PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT Mobile QB

Status
Not open for further replies.

farn

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
So I just finished watching a segment on the network that won’t be mentioned.

They had Steve Young & a bunch of players that were never able to lead their team to the trophy presentation. “You’re going to need...” and “we have arrived”... Really ? Kordell ? Cunningham ? Donovan ?

Modern QBs : none of them have won anything (possible exception - Wilson if you consider him a scrambler).

I hope teams continue to want “dual threats” because they are talented, but wildly unsuccessful. Vick, RG3, Jackson... list goes on...

Yeah I thought about that too as the segment didn’t age well as Lamar Jackson lost last night. I’m sure they had to show this because they filmed this a couple weeks ago.

Michael Bishop says “hello”

Yeah I thought about that too as the segment didn’t age well as Lamar Jackson lost last night. I’m sure they had to show this because they filmed this a couple weeks ago.
New age, stats geeks, computers and wunderkinds... and Baltimore’s done in by “can’t stop the run”. Oldest truism in the league.

New age, stats geeks, computers and wunderkinds... and Baltimore’s done in by “can’t stop the run”. Oldest truism in the league.
Vrabel had a great game plan.

QB’s who can pass and run have won Super Bowls. Elway, Young and Wilson come to mind. (I also count Mahomes in this list.)

We’re still waiting on that QB who is known primarily as a runner.

Eh, I dunno. Baltimore did significantly better statistically, they simply turned it over 5 times (if we count a failed 4th down as a turnover, which it essentially is).

He played 8 or 9 in the box and forced Jackson to pass out of the pocket. Jackson reminds me a lot of Josh Allen out of the pocket. Hit and miss and highly inaccurate. The only surprise is why it took so long for a team to play the Ravens this way. Although, to be sure, not every team plays physical enough to pull it off.

I think this is why the Pats passed on him. He would be a disaster in the Brady offense. They would have needed to scrap the playbook....

Eh, I dunno. Baltimore did significantly better statistically, they simply turned it over 5 times (if we count a failed 4th down as a turnover, which it essentially is).
I still think it was the right plan. He had limited talent & needed luck to supplement his strategy. Henry helps. A lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes