PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mahomes says he is eyeing a 20-0 season

I forgot 2006, son of a *****! That's possibly the biggest layup of them all. Refs calling face guarding fouls when face guarding wasn't illegal. Players coming down with illness. And the team still having a chance to win that game. I'll add that to the earlier post.

Thanks.
Haha beat me to it

Maybe if Andy Reid said starts cheating like that cheating-cheater Don Shula.

4 of the 6 wins could easily go the other way too, so I’m cool with the total if not the specifics. Although they woulda had 2006 if they completed that 3rd down so nevermind now I’m kinda pissed
Wish Brady got one ring comfortably with us like he did with the Bucs. I guess the second Rams game was kinda comfortable? It was close on the scoreboard but I didn't doubt at any time we were winning that game.

If the Pats win the Super Bowl in 2007 they start the 2008 season on Thursday Night against someone who isn’t the Chiefs meaning Brady never gets hurt and considering how unbelievably weak the league was that year they probably win the Super Bowl again. Now maybe Brady gets hit by a bus instead of blowing out his knee but still, it’s haunting.

Wish Brady got one ring comfortably with us like he did with the Bucs. I guess the second Rams game was kinda comfortable? It was close on the scoreboard but I didn't doubt at any time we were winning that game.
Yeah it was a weird kind of tense...never really had a shift or reversal of fortune. Just tight, then the Pats finally got the two score lead

• Agree
Reactions: sb1
I agree. I think they could go worse than 14-3 just due to the SB loser hangover and the AFC being so competitive. I see this as a set back year for them. Would not surprise me either to see Hill and/or Kelce end up injured as well given they will want to beat the breaks off of teams to prove the SB was an aberration.

Overlooked by the offensive line collapse is that the defense was absolute hot garbage in the SB, and many of us were noting coming into that game that, on paper, it was a at best an average unit when looking at advanced stats. Ther ppg was okay, but that was mainly becausee teams were always playing catch up, field position, lack of offensive turnovers, etc.

The offense got hit with two key injuries, one at the worst time, and had the worst matchup with the Bucs, so I can understand why they got dominated in the trenches. The defense played like the defense plays but got whistled for their aggressiveness...they might have allowed 45+ if the Bucs hadn't taken their foot off the gas.

So I was very surprised the team spent all its money on the offensive line with Thuney and Brown. They're good players, but they really just need adequate blocking instead of those turnstiles in the SB. The defense is totally cooked. At absolute best, they're very healthy and maybe a middling unit, depending on opponent. An injury to Chris Jones or Tyran Mathieu, and we're looking at a bottom 5 unit.

That Chiefs defense is going to be really bad. Due to that, I think their ceiling is 14-3 next year.
Don’t know if it’s next year but they’re eventually due for an injury to Kelce/Hill at some point. Yeah injuries to the OL came at the worst possible time last year but they’ve been pretty fortunate to not lose their 2 best weapons for an extended period. Especially compared to Gronk and Edelman.

Don’t know if it’s next year but they’re eventually due for an injury to Kelce/Hill at some point. Yeah injuries to the OL came at the worst possible time last year but they’ve been pretty fortunate to not lose their 2 best weapons for an extended period. Especially compared to Gronk and Edelman.

The only team comparable to the Chiefs is the 2010s Seahawks, in terms of being so ridiculously top heavy. The Chiefs continue to kick the can down the road on Mahomes for now, but it will come back to them. The Chiefs are basically Mahomes, Kelce, Hill, Thuney, Brown, Chris Jones, Mathieu, and 46 guys who range between average and bad. I'm really shocked they're still trying to build through superstar contracts and signings. They're insane...just wait a few years, if you think the whining about Aaron Rodgers, Russell Wilson, etc. is bad in terms of not having a competiitve roster.

2 teams have a pretty reasonable shot at an unbeaten season. For either, it would take a lot of luck, and a lot of heath.

There are two teams, and then the rest, not close to them.

Good luck...Kelce is due to regress, Hill a hamstring injury away, and Mahomes has been hurt the past 3 straight seasons...

Remember when the 2015 Pats were 10-0 and then lost 4 of their last 6? Stuff can happen and it can happen fast.

No you couldn't. Teams in the same division play each other twice. The best you could do is 15-0-2 in the regular season and that would involve some pretty severe collusion

I said conference. Not division

It’s not possible, you would have to be undefeated and play a wild card game. Once the owners get their 18th game it will become possible.
Sorry Ivan it IS possible. You go 17-0 but so do 2 other div.winners. they beat you on tiebreakers so you play the wild card.

Sorry Ivan it IS possible. You go 17-0 but so do 2 other div.winners. they beat you on tiebreakers so you play the wild card.
Whoops didnt see Nikolai's post

Meh, he’s a franchise qb, I’d expect nothing less, pretty much
most of them want to win every game. Maybe not Aaron Rodgers?

Brady's sprained ankle (From San Diego game) + Neal's injury + Banged up TEs + Bad officiating on Giants' desperation drive

That's what did them in.
Don't forget Asante Samuel dropping the easiest interception of his life

Overlooked by the offensive line collapse is that the defense was absolute hot garbage in the SB, and many of us were noting coming into that game that, on paper, it was a at best an average unit when looking at advanced stats. Ther ppg was okay, but that was mainly becausee teams were always playing catch up, field position, lack of offensive turnovers, etc.

The offense got hit with two key injuries, one at the worst time, and had the worst matchup with the Bucs, so I can understand why they got dominated in the trenches. The defense played like the defense plays but got whistled for their aggressiveness...they might have allowed 45+ if the Bucs hadn't taken their foot off the gas.

So I was very surprised the team spent all its money on the offensive line with Thuney and Brown. They're good players, but they really just need adequate blocking instead of those turnstiles in the SB. The defense is totally cooked. At absolute best, they're very healthy and maybe a middling unit, depending on opponent. An injury to Chris Jones or Tyran Mathieu, and we're looking at a bottom 5 unit.
The Chiefd D got called for the atrocious holding they should have been called for all year

I don't believe any team will ever go undefeated in the regular season again, nevermind going 20-0. The 2007 Patriots were about as unstoppable of a team as we've ever seen and they couldn't even finish the job. No one has gone undefeated in the regular season since, and I don't think any team has made it past week 15 undefeated. Now, with 17 games, it'll just be harder.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back