PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Lamar Jackson

Status
Not open for further replies.
alt-5a8f2aef44513-4922-74700bcf33fba43c9426ba282d93c900@1x.jpg

Not surprised. Running QBs always get hurt.

Well, statistics show that running Quarterbacks don't have long NFL careers so......

We need all the help we can get..

Well, statistics show that running Quarterbacks don't have long NFL careers so......

if quarterback is a typically a passing position than of course the ones who specialize at passing will last longer than the ones who specialize as runners

Quad injury ... If it slows him down a bit, it helps

if quarterback is a typically a passing position than of course the ones who specialize at passing will last longer than the ones who specialize as runners
Well the ones who hand off and watch will definitely last longer than the ones who keep it and run.

When people talk about "running" QBs I often wonder what they're really saying

Not surprised. Running QBs always get hurt.
Well the ones who hand off and watch will definitely last longer than the ones who keep it and run.

Watson
Wentz

Haven't been the same well I know Watson has pretty much recovered but I argue that's he's not 100 percent to what he was before he tore his ACL.

Steve Young played until he was 38. He had 70 carries for nearly 500 yards at the age of 37.

John Elway averaged 50 carries for 300 yards per season over his career. He retired at 38.

Russell Wilson has never missed a game in his career.

Watson
Wentz

Haven't been the same well I know Watson has pretty much recovered but I argue that's he's not 100 percent to what he was before he tore his ACL.

Watson tore his ACL in practice

Confirmed: Practicing QBs more injury-prone

Steve Young played until he was 38. He had 70 carries for nearly 500 yards at the age of 37.

John Elway averaged 50 carries for 300 yards per season over his career. He retired at 38.

Brady is playing at 42, moon played til 43, and many other pocket passers played many years.
Giving a few samples doesn’t make the “more likely” argument.

Are you honestly telling me that a qb who runs running plays is not more likely to get injured than the qb who hands off and watches the rb run?
That would mean that no an ever has gotten injured running.

Watson tore his ACL in practice

Confirmed: Practicing QBs more injury-prone
Surely you understand the difference between the likelihood of something happening and incidents of something happening.

I flipped 100 quarters 3 times and 4 of them only cane up heads. I cannot use those 4 to prove a quarter never comes up tails.

In addition to the early playoff exits, Young suffered a series of injuries that forced him to miss several games from 1995 to 1997. Young entered the 1998 season at age 37 and some began to wonder if his skills would diminish because of his history of injuries and a general decline in his game due to age.
Young was plagued by concussions throughout his career. During a Week 3 Monday Night Football game against the Arizona Cardinals, Young was violently sacked by Cardinals' cornerback Aeneas Williamsdue to a missed blocking assignment by 49ers' running back Lawrence Phillips. Young was knocked out of the game with a concussion, and didn't return again for the rest of the season due to symptoms of post-concussion syndrome. The concussion he suffered against the Cardinals was reportedly his second in a season that was only three weeks old, and the seventh (at least) of his career. Young was forced to retire at the end of the year; the team informed him that he would be released if he did not retire. Although Young was offered a job as the Broncos starting quarterback, he retired because of his repeated concussions.
wikipedia

Lamar jackson will last a long time if he can throw the ball and continue to progress as a passer.

RG3 fizzled out because it turned out he wasn’t very good when he couldn’t run anymore

Brady is playing at 42, moon played til 43, and many other pocket passers played many years.
Giving a few samples doesn’t make the “more likely” argument.

Are you honestly telling me that a qb who runs running plays is not more likely to get injured than the qb who hands off and watches the rb run?
That would mean that no an ever has gotten injured running.

Your framing of the question is characteristically stupid. There is no QB in the NFL who keeps it themselves more than they hand it off. Even Jackson runs it himself on average about 10 times per game once you subtract out kneel downs. Those carries just happen to be monumentally positive.

Otherwise, the number of "running QBs" nowadays is vastly higher than it was in the past. QBs get hurt. QBs have always gotten hurt. Tom Brady had missed 15 more games at the same age than Russell Wilson has.

There's certainly some additional risk for QBs who are exposed to more hits, but the role that taking hits plays in terms of major injuries is always vastly overstated by fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots