PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Martellus Bennett blasts JG

Martellus is one of the realest dudes to play in the league, he’s made no secret that football was mostly just a job and he walked away with no regrets because he has stuff he actually enjoys doing. But in the meantime he balled out to help us win a ring.

Martellus is one of the realest dudes to play in the league, he’s made no secret that football was mostly just a job and he walked away with no regrets because he has stuff he actually enjoys doing. But in the meantime he balled out to help us win a ring.
We don't like dudes like him around here. They need to ball and stfu. Except for this year where everyone is blabbing and it's perfectly fine.

I doubt it was the agent. Same agent for Brady and Edelman, guys who played tough and through injuries. Fact is JG has always been soft and won't play through pain. Mac is already much tougher than JG ever was. I wonder if Jimmy made up the excuse of his agent which further shows his character. Time has shown JG has no toughness or heart.

Last edited:
We don't like dudes like him around here. They need to ball and stfu. Except for this year where everyone is blabbing and it's perfectly fine.

Can’t help yourself, huh?

This thread has been overwhelmingly positive. Folks acknowledging Bennett for his contributions to the team’s Super Bowls, appreciating his sense of humor, character, charisma. There were hardly any negative comments (and the one or two that existed had nothing to do with Bennett’s relationship with the media, or the way he talked/communicated/expressed himself).

You had to make-up a sentiment that has not been expressed by anyone in this thread (“shut up and play”) just to take a shot at Belichick regarding team culture and the type of players he wants.

The ironic (or maybe “hypocritical” is the better word) thing is that you were complaining about Bourne speaking openly with the media about the Dallas game, saying it’s ‘disturbing’ (or something along those lines) that all of a sudden players are outspoken with the media after 20 years of being buttoned-up … I guess the outspoken Bennett, the type of personality you claim isn’t welcome here, never existed on the team over the past 20 years?

When players are guarded and speak in cliches, you portray that as a negative thing.

‘Belichick wants yes-men. He muzzles his players, doesn’t let them express themselves or have fun. He’s draconian, old-school, and a hard-ass with a coaching style unfit for the modern game’.

When players speak openly and are forward, you portray that as a negative thing.

‘After all these years of running a tight ship the leaks are coming. So bizarre and disturbing all the chatter coming in the media. What is going on internally? Something is seriously wrong’.

There’s nothing the team can do right now that you won’t perceive as negative, because the actual specifics and logical consistency don’t matter; all that matters is Bill Belichick is coaching the Patriots and Tom Brady is no longer on the team, and therefore everything is bad.

You had to pull a gripe about Belichick out of thin-air, making an unprompted complaint about team culture in response to a wholly positive post exclusively praising Bennett.

At any rate, carry on …

Last edited:
Can’t help yourself, huh?

This thread has been overwhelmingly positive. Folks acknowledging Bennett for his contributions to the team’s Super Bowls, appreciating his sense of humor, character, charisma. There were hardly any negative comments (and the one or two that existed had nothing to do with Bennett’s relationship with the media, or the way he talked/communicated/expressed himself).

You had to make-up a sentiment that has not been expressed by anyone in this thread (“shut up and play”) just to take a shot at Belichick regarding team culture and the type of players he wants.

The ironic (or maybe “hypocritical” is the better word) thing is that you were complaining about Bourne speaking openly with the media about the Dallas game, saying it’s ‘disturbing’ (or something along those lines) that all of a sudden players are outspoken with the media after 20 years of being buttoned-up … I guess the outspoken Bennett, the type of personality you claim isn’t welcome here, never existed on the team over the past 20 years?

When players are guarded and speak in cliches, you portray that as a negative thing.

‘Belichick wants yes-men. He muzzles his players, doesn’t let them express themselves or have fun. He’s draconian, old-school, and a hard-ass with a coaching style unfit for the modern game’.

When players speak openly and are forward, you portray that as a negative thing.

‘After all these years of running a tight ship the leaks are coming. So bizarre and disturbing all the chatter coming in the media. What is going on internally? Something is seriously wrong’.

There’s nothing the team can do right now that you won’t perceive as negative, because the actual specifics and logical consistency don’t matter; all that matters is Bill Belichick is coaching the Patriots and Tom Brady is no longer on the team, and therefore everything is bad.

You had to pull a gripe about Belichick out of thin-air, making an unprompted complaint about team culture in response to a wholly positive post exclusively praising Bennett. If that’s not the definition of bias, I’m not sure what is.

At any rate, carry on …
Can't help yourself, huh?

I remember WEEI saying the team was unhappy with JG for backing out of that Bills game at the last minute but a b1tch… man that’s harsh

Shots fired!

@dreighver my post was a sarcastic snark about the below posts. If you find them to be positive, so be it. I wasn't taking a shot at Belichick at all but rather the patsfans that think that Patriots players have to be robots (not celebrate on the field, not express their thoughts, etc.). I like my players to be real people with personality and character.

Martellus Bennett never quite was Mr. Reliable himself. Screw that guy.

Yes, I do remember that. I also remember him getting skewered for flaking out on the Cowboys, Giants, Bears and Packers and departing the Patriots both times under questionable circumstances. Bennett saying crap about quarterbacks he played with is nothing new and pretty cheap. He's a loose cannon and no longer relevant.

I never said it was "disturbing" that players were being outspoken, I said:

"Another thing, have we ever heard so much commentary coming from these players in the last 20 years? It's baffling how much things have changed."

That's hardly a controversial or negative post.

Regarding the quotes in your post, did you make those up because I never said any of that.

Take care little buddy.

Wasn't that his brother?

Yes, it was his brother Michael was the one who said he was "profiled" by the LVPD....

(in my best Warner Wolf voice) let's go to the video tape...

A Look at Michael Bennett, The Las Vegas Incident, and Perceived Character Issues - Crossing Broad

Bottom line, the cops were called because a report of an active shooter, he was instructed to get down, he ran instead, they chased and detained him, and eventually let him go, even though he didn't have any ID on him (I believe the cops actually googled him to confirm his identity). Right after it happened he put out a BLM BS piece about being profiled and having a gun put to his head and the cops threatening to blow his head off, see for yourself what really happened...

If the US is so racist, how come almost all of these racist arrests, turn out to be either lies or haoxes?

It’s just amazing during so many offseasons the past 20 years we learn that Brady is having some surgery to repair a broken or torn this or that but we heard nothing about it all season because he played through it and didn’t complain.

And Belichick wanted to kick him out for Jimmy.

My wife was enamored of the pics of a shirtless Italian Stallion Jimmy G. But she & daughter are still Brady Uber Alles.

Do you seriously not remember the serious injuries he played through in 2016 after we lost Gronk?
You have to spoil everything with facts. It is not fun that way, indulge some of us to be wrong a bit. ...

Imagine if they did trade for Jimmy over the offseason and he was the one taking the pounding Mac's been taking. He'd be on IR by now.
Given how harsh we've been on our own front office, look at what SF has been doing. Passing up on TB12 in favor of hanging on to JG who still had trade value. Hanging on to JG one or two seasons too long, only to watch him walk as a FA with nothing in return except perhaps FA compensation. Giving up 2022 and 2023 first rounders to move up to pick Trey Lance who is talented but not NFL ready, when they could have just held on to those two picks and picked the best QB available, presumably Mac Jones, then had two more bites of the apple if it didn't work out for them. They still don't know if Lance will be 'the guy' yet they've given up the next two first rounders so they damn well better hope it works out for them. It looks like this season and the next will be "learning on the job" years for Lance without the prime draft picks needed to give him some help. They're going through a rebuild whether they know it or not.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back