PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NBA Draft - Trades - Free Agents

Oh this is rich from Wojo.

Apparently Cryrie wants his new team good enough to continue to play well so he can take some games off but not good enough to be 4 minutes from being in the NBA Finals without him.

Some are wondering why Irving would have Brooklyn as his preferred choice, but appearing on ESPN Tuesday night, Adrian Wojnarowski explained Irving's thinking.

“The reason he’s gravitated over time toward Brooklyn is the infrastructure that’s in place there,” Wojnarowski said, via NESN.com. “You look at the role players they have. If Kyrie Irving misses 10 games in a season or 12 or 15, he knows Spencer Dinwiddie comes in and starts and they’re not going to lose all those games. You look at the roster in New York. You know, listen, they would try to bring in some veterans if they signed him and KD. But there’s an infrastructure there: Caris LeVert and Jarrett Allen and Joe Harris, players who have shown they can get a team to the playoffs. Management, coach there — those things have made it more attractive.”

"Tinseltown" is an attractive location to some.. it is that shiny beads thing. Maybe they will get a bit part in a movie or commercial.. less about basketball and more about promoting their "brand"..
Part of the attraction is about the ability to be in commercials, movies, and drive your $500'000 dollar bentaly down rodeo drive. The knicks offer similar perks, but its cold.

how so? AD was traded there....lately, Lebron is the only top guy who chose to go there.....hell, even Kawhi Leonard is likely choosing the Clippers over the Lakers.....don't be surprised if AD is only in LA for 1 year
Sorry for the late response, but last year AD let it be known that he would sign with the lakers if he got to free agency to play with james. K leonard wanted to be traded to the lakers before he was traded to toronto. Paul George said he wanted to sign with the lakers after he was traded to OK. These are just off the top of my head. This has been going on for years now. Being in LA gives these guys the opportunity to make more money by being in commercials and movies, plus the climate is great, they can drive thier really expensive cars around with the top down and be seen.

I loathed the stories that Kyrie hated living in Boston seemingly keeping alive the perception that Boston is still a non friendly place for African-Americans.

Well, Boston isn't friendly to AA players.....Bill Russell said Boston was racist....and Dee Brown got arrested by the cops just by walking down the street in Wellsley....

Yeah, those things happened in the past....and people are far more progressive these days than even in the 90/80/70's....but Massachusetts as general is far more racist than places like California where I live now....I believe a lot of it has to do with its homogenic population (which is better these days with immigrants...but still predominantly white). This is just my opinion though...based on growing up in MA and living in CA.

Sorry for the late response, but last year AD let it be known that he would sign with the lakers if he got to free agency to play with james. K leonard wanted to be traded to the lakers before he was traded to toronto. Paul George said he wanted to sign with the lakers after he was traded to OK. These are just off the top of my head. This has been going on for years now. Being in LA gives these guys the opportunity to make more money by being in commercials and movies, plus the climate is great, they can drive thier really expensive cars around with the top down and be seen.

he is not going to sign an extension......he will go to the end of next season......there is plenty of time for him to decide he does not want to continue to play with James......lot's of people have soured on playing with Lebron....it is not a stretch to see him being done with it after one year

and the idea that athletes earn more money because they're in LA is untrue....by the way, Paul George re-signed in OKC....everyone wanted to go to Lakers until James got there.....most of these clowns will flock to a place in groups

As for Boston, I don't think it's racism so much as the 'fellowship of the miserable' ...... if you don't win it all, you suck

Last edited:
Well, Boston isn't friendly to AA players.....Bill Russell said Boston was racist....and Dee Brown got arrested by the cops just by walking down the street in Wellsley....

Yeah, those things happened in the past....and people are far more progressive these days than even in the 90/80/70's....but Massachusetts as general is far more racist than places like California where I live now....I believe a lot of it has to do with its homogenic population (which is better these days with immigrants...but still predominantly white). This is just my opinion though...based on growing up in MA and living in CA.

where in CA do you live? CA runs the entire bigotry spectrum

I don't think it's fair to apply a general perception to an entire city's white population or claim all black athletes.

If you want to say, "Some racist a-holes that live in Boston have been cruel to some Boston pro-athletes" . that would be accurate.

Then you can insert your favorite city when appropriate.

where in CA do you live? CA runs the entire bigotry spectrum

San Diego. Yeah, we have racists and the like all over...especially in the eastern/northern parts....but we also have ~40M people....and about 38% are Hispanic....and they are the majority here. In Massachusetts about 33% of the population is Irish/Italian...

I don't think it's fair to apply a general perception to an entire city's white population or claim all black athletes.

If you want to say, "Some racist a-holes that live in Boston have been cruel to some Boston pro-athletes" . that would be accurate.

Then you can insert your favorite city when appropriate.

That's why I prefaced my comment with "in general" and ended it with, "that is just based on my experience"......

San Diego. Yeah, we have racists and the like all over...especially in the eastern/northern parts....but we also have ~40M people....and about 38% are Hispanic....and they are the majority here. In Massachusetts about 33% of the population is Irish/Italian...

I used to live in Encinitas and Carlsbad......but have been all over the state......you head inland, and you can start hearing banjo music....people just as angry as anywhere

as for sports, used to go to the padres and chargers.........people simply don't care about pro sports the way they do in Boston

you go to OTL yet?

I used to live in Encinitas and Carlsbad......but have been all over the state......you head inland, and you can start hearing banjo music....people just as angry as anywhere

as for sports, used to go to the padres and chargers.........people simply don't care about pro sports the way they do in Boston

you go to OTL yet?

I am super close to Encinitas and Rancho Bernardo myself.

Never played OTL...but have friends who do....not big on baseball/softball/wiffle ball myself....

That's why I prefaced my comment with "in general" and ended it with, "that is just based on my experience"......
I take exception to "in general" but whatever. I'm not going to defend the entire state and city and say racism doesn't exist because it does...and everywhere else but I'm not ready to say there is deeper hatred or more racist a-holes in Boston than other cities or states.

I'm assuming you are AA and have had a-holes harass you here?

I take exception to "in general" but whatever. I'm not going to defend the entire state and city and say racism doesn't exist because it does...and everywhere else but I'm not ready to say there is deeper hatred or more racist a-holes in Boston than other cities or states.

I'm assuming you are AA and have had a-holes harass you here?

Yeah, let's not get into it...race discussions never go anywhere and you can only speak from experience.

BTW, I am an Italian American with an olive skin complexion....and have not ever even once experienced racism because of the color of my skin, but I do have friends and seen/heard some ****ty stuff over the years (e.g. racist jokes and bullying).

Yeah, let's not get into it...race discussions never go anywhere and you can only speak from experience.

BTW, I am an Italian American with an olive skin complexion....and have not ever even once experienced racism because of the color of my skin, but I do have friends and seen/heard some ****ty stuff over the years (e.g. racist jokes and bullying).
Yea me too. I'm white as white can be but I have been called a "cracker" :p

My daughter dated an AA fellow once. His folks lived in upstate NY. Had some pretty horrible experiences. Can't even imagine....

I am super close to Encinitas and Rancho Bernardo myself.

Never played OTL...but have friends who do....not big on baseball/softball/wiffle ball myself....

you should go with your friends just to hang out.......watch the strippers play

used to go to Yogi's in Cardiff for breakfast, bloodies and watch the pats.....owner was a pats fan so it was always on the big screen.......other teams would have their corners with their games going

Apparently Cryrie wants his new team good enough to continue to play well so he can take some games off but not good enough to be 4 minutes from being in the NBA Finals without him.
One of the world’s great minds

I believe the compounding factor is that in this area, we are more tightly wound......I've witnessed 'things going there' the first moment my dad disagreed with someone in broken English......they'd be all over that saying 'I can explain it more slowly or write it down for you if you can read it'

at what point does exposure of a characteristic become racist? people go there when they're pissed even though they may never do that in normal circumstances

absolutely......he could not handle being in the garden for game 7 in case the C's happened to win it......he may well shot his way out of town last summer if the C's made it to the finals......but by the end of the summer, he became relaxed enough to shove his head up his own arse and say 'I'm re-signing here'.....10 min later he was like 'why did I say that?'

the dude's biggest problem is that he has no conviction so he gets no joy out of success

absolutely......he could not handle being in the garden for game 7 in case the C's happened to win it......he may well shot his way out of town last summer if the C's made it to the finals......but by the end of the summer, he became relaxed enough to shove his head up his own arse and say 'I'm re-signing here'.....10 min later he was like 'why did I say that?'

the dude's biggest problem is that he has no conviction so he gets no joy out of success
No kidding....and because they lost down the stretch he was still able to play the, "I won a title and you haven't card." which created resentment across the roster. Worst. Teammate. Ever.

...and I don't give a ****. I had nasal surgery and I was in n out in a couple of hrs (I was hurtin' a little but so what) and was still able to go to my daughter's track meet. F-him. Hes a yellow, insecure little *****.

No kidding....and because they lost down the stretch he was still able to play the, "I won a title and you haven't card." which created resentment across the roster. Worst. Teammate. Ever.

...and I don't give a ****. I had nasal surgery and I was in n out in a couple of hrs (I was hurtin' a little but so what) and was still able to go to my daughter's track meet. F-him. Hes a yellow, insecure little *****.
Yes but how do you feel about him?

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back