PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Mess in Chicago

Two prospects in NFL history has successfully blocked themselves from going to a team they didn’t want to play for. It is a rarity. For the most part, these guys have no choice of blocking where they go.
3 - maybe others?

Elway (No to the Colts)
E. Manning (No to the Chargers)
Rich Gannon (No to the Patriots)

Nagy should be fired Immediately if for no other reason (and there are plenty of others) that he should've made Perfectly Clear to his offense that if the 1st down is made on 4th/11 to STAY THE **** IN BOUNDS, including STOPPING AT THE ****ING ONE-YARD LINE INSTEAD OF SCORING A ****ING TOUCHDOWN YOU ****ING IGNORANT ****ING BONEHEAD!!!

Both Nagy & his GM are terrible. Fire the lot of them Mrs McCaskey before it's too late for you...
It would have been awesome if Godwin had suddenly taken a knee at the one foot line. The announcers and most fans would have initially been shocked and confused before realizing that it was a really smart decision.

Trubisky looked very good in the pre-season running the Bills offense (against Chicago). Trubisky took the heat for Nagy's incompentence. Now Fields (who is not as good as Trubisky) is suffering from this. I think Fields will end up on the garbage pile of ex Ohio St QBs, but still whoever is running the Bears and the coaching staff needs to go.

Nah! I don’t think Eli would have shot his way out of San Diego without the last name of Manning and his dad fighting for him. And Elway had a baseball contract waiting for him if the Colts drafted him. Most QB prospects don’t have the leverage.
Players always have leverage.

La'el Collins, Oline of the Cowboys was a first Rd prospect that had accusations dropped on him the day before the draft which brought his value down to a mid Rd pick.

He made it publicly known that if any team drafted him he would refuse to ever play for them and that it would be a wasted draft pick.

He got what he wanted

I think coaches like Nagy are a reason why so many promising QB prospects over the years turn out to be busts. Most top QB prospects end up going to really bad teams with bad head coaches or first year head coaches. I think the first year or two of a QB's career is so important for their success or failure. Nagy could ruin Fields before the next head coach can even come in and fix him and the offense.

I think Mitchell Trubisky decided to go to Buffalo to be a guaranteed back up rather than going to another team where he might have started because he wanted Brian Daboll to fix him from what Nagy did to him.

From what I saw Sunday in mop up, there's a lot of fixing.

I think coaches like Nagy are a reason why so many promising QB prospects over the years turn out to be busts. Most top QB prospects end up going to really bad teams with bad head coaches or first year head coaches. I think the first year or two of a QB's career is so important for their success or failure. Nagy could ruin Fields before the next head coach can even come in and fix him and the offense.

I think Mitchell Trubisky decided to go to Buffalo to be a guaranteed back up rather than going to another team where he might have started because he wanted Brian Daboll to fix him from what Nagy did to him.

It also doesn't help when a rookie QB sees a different offense every couple years while they are trying to develop as these bad teams replace their coaches who instill their offense

The Bears have been floundering for decades and as has been pointed out, it's a systemic problem rooted in inept ownership. A sad and embarrassing state of affairs for such a proud founding franchise. Their fans deserve better as that team rules in Chicago.

The Bears have been floundering for decades and as has been pointed out, it's a systemic problem rooted in inept ownership. A sad and embarrassing state of affairs for such a proud founding franchise. Their fans deserve better as that team rules in Chicago.
It’s the one team that’s managed to be worse with quarterbacks than the Jest.

The Bears best QB of the last 20 years is Jay Cutler.

The Bears best QB of the last 50 years is Jim McMahon.

What would have happened to Brady had he been drafted into this situation?

Biden and the Federal Government should step in. No excuse for losing at home to the murderer worshipers starting a back up. Heads must roll. Nagy has to go.
Tom Hardy Bait GIF

3 - maybe others?

Elway (No to the Colts)
E. Manning (No to the Chargers)
Rich Gannon (No to the Patriots)

add bo jackson and the buccaneers to that list

I forgot about Gannon and Jackson, but both those are two other unique situations. As some one else stated, the Pats wanted to force Gannon to switch to be a RB and he wouldn't. Jackson decided to play for Royals rather than play for the Bucs in the NFL and then came back into the NFL a year later after the Bucs forfeited their rights to Jackson. Jackson had to sit out of football a year to get to the team he wanted to play for.

Trubisky looked very good in the pre-season running the Bills offense (against Chicago). Trubisky took the heat for Nagy's incompentence. Now Fields (who is not as good as Trubisky) is suffering from this. I think Fields will end up on the garbage pile of ex Ohio St QBs, but still whoever is running the Bears and the coaching staff needs to go.

???

I don't want to defend Nagy, but he and that Bears defense, dragged Trubisky to the playoffs, twice.in four seasons. Trubisky sucks. And, now, Nagy is stuck playing a rookie who was nowhere near ready to be an NFL starter.

Nagy's got plenty of deficiencies as an NFL head coach, but he's also been saddled with incompetent QB play.

They wanted Gannon to play safety.

To be perfectly honest I don't remember this. But everywhere I look, it says they wanted him to be a RB.

But he was a fourth round pick. It wasn't like he was a first rounder who forced his way out of being drafted by someone he didn't want to play for. He just wouldn't play RB and the Pats decided to cut bait.

While I agree that a lot of this is actually on the GM, not the HC, Nagy will probably be fired anyway. Thing is with the terrible roster building Chicago has done for years now it wouldn't shock me one bit if no self respecting HC prospect would dream of going there.

To be perfectly honest I don't remember this. But everywhere I look, it says they wanted him to be a RB.

But he was a fourth round pick. It wasn't like he was a first rounder who forced his way out of being drafted by someone he didn't want to play for. He just wouldn't play RB and the Pats decided to cut bait.
Wikipedia says RB, but they are wrong. It was safety. I also remember him talking about it recently on a broadcast when doing a Pats game.

There isn’t a garbage pile of ex Ohio St QBs to be added to. And fields is 10x the QB Trubisky is.

Jackson decided to play for Royals rather than play for the Bucs in the NFL and then came back into the NFL a year later after the Bucs forfeited their rights to Jackson. Jackson had to sit out of football a year to get to the team he wanted to play for.
not quite... goes a little bit further down the rabbit hole that that... Hugh Culverhouse was trying to recruit Jackson to the Bucs instead of baseball... picked him up in a private plane,flew him to Tampa, wined and dined him... Jackson violated NCAA rules, and was not eligible to finish out his baseball season with Georgia... that ticked him off... He swore he would never play for Tampa after that debacle... so he played baseball, his rights reverted, and the Raiders picked him up the next year, granting him permission to play both sports...

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back