PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kirk Cousins to Jets?

My Jets buddy claims the Jets are feigning interest in Cousins to drive price elsewhere, which makes no sense since the Jets would then be paying higher pricing for another one of these supposed 27+ mil per year QB, 2nd tier type of QBs.

Kind of reminded of the Bruins back in 2010-2011, when everyone knew Rask was the heir apparent and they couldn't wait to get rid of Tim Thomas -- and then Thomas won a Cup and Rask never has.

It's actually an interesting question -- keep the guy who's got the hype for all the rings he's going to win, or the guy who just won you one? Not exactly a slam dunk.

Thomas needed that fire like Brady when BB drafted Garoppolo. Ironically, this year, with Rasks's early season benching, that worked too.

Stroke of genius, as simple of a decision as that was for Cassady.

Rask developed a bit of a 'tude the last few years.

Cousins wouldn't have to do much to be the best quarterback they've had in a very, very long time
Where would that leave the Jete? I think it'd go down like CIN: they'd have a Dalton-esque average QB tying up a lot of cap room, forcing the Jete to need spectacular drafting and spectacular player development to become more than mediocre, which is fine by me.

Where would that leave the Jete? I think it'd go down like CIN: they'd have a Dalton-esque average QB tying up a lot of cap room, forcing the Jete to need spectacular drafting and spectacular player development to become more than mediocre, which is fine by me.
And that would still be the best they've had in quite awhile

Thomas needed that fire like Brady when BB drafted Garoppolo. Ironically, this year, with Rasks's early season benching, that worked too.

Stroke of genius, as simple of a decision as that was for Cassady.

Rask developed a bit of a 'tude the last few years.

A few years ago I thought Rask was not “Cup” material, ever since that game 6 debacle vs. Chicago.

Last edited:
My Jets buddy claims the Jets are feigning interest in Cousins to drive price elsewhere, which makes no sense since the Jets would then be paying higher pricing for another one of these supposed 27+ mil per year QB, 2nd tier type of QBs.

Don't think so. If they don't sign Cousins, pretty sure they focus on a rookie. Maybe re-sign Mccown as the vet backup.

Don't think so. If they don't sign Cousins, pretty sure they focus on a rookie. Maybe re-sign Mccown as the vet backup.
McClown is your best shot at winning, period, unless Cousins is signed. But who you really want is Mayfield. The best scenario of all is your moronic Jete signing Cousins to a massive cap-strapping contract and then drafting Mayfield as heir apparent. Another 50 years of suckage will be under way.

And that would still be the best they've had in quite awhile
True, but even though we're spoiled in New England, everyone in the league knows the goal is Super Bowls, not losing in wildcard or first round games. CIN is a team that can't build a good team because their QB is getting paid and they aren't particularly good at evaluating or developing talent. That's the ceiling of where the Jete are heading.

The Jete failed at failing to win, and so they've lost a chance at a top-tier QB in the draft. That leaves them with the opportunity to engage in bidding that helps Kirk Cousins drive his price up and still go to a better team than the Jete. There's other FA QBs, but who would want to join a team like the Jete that has so little offensive talent to begin with and is clearly prioritizing the defense over the offense?

True, but even though we're spoiled in New England, everyone in the league knows the goal is Super Bowls, not losing in wildcard or first round games. CIN is a team that can't build a good team because their QB is getting paid and they aren't particularly good at evaluating or developing talent. That's the ceiling of where the Jete are heading.

The Jete failed at failing to win, and so they've lost a chance at a top-tier QB in the draft. That leaves them with the opportunity to engage in bidding that helps Kirk Cousins drive his price up and still go to a better team than the Jete. There's other FA QBs, but who would want to join a team like the Jete that has so little offensive talent to begin with and is clearly prioritizing the defense over the offense?
Following Jete futility and suckage is a fun hobby! Driving on Route 2 today I was at a stoplight behind a car that had a Jete license plate frame. I was hoping to pull up alongside, roll down my window and yell "Jete suck!" but didn't get the chance.

Who are the top rookies?

Last edited:
One thing Kirk Cousins have proven is that he *himself* cannot make a Team better so the Team that signs him better be stacked from top to bottom.

Last edited:
It would seem, cousins has a lot to gain by using the jets interest in him to drive up the price he gets from Denver or Arizona.

One thing Kirk Cousins have proven is that he *himself* cannot make a Team better so the Teams that signs him better be stacked from top to bottom.

That team fell apart around him this year.

I don’t think a team needs to be stacked

He’s a good player. He’s gonna get overpaid. So did Flacco. He’s better than Flacco though. Much better

For example, if you put Kirk cousins on the saints this year, I think he could’ve done everybit as good a job as drew brees.

I think a lot of the hate on cousins is because of a few I’ll timed interceptions. Cousins can read a defense a lot better than a lot of other guys in this league. So is he gonna carry a team? No. Is he talented enough to win an MVP, I think so.

I guranteed he’d end up with the jets, looks pretty good right now. Hopefully they screw up in surrounding him with talent

For example, if you put Kirk cousins on the saints this year, I think he could’ve done everybit as good a job as drew brees.

Really? I'd say Brees is in elite territory with Rodgers n Brady.

You really think Cousins is as good as Brees?

Really? I'd say Brees is in elite territory with Rodgers n Brady.

You really think Cousins is as good as Brees?

Not neccessarily. But I think the saints would have been just as good with cousins

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back