PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NBA Draft - Trades - Free Agents

It kills me that the Celtics wasted their talent this season.

We were as deep as Toronto......

July 1 can't come soon enough for me....
Yeah, it sucks. I think in many respects Ainge did a masterful job of transitioning from one championship team to building the next. Unfortunately it sure as hell looks like he cashed his chips on the wrong guy.

Why on Earth would he leave the potential NBA champions to join the Clippers?
I’m Canadian... but if they win, Leonard will have two rings and he just wants to go home. I get that. I’d rather live in Provence, than win titles in Detroit, for instance (yes, extreme example).

I’m Canadian... but if they win, Leonard will have two rings and he just wants to go home. I get that. I’d rather live in Provence, than win titles in Detroit, for instance (yes, extreme example).
It’s spelled, Providence.

It’s spelled, Providence.
HeeHee.
(I’ve never been, but I’m sure Providence is also better than Detroit)

Seriously, Southern France is hard to beat. I will revisit often. As soon as I retire, I can see myself spending long stretches of time there.

I get Leonard wanting to spend time where his heart is. But if he decides - by some miracle - to sign in Toronto : that would be fantastic. He and Pascal would be a great duo.

The Lakers died with Jerry Buss. Best owner of all time. Had he still been alive today, players would be lining up to play for the Lakers. As a LA native, you know it’s bad for the Lakers when the Clippers are a better destination even with LeBron James! But the Clippers are still considered the “red headed step child” in LA. We really don’t care for them no matter how good they get.

I have a bad feeling the Lakers swings and misses again this offseason. Their organization is an embarrassment.
The mistake is in thinking LeBron James is a player drawcard; he's not.

The mistake is in thinking LeBron James is a player drawcard; he's not.
The problem I had and still have with LeBron is that you have to cater to what he wants. The Lakers will be making a huge mistake if they trade their young guys to build around a 35 year old.

The problem I had and still have with LeBron is that you have to cater to what he wants. The Lakers will be making a huge mistake if they trade their young guys to build around a 35 year old.
Wrong player for the wrong stage of development. Mind you, since when has LeBron cared about anyone other than LeBron?

Yeah, it sucks. I think in many respects Ainge did a masterful job of transitioning from one championship team to building the next. Unfortunately it sure as hell looks like he cashed his chips on the wrong guy.
Well, truthfully, he didn't actually use any chips of note in getting Kyrie.

Toronto is a great city though. Not really comparable imo.

Everything Dan Gilbert got in that trade was off the team in 3 months. So...no.
Yep, that’s fair. It’s similar to how we sometimes look at Belichick’s moves, tracing what they ultimately end up being. I think both ways have merit to be honest.

I don't know about that. Yeah, we gave the Cavs a first round pick....which they turned into Sexton who is a decent PG....we also gave them Corwder and IT...both of whom we would have never extended with big deals. We got two seasons of elite play from Irving...

It was a wash, IMO...and Ainge did the best he could. Had Irving not been hurt last year, I think we make the finals.....maybe....

I don't know about that. Yeah, we gave the Cavs a first round pick....which they turned into Sexton who is a decent PG....we also gave them Corwder and IT...both of whom we would have never extended with big deals. We got two seasons of elite play from Irving...

It was a wash, IMO...and Ainge did the best he could. Had Irving not been hurt last year, I think we make the finals.....maybe....
And had Irving not been a fake superstar. He's second level.

I was excited when Irving came here. I thought he was in the Durant, Leonard, Davis, Curry, James, et al categories as a player, clutch performer and leader. I was wrong. He's 1/3 there - player (talent-wise)
But he's not clutch and definitely not a leader.

Last edited:
We got two seasons of elite play from Irving

I guess I would disagree with this, at least as far as what the result was. This last Celtics season was the most miserable Boston season for me since the Bobby Valentine Red Sox, maybe worse than that.

Real classless show by Raptor fans cheering that.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back