PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Lamar Jackson

Status
Not open for further replies.
And you know that how exactly?
We do know they won it with him so by default removing him from the equation they don't.

Saying, "So and so would be fine here and they would have won it." is a hypothetical.

It seems the legend of Sony's 2018 postseason grows larger with every 2019 crappy performance.

We do know they won it with him so by default removing him from the equation they don't.

Saying, "So and so would be fine here and they would have won it." is a hypothetical.

Just as hypothetical to say "with Michel removed, we would have lost the SB"

Just as hypothetical to say "with Michel removed, we would have lost the SB"
But that didn't happen and again a baseless argument.

Changing history doesn't help your hypothetical

I still say this college offense blows up and Baltimore will choke at one point. All you need to do is get a lead on them and then don't show you;re loading the box. His passing improves when you load the box, because he knows he can have someone wide open because of it.

They got smoked by the Browns, almost lost to Buffalo and Arizona of all teams.

If Bart Scott wants "smoke and mirrors", that's it.

We know pretty well how he'd do here. He'd warm the bench and in games where the offense can't move the ball he'd maybe get a handful snaps for a bit of trickery. Until Brady got injured or retired.

And people on the board would call him a waste of a pick because nobody would actually know how good his legs are. And if they knew they'd call BB an idiot for not converting him into a RB.

Given that the offense can't move the ball right now, Jackson's time as starter may have come sooner than later.

We know pretty well how he'd do here. He'd warm the bench and in games where the offense can't move the ball he'd maybe get a handful snaps for a bit of trickery. Until Brady got injured or retired.

And people on the board would call him a waste of a pick because nobody would actually know how good his legs are. And if they knew they'd call BB an idiot for not converting him into a RB.
Nobody knew what was arguably his biggest strength?

Given that the offense can't move the ball right now, Jackson's time as starter may have come sooner than later.
Maybe if we knew how good his legs were?

Nobody knew what was arguably his biggest strength?

No. Why would you assume otherwise ? 80-90% didn't know until late last year. Gotta get out of your bubble and realize whats common knowledge.

There is a difference between he is "good with his legs" and what Roman has orchastrated this year.

Why would you assume anyone would look beyond the label ?

But that didn't happen and again a baseless argument.

Changing history doesn't help your hypothetical

You're funny. It didn't happen, and you are TELLING me it didn't happen, yet you used it as argument: We had Michel so we won the SB, implying that we would have lost without him.

Makes sense.

You're funny. It didn't happen, and you are TELLING me it didn't happen, yet you used it as argument: We had Michel so we won the SB, implying that we would have lost without him.

Makes sense.
Actually you attempted to leverage it in yours. I'm just stating reality and poo-poo'ing any/all hypothetical arguments as they are worthless but you continue to use them to make some kind of point.

Actually you attempted to leverage it in yours. I'm just stating reality and poo-poo'ing any/all hypothetical arguments as they are worthless but you continue to use them to make some kind of point.

giphy.gif

No. Why would you assume otherwise ? 80-90% didn't know until late last year. Gotta get out of your bubble and realize whats common knowledge.

There is a difference between he is "good with his legs" and what Roman has orchastrated this year.

Why would you assume anyone would look beyond the label ?
You said nobody knew how good his legs were. That's exactly what you said. No mention of Roman or how he'd be utilized.

Anyone paying even a little attention knew its was arguably his biggest strength.

Again just bc you didn't know or are not informed doesn't mean others don't know what they're talking abt.

Maybe next year you can sit at the adults table when discussing football but rn you sound abt as casual as it gets.

I guess?

We know its the easiest position in football to transition into from college. Literally every year you can look at the league leaders & see names that are udfa, mid-late Rd picks.

I'm really not trying to trivialize what Michel did. I was excited as anyone when we grabbed him even if it might not have been my personal pick.

Yeah, I agree with this and think that, unless it’s a transcendent talent like Barkley or Gurley, there’s no sense in using a first round pick on a running back. I still don’t really understand picking Michel at #31...it’s possible the scouting department did see him as a perennial pro bowl talent.

The blocking and schemes last year with Gronk, Allen, Develin, and a really dominant offensive line down the stretch was the main reason for the running success, but let’s not diminish what Sony did either. He was really good in the postseason in the open field and had some great runs, and he also filled in as a replacement for Blount near the goal line (I think the Pats regretted letting Blount walk in 2017.). You might recall 2017 was a struggle in short yardage situations.

I don’t know here...Michel is certainly not a bust and it’s not like he was a top 5 pick. He’s like most backs though and is just about as good as his blocking. The idea that the Patriots could have had Jackson is irrelevant in my opinion...that has more to do with their evaluation of Jackson than their evaluation of Michel. If they’d known he would be this good, they would have done everything they could to pick him. This is just the nature of the draft. I’m sure they didn’t pick Michel with the idea that “Jackson is our QB of the future for sure, and let’s hope he drops 20 more slots so we can steal him.”

Yeah, I agree with this and think that, unless it’s a transcendent talent like Barkley or Gurley, there’s no sense in using a first round pick on a running back. I still don’t really understand picking Michel at #31...it’s possible the scouting department did see him as a perennial pro bowl talent.

The blocking and schemes last year with Gronk, Allen, Develin, and a really dominant offensive line down the stretch was the main reason for the running success, but let’s not diminish what Sony did either. He was really good in the postseason in the open field and had some great runs, and he also filled in as a replacement for Blount near the goal line (I think the Pats regretted letting Blount walk in 2017.). You might recall 2017 was a struggle in short yardage situations.

I don’t know here...Michel is certainly not a bust and it’s not like he was a top 5 pick. He’s like most backs though and is just about as good as his blocking. The idea that the Patriots could have had Jackson is irrelevant in my opinion...that has more to do with their evaluation of Jackson than their evaluation of Michel. If they’d known he would be this good, they would have done everything they could to pick him. This is just the nature of the draft. I’m sure they didn’t pick Michel with the idea that “Jackson is our QB of the future for sure, and let’s hope he drops 20 more slots so we can steal him.”
Even Barkley in the top 10 is crazy. Great player to have but they've won 7 games since the selected him.

Obviously not his fault but the value, impact just isn't there.

Regarding Sony it's a mystery. He was a dynamic player in college that flashed almost every game. So from a fit pov, he made sense. If you're taking a RB late Rd1-early 2nd, you want that type of RB.

I'm sure I'm forgetting someone but I can't remember a player looking/used as differently as Sony. Very strange case.

You said nobody knew how good his legs were. That's exactly what you said. No mention of Roman or how he'd be utilized.

Anyone paying even a little attention knew its was arguably his biggest strength.

Again just bc you didn't know or are not informed doesn't mean others don't know what they're talking abt.

Maybe next year you can sit at the adults table when discussing football but rn you sound abt as casual as it gets.

I knew that you can't write in the English language or are able to use a computer to the point to cut/and narrate clips because that you have abundantly shown here and on your cute, little irrelevant Twitter account.

But I was not aware that you can't even read. Seriously here are the words.. and let me help you by emphasizing:

Guess what the nobody is in relation to in this sentence, Professor Bacon. And don't even start to try to argue this on a literal basis because you, me and everyone knows what this is supposed to mean.

Stop gatekeeping as if you are some kind of authority about college players there is a sub-board full of them here. You are not special.

People who looked a bit into him knew that a) he is not a great passer and b) he is deadly with his legs. But as I said the average person didn't realize how good he actually was and looking where he was taking neither did about a third of the league.

i cant stop watching neville hewitt’s pop on lamar...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back