12 assists a game, made their teammates job's easier and had their respect.

Kyrie does none of that.

My engagement as a fan with the on-court happenings of the Celtics is as close to zero as is theirs. I'm far more interested in following how Danny manages to dump Kyrie Irving most profitably. Irving has eclipsed Bob McAdoo as the Celtic I most wish had never worn Green.
Ooooh. Top 5 players who were relevant Celtics but wish they never were....

McAdoo for sure
Wicks
Rowe
Raja
Pitino?

I've pretty much lost hope for Kyrie to mature into the leader this team needs.

Lot of hype going into these playoffs. Actually started to believe they were the team we envisioned before the season started. Oh well.

So true.
How the Celtics management conducts their business is far more compelling than how this Celtics team drifts on the court.
Unfortunately, compelling can also be nauseating and watching Ainge & Co smooch Kyrie's ass over the past year has been sickening.

Like all difficult life decisions, asking the right questions will be the first step to success.
For starters, the Celtics organization needs to ask: What would Belichick do?

[Note to Celtics: ignore BB's trade down instincts}

Lot of hype going into these playoffs. Actually started to believe they were the team we envisioned before the season started. Oh well.
Any team that believes it can waltz through the regular season and suddenly hit on all cylinders come playoff time is fooling itself. But I blame the Celtics' misfortunes on how the NBA is structured (player contracts/free agency/star player syndrome) as much as anything. It's not as much a team game as it should be.

His words when asked about his shooting: “Who cares?” He then said he should have shot more. Nope. Maybe you should spread the ball around a bit more.

And who make shots Gordon Heyward:rolleyes:the Celtics will be forced to keep Kyrie now.. I was mixed about keeping Kyrie but with Heyward being a shell of his former self along with bunch of brick layers too many to list. Also Heyward is now UN-trade-able Celts are going to be saddled with that contract for years to come very unfortunate. That said Greek Freak is really a Freak and He scares the hell out the Celtics.

And who make shots Gordon Heyward:rolleyes:the Celtics will be forced to keep Kyrie now.. I was mixed about keeping Kyrie but with Heyward being a shell of his former self along with bunch of brick layers too many to list. Also Heyward is now UN-trade-able Celts are going to be saddled with that contract for years to come very unfortunate. That said Greek Freak is really a Freak and He scares the hell out the Celtics.

Maybe heyward has a better 2020 season. Odds are stacked against him but it’s not completely unprecedented for a player to return to form 2 years after the injury (Paul George).

Seems like Brad Belichick is getting a pass here how many Championships have he won already?? One thing I realize is that his loyalty to the Ineffective Gordon Heyward have hurt this Team. Heyward is getting too many minutes for what little he does. Heyward should be getting 10 minutes a game max. Give somebody else the other minutes.

Maybe heyward has a better 2020 season. Odds are stacked against him but it’s not completely unprecedented for a player to return to form 2 years after the injury (Paul George).

Paul George played waaay better after that nasty injury Heyward looks scared and soft. And yeah the Celtics are hoping he have better 2020 season because No Team would trade for him right now. I know the Jazz are breathing a sigh of relief after all that happened.

Last edited:
Paul George played waaay better after that nasty injury Heyward looks scared and soft. And yeah the Celtics are hoping he have better 2020 season because No Team would trade for him right now. I know the Jazz are breathing a sigh of relief after all that happened.

this is really a simplistic way of looking at things......every injury is different and comparing them is flat out stupid

this is really a simplistic way of looking at things......every injury is different and comparing them is flat out stupid

He got injured in the very First game as a Celtic about 5:00 minutes to be exact of 2017-2018 season it's not like his feet got amputated. Sorry I am not making any excuses for him even You or I could sore 2pts in a NBA game it's not that hard he has had too many games like that.

I am going to go on Record and say Kyrie score 40 next game and we win he's a gamer.

That was a pretty obvious outcome to me. The Celtics don't have a superstar.

I am going to go on Record and say Kyrie score 40 next game and we win he's a gamer.
The limo is gassed up and waiting for Kyrie with his luggage packed. They’ll fold like a tent in the next game and Kyrie won’t stay around for the wake.

Oh, Hayward has been hot garbage. No doubt. I’ll leave that up to Celts fans to debate whether they think that’s still recovery-related or if it’s just a poor fit. But this is largely the same team that went to the ECF without Irving. He has to find a way to find his teammates that aren’t getting doubled because jacking up well-contested jumpers and shooting 19/67 isn’t going to cut it.

I know little about how the NBA works. Can someone explain to me how Ainge can get any return for Irving at this point? Isn't he a free agent when the season ends?

He got injured in the very First game as a Celtic about 5:00 minutes to be exact of 2017-2018 season it's not like his feet got amputated. Sorry I am not making any excuses for him even You or I could sore 2pts in a NBA game it's not that hard he has had too many games like that.

Paul George was injured August 1 .... 3 months earlier with respect to the NBA season......and again, every injury is different....the real problem is that there's a logjam of wing players on a team that's PG centric....both Tatum and Brown were better when Irving was not on the floor

Oh, Hayward has been hot garbage. No doubt. I’ll leave that up to Celts fans to debate whether they think that’s still recovery-related or if it’s just a poor fit. But this is largely the same team that went to the ECF without Irving. He has to find a way to find his teammates that aren’t getting doubled because jacking up well-contested jumpers and shooting 19/67 isn’t going to cut it.

Rozier was as productive last year as Irving has been this year vs the Bucks......the difference being that Rozier was much more efficient and both Tatum and Brown were much more engaged.....problem is that Irving struggles to make those around him better......he needs to not be the alpha on a team

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back