PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NBA Draft - Trades - Free Agents

I wonder if Ainge signing Kemba Walker would be enough to make Al change his mind.

The NBA cap rules are far more complicated than the NFL’s. But, I think the only way to get the cap space to sign Walker would be to renounce Horford to be free of his cap hold. Afterwards, they would not have the cap space to resign Horford.

The NBA cap rules are far more complicated than the NFL’s. But, I think the only way to get the cap space to sign Walker would be to renounce Horford to be free of his cap hold. Afterwards, they would not have the cap space to resign Horford.

I think you're right, and that I was confusing the opt out with the renounce, in terms of cap issues, so thank you.

Tacko is a D leaguer but intriguing nonetheless

Not so sure about that. He showed how good he can be in the tourney. My guess? He makes the roster. Dude is an engineering major so he has brains and the want to get better.

Not so sure about that. He showed how good he can be in the tourney. My guess? He makes the roster. Dude is an engineering major so he has brains and the want to get better.
We'll see. He needs playing time. Spending a year in the D leagues wouldn't be the worst thing.

We'll see. He needs playing time. Spending a year in the D leagues wouldn't be the worst thing.

he's poor man's boban marjanovic.........which parallels being a poor man's hank finkle

Close. It was Frank Layden

took awhile but somebody got there

I'd be willing to bet that Fall's body won't be able to withstand an NBA season.....even if he improves conditioning, his ankles/feet won't last

took awhile but somebody got there

I'd be willing to bet that Fall's body won't be able to withstand an NBA season.....even if he improves conditioning, his ankles/feet won't last
He might as well start his M.E now.

“Antetokounmpo's physical profile and ball skills put his potential off the charts. But it's still just potential. He'll need several years of top Euro-level competition to get him ready for the rigors of the NBA. Based on his potential he'll likely be selected by the 20th pick in the first round.”

Like you knew he was going to grow another 3” as a pro.....you crack me up
It was fairly well-known that Antetokounmpo was going in the (most likely early) teens; after the top 12 picks, he was the best prospect among the next group.

It was fairly well-known that Antetokounmpo was going in the (most likely early) teens; after the top 12 picks, he was the best prospect among the next group.

no it wasn't........just went through a dozen mocks for 2013 and nobody had him higher than 15....many had him in the 20's

carry on with your hindsight

Maxwell was on a plane with Grant Williams on the way home from Charlotte and Williams was asking about numbers and Max said he told him numbers 11 and 4 were available.

Interesting no?

Steven Adams on the Cs radar

I'd love to see the Celtics go after Adams.

Horford has been great for the Celtics, a great passer for a big man, good from outside, a mature player, and he injected an certain element of toughness. However, he is already 33 years old and he seemed to slow down this past year.

Adams is bigger (7 ft 265 lbs compared to 6 ft 10, 245 lbs), scores about the same (although mostly closer to the basket), rebounds much better and doesn't pass quite as well. He is often called the strongest player in the league and he was voted the Toughest Player in the League by a poll of NBA GMs (when he found out he said "the GMs must have too much time on their hands"). ;)

He is the type of player that his teammates love but players on other teams hate, perhaps because he seems to be a bit careless about knocking into and/or accidentally clobbering other players while hardly noticing if someone tries to clobber him. Best of all, he is only 25, had his best year last year, and clearly hasn't hit his peak yet.

If Horford injected an element of toughness in the Celts, that would be ten fold for Adams, he might be like a bigger stronger quicker Kendrick Perkins but with much more skill and scoring ability. There might be small ball teams that would occasionally run him off the court but I'm pretty sure he would get plenty of minutes. Players like Giannis Antetokounmpo will have their head on a swivel when in the paint if it is patrolled by Adams.

I say: sign the beast! :D

I have always loved Adams' game.....

But he is on a 50M/2 year remaining contract.....not sure....I want to see what other options there are in FA first....

Right now, we are committed to Hayward the next two seasons at minimum...no way can we trade him and get his ~30M off the cap. So, we really only have a spot for one max FA type....

That is unless we are willing to go over the tax threshold......

I have always loved Adams' game.....

But he is on a 50M/2 year remaining contract.....not sure....I want to see what other options there are in FA first....

Right now, we are committed to Hayward the next two seasons at minimum...no way can we trade him and get his ~30M off the cap. So, we really only have a spot for one max FA type....

That is unless we are willing to go over the tax threshold......

Hayward is one year plus a player option year....I believe he will have a substantially better year next year ... vucevic is older will cost more for more years....all free agents who are of the same caliber as Adams will cost more for more years ... ideally, capella is only 16/yr for 3 years.....you could still go get another body

Giannis just won the MVP award. I wonder where Kelly Olynyk finished in the voting.

Giannis just won the MVP award. I wonder where Kelly Olynyk finished in the voting.

The talk was he didn’t want to get stashed right? In hindsight it was a mistake, but in a lot of ways, I’m glad I don’t have to stomach a dude who plays bully ball and travels on half his drives. I’ve long maintained that if you called his travels and his bully ball, you could almost cut his numbers in half. Plus he would foul out a ton.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back