PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT:Manning offers a basketball analogy for his defense

Status
Not open for further replies.

He should have said they are what they are because I am what I am...

This is basically throwing the defense under the bus. Now, they may deserve it, or the man who coaches them may, or the man who hired them all may. But you just don't say something that divides YOUR team if you are the franchise QB. Tom would have said our defense has made plenty of plays for us and when they are struggling we need to step up as an offense and do more. But that's Tom...

Finger pointing is the sign of a loser. That's why Belichick's teams never do it. I was watching Vick and Mora Jr. nudging each other towards the curb last night. Sr. was right - Michael will prove to be a coach killer. Then there is the other tenant at the Meadowlands who have alternately been full of themselves and lobbing grenades at each other (coaches and players) all season. I'm waiting for Cincy to implode if they don't make the wild card.

Peyton's just trying to get his tv commercials on NBA games.

Hey, at least he not bashing his offensive line again.

He should have said they are what they are because I am what I am...

This is basically throwing the defense under the bus. Now, they may deserve it, or the man who coaches them may, or the man who hired them all may. But you just don't say something that divides YOUR team if you are the franchise QB. Tom would have said our defense has made plenty of plays for us and when they are struggling we need to step up as an offense and do more. But that's Tom...

Finger pointing is the sign of a loser. That's why Belichick's teams never do it. I was watching Vick and Mora Jr. nudging each other towards the curb last night. Sr. was right - Michael will prove to be a coach killer. Then there is the other tenant at the Meadowlands who have alternately been full of themselves and lobbing grenades at each other (coaches and players) all season. I'm waiting for Cincy to implode if they don't make the wild card.

very true but if our team had a D like this , i wouldnt be surprised or overly dissappointed if brady something like that
to be fair , that quote is actually incomplete. i later heard it on TV. He went on to say, "our job is to score points and we didnt enough of it today"...

It sounds like MANNING is about MANNING.....What is going a defense going to do????Listen to a guy that diss them on xmas....Look Manning,if you want to be a one-side team that is what you have.....Go ahead put all the money and rules for your offense....Go make another commerical:D I would love to see you on defense.....Go colts defense,doing a heck of a job defense....GO PATS!!!!!:rocker:

very true but if our team had a D like this , i wouldnt be surprised or overly dissappointed if brady something like that
to be fair , that quote is actually incomplete. i later heard it on TV. He went on to say, "our job is to score points and we didnt enough of it today"...

The reason we don't have a D like that though is because we have a franchise QB willing to take millions less and make the best of whatever offense Belioli assembles for him. Perhaps if Peyton were willing to play for $2-3M less a year on average and make an Oline work without 2 pro bowlers at Center and LT, and make due with only 1 elite #1 WR Polian could spend $12-15M more per year on defense (even though it would make him wretch because offense wins football, TOP and field position mean squat...yada, yada, yada.

You can say what you want in the locker room, at your own peril of course, where it's supposed to be said and stay. You never talk about or to your team through the media unless you include all 53 in your criticism. If you think there aren't a few guys in that locker room on Wednesday who will be grumbling under their breath that if Mr. Audible and his elite weapons weren't sucking up all the resources maybe they could afford some run stuffers and injury depth on defense - and if not maybe they should start putting up resource sucking offensive numbers. Remember, this is essentially the same highly touted D that carried a floundering Colts elite offense through the first month of last season. Until Uncle Bill decided he couldn't afford to keep a couple of his defensive starters because, well, he needed to nail down Wayne and Peyton and Marvin had big bonuses due and besides, last year it was the Oline that let him down. :rolleyes:

I wonder how much of this constant 'tossing under the bus' is the result of Manning just talking too much? I bet 9 times out of 10 he says the right thing; but if you're as much of a media whore as he is, stupid stuff is bound to come out. I bet if he just stuck with the clichés Kevin Costner had Tim Robbins write down in Bull Durham, adjusted to Football, he'd be a Quarterback instead of just a passer.

somewhat funny

"It is what it is and we are what we are,'' Manning said. "It's not like basketball where guys can play both sides of the ball. You can only control when you're out there.

Peyton, Troy Brown says "hi" and asks why Marvin Harrison couldn't play DB?

Peyton, Troy Brown says "hi" and asks why Marvin Harrison couldn't play DB?

Oooohhhh...zinger. He makes shutdown corner money too. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey