PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NBA Draft - Trades - Free Agents

you said trade brown, smart, rozier and any combo of picks......there would be no picks to get a guard in the draft......you will likely not get to 4-6 using all 3 picks anyway......your scenario makes no sense
I said that if were GM and wanted to add AD, I would have offered a package of Brown, Smart, Rozier, and any combination of the 5 picks the C's have over the next 2 years that got the deal done. That also presupposed that Kyrie and Horford would be on the team. That would be the basis of a team that would have a shot at it all, and worth the one year rental for AD. And that ASSUMES I thought AD was worth it for a one year rental. Personally I'm not sure that he is. That clearly isn't as good a deal as NO got from LA

But since AD is likely gone and so is Horford, it would be ideal IMHO to get one of the 3 top PG's to develop behind Rozier and Smart.

The issue here is whether the C's have enough to get into the top 6 or 7. Some people think they can. You think they can. I don't know. Atlanta has 2 picks better than the C's but they took a top PG last season. I can't see them moving up to get another.

NO might be shopping that #4 pick taking a numbers approach after they take Zion. Given having Ball now drafting one of the top PG's might not be of interest to them. The C's have the picks and the need. It wouldn't shock me if they pull something off. ORRRRRR you'll be right. ;)

I said that if were GM and wanted to add AD, I would have offered a package of Brown, Smart, Rozier, and any combination of the 5 picks the C's have over the next 2 years that got the deal done. That also presupposed that Kyrie and Horford would be on the team. That would be the basis of a team that would have a shot at it all, and worth the one year rental for AD. And that ASSUMES I thought AD was worth it for a one year rental. Personally I'm not sure that he is. That clearly isn't as good a deal as NO got from LA

But since AD is likely gone and so is Horford, it would be ideal IMHO to get one of the 3 top PG's to develop behind Rozier and Smart.

The issue here is whether the C's have enough to get into the top 6 or 7. Some people think they can. You think they can. I don't know. Atlanta has 2 picks better than the C's but they took a top PG last season. I can't see them moving up to get another.

NO might be shopping that #4 pick taking a numbers approach after they take Zion. Given having Ball now drafting one of the top PG's might not be of interest to them. The C's have the picks and the need. It wouldn't shock me if they pull something off. ORRRRRR you'll be right. ;)

I'm not sure they can get to 6 or 7....maybe to 9.....it's possible Coby White could slip to there otherwise, they can stay put, draft PJ washington, bruno fernando, and carsen edwards......plus they can always bring back Avery Bradley

Time for Hayward to show the **** up next year. Last year was a honeymoon period post-injury. 11/4/3 isn't going to get it done.

Yeah, he should be a 20/6/4 guy at least.....

If you can move up for garland/white I’d consider it. On the other hand standing pat and taking Bol Bol I’m good with too.

LeBron James' Career Earnings Surpass $1B

I'm willing to bet if LeBron played for the league minimum, he would ultimately earn much more than his one-year salary due to soaring popularity and legacy earnings. Why does a guy whose already going over a billion - and likely to continue earning after retirement like Jordan - need to play for a max deal? Wouldn't he be better off playing for a small amount and doing everything he can to win more championships as his window closes? He's making $34M+ and is right up there with the very highest paid players in the league.

Well, in the end we all have different values. I won't even entertain him as the GOAT as a mere 3X champion even though he has self-proclaimed himself with that title.

I think he was a leader in the players union so it was a bad look politically for him to not take the max. Then owners can say “look the best player isn’t taking it, why should you”.

You misspelled "smoking hot, fame/money chasing women to bang everywhere you look."
Any major city gets you that. LA’s worse for it because a larger percentage of the people there are tangentially famous. Reality stats, movie stars, musicians.

The draw to LA is being close to the entertainment industry and making contacts as well as the celebrity culture.

the rockets are looking to sign jimmy butler to a max deal.......problem is they are maxed out with harden cp3 capela amd gordon......they are willing to deal anyone not named harden

I have an idea.......as many of our 2019 draft picks as it takes to get capela and gordon which will open up a max slot for the rockets....we wave goobye to horford and still ahve money to bring 1 near max guy or a couple of 10-15M guys........and let the season start tomorrow

the rockets are looking to sign jimmy butler to a max deal.......problem is they are maxed out with harden cp3 capela amd gordon......they are willing to deal anyone not named harden

I have an idea.......as many of our 2019 draft picks as it takes to get capela and gordon which will open up a max slot for the rockets....we wave goobye to horford and still ahve money to bring 1 near max guy or a couple of 10-15M guys........and let the season start tomorrow

Can we get CP3 and Capela?

Wish I got a nickle every time I hit this thread mistakenly thinking it's NFL - Trades - Free Agents

I would take Eric Gordon too....in fact, that’s what the rockets would have to do to clear a spot for a max contract
I didn't know he was in the last year of his deal. Interesting.

I'm not sure they can get to 6 or 7....maybe to 9.....it's possible Coby White could slip to there otherwise, they can stay put, draft PJ washington, bruno fernando, and carsen edwards......plus they can always bring back Avery Bradley
You seem very knowledgeable. In looking at a few mocks the name that appears most often at 14 is this SG appropriately named Herro. What do you know about him.

Another name later on was Bol Bol, Manute's 7'2 son who is as skinny as him.
Amazing that in this day and age, a kid who's the 11th pick in the first round of the draft is viewed as almost an also ran. Its also funny that I bet 70% of the kids who get drafted in first round and become instant millionaires will have to use some of that money to get fake ID's so they can go into a bar.

There's the rub for the NBA - these kids, despite awesome talent usually need as much as 4 and 5 years to become true professionals.....and that's when they can leave. Its almost like the teams that draft these kids are there to develop them for OTHER teams to reap the benefits when they FINALLY reach their primes. What a world

You seem very knowledgeable. In looking at a few mocks the name that appears most often at 14 is this SG appropriately named Herro. What do you know about him.

Another name later on was Bol Bol, Manute's 7'2 son who is as skinny as him.
Amazing that in this day and age, a kid who's the 11th pick in the first round of the draft is viewed as almost an also ran. Its also funny that I bet 70% of the kids who get drafted in first round and become instant millionaires will have to use some of that money to get fake ID's so they can go into a bar.

There's the rub for the NBA - these kids, despite awesome talent usually need as much as 4 and 5 years to become true professionals.....and that's when they can leave. Its almost like the teams that draft these kids are there to develop them for OTHER teams to reap the benefits when they FINALLY reach their primes. What a world

I would go with Nasir Little, Kevin Porter, or Keldon Johnson over Herro....Herro reminds me of Nik Stauskas and that’s not good....he’s just not athletic enough for my tastes

Bol bol has injury red flags .... I’d rather either go with the euro bitadze or Fernando .... I also like PJ Washington or Chuma Okeke at the 4

I would go with Nasir Little, Kevin Porter, or Keldon Johnson over Herro....Herro reminds me of Nik Stauskas and that’s not good....he’s just not athletic enough for my tastes

Bol bol has injury red flags .... I’d rather either go with the euro bitadze or Fernando .... I also like PJ Washington or Chuma Okeke at the 4

I loved Nasir in High School.
He was such a disappointment at UNC.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back