PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Julio Jones loses 100k earring in lake..

ViperGTS

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
....and hires a dive team to recover it.

https://sports.yahoo.com/divers-search-lake-julio-jones-lost-100000-diamond-earring-172528001.html

"Bobby Griffin, the self-described “Scubaman” of Lake Lanier in Gainesville, Georgia, was hoping he and local salvage diver Richard Pickering would be able to successfully recover Jones’ earring. Unfortunately, Pickering now believes it’s a lost cause, considering the piece of jewelry is likely down about 65 feet in the man-made lake."​

Guess Scubaman had no luck and Julio should be thankful its was just his earring and not his SB rin......I mean yeah. He doesn't have to worry about that.

:D

Julio always looked so pretty when he wore this style of earring

Pretty sure this is why they have insurance, but yeah, if I'm a millionaire I'd probably pay someone to go and look for it, too.

At 65' they are probably going to need to bring in mixgas equipment Im guessing. Maybe an ROV wouldn't be a bad idea. You have such a short maximum bottom time at that depth you never cover much ground at all. That and I'm assuming Jones doesn't know exactly where his ring fell, just the general area.

This is just a redemption play for Phelps.

Damn. If I was living in Gainesville, dropping everything I do and go find this would be the 2nd thing I would do......you know, after #1, leave Gainesville.

Time to get the snorkel out!

Why spend so much on earrings lol? What's the tangible difference between 1k, 10k and 100k earrings?

Wearing a piece of jewelry worth $100,000 while jet skiing is dumb.

Wearing an uninsured piece of jewelry worth $100,000 while jet skiing is dumber.

Expecting a diver who retrieves said piece of jewelry 65 feet down in the murky sludge at the bottom of a lake to return it to you is really, really dumb unless you're offering a $10,000 reward [i.e., roughly what it would fetch for someone attempting to sell (i.e., "fence") it under circumstances suggesting "dubious" ownership rights]. In other words, you're better off taking the insurance settlement than paying hard cash to someone who finds it, unless, of course, you were dumb enough not to have it insured. Which...is...possible.

Thinking that any of this is "good publicity" for a wealthy, entitled professional athlete is really, really, really dumb.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back