PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Josh McDaniels Fired

rkarp1

On the Game Day Roster
Reactions
That is a great question. The belief is he is a great communicator, with the players, very intelligent, and strong w/ Xs and Os.

The Panthers thought highly enough to want to interview him. Who knows.
we also see some teams opting for the fiery leader type, leaving the X's and O's to others. it appears to be working for the Lions. it has in the past for Vrabel. we now see the Raiders trying it with A Pierce. is Mayo that type, and if he is, who can he bring in for the x's and o's?

sb1

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reactions
Would Josh want to come back to NE to be Mac's QB coach?

I hope one of the changes the team makes this winter is to get a real coaching staff with dedicated roles like other teams instead of a small group of Bill puppets with multiple titles.

Froob

Independent Investigator & pliable af
PatsFans.com Supporter
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reactions
Whelp let's see how many idiots it takes to average 17 ppg. Add one more to the mix, welcome home

Family

In the Starting Line-Up
Reactions
I wonder if signing Chandler Jones didn't hurt too.

The rap on Jimmy = injuries. Chandler = mental issues.

After committing to both, where are they now?

Zuma

Hall of Fame Benchwarmer
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reactions

The Pats always have a very low number of coaches. I believe that’s because BB is very careful with what and how his players are coached (I wouldn’t doubt Kraft has asked him to get more coaches as well to help him…especially lately). He trusts Josh…which is why I think he comes back as an assistant while getting paid by the Raiders.

Last edited:

Sect140

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reactions
Maybe the worst news of the day.

That’s why I wanted Mac out of this team to avoid temptation like that.

You can pretty much guarantee now that BOB will leave this mess for a HC job in college, bill will stay, Josh will be back and they will keep Mac. And this teams will be forever a .500 team at best
If I’m a college AD and I’m looking at this Patriots offense, I’m not hiring BOB to lead my program, unless he gives up play calling.

RobertWeathers

Member of the Seattle 7 & Roadie for Metallica
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reactions
we also see some teams opting for the fiery leader type, leaving the X's and O's to others. it appears to be working for the Lions. it has in the past for Vrabel. we now see the Raiders trying it with A Pierce. is Mayo that type, and if he is, who can he bring in for the x's and o's?
I'm not sure the "fiery" approach is sustainable long -term but I agree that does seem to be the trend. Owners want head coaches who bring energy, excitement, passion ,and bring a tireless work-ethic to their job. They want coaches who can relate to the players -who can connect with them so they are able to get the most out of their play.

Bourne Again Christian

Hall of Fame Poster
Reactions
Josh has a better chance of waiting for a team to hire these offensive coordinators as HCs then slide into the Eagles or Lions as OC.
Keep in mind he has a relationship with Sirianni since he had hand picked him for the Colts staff.

Bourne Again Christian

Hall of Fame Poster
Reactions
Belichick coaching tree has crash and burned in the NFL.
Robert you see what the Raiders had the balls to do.
What will it take Rob?

condon84

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reactions
Don't want Josh back.

It'll delude this franchise into thinking Mac is salvageable and we'll waste a few more years. If you look at Mac's second half rookie season, it's consistent with his play last year and this year - awful.

We all blamed Patricia last year, but this year with a real OC it's even worse.

RobertWeathers

Member of the Seattle 7 & Roadie for Metallica
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reactions
Josh has a better chance of waiting for a team to hire these offensive coordinators as HCs then slide into the Eagles or Lions as OC.
Keep in mind he has a relationship with Sirianni since he had hand picked him for the Colts staff.
Yep. He needs to land with a team with a good QB surrounded by good talent. Period. He can't have another Rams experience. If not he might as well play golf every day for the next four years or go to TV as his street cred as a HC is already poop.

stcjones

Pro Bowl Player
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reactions

They owe him four more years? Wow, how stupid… They should’ve demanded that he bringing an offensive coordinator… And stop trying to do everything himself… or try to workout some other arrangement because they owe him all that money… Unbelievable

Bourne Again Christian

Hall of Fame Poster
Reactions
Yep. He needs to land with a team with a good QB surrounded by good talent. Period. He can't have another Rams experience. If not he might as well play golf every day for the next four years or go to TV as his street cred as a HC is already poop.
wherever he goes only a confident ****y HC takes him on cause Josh has a ton of attitude.
So I like him to the Eagles if Brian Johnson their OC gets a HC job.
we know he’s. Not intimidating Campbell in Detroit either.

Sect140

Reactions
2 years is too little time to judge on a coach/GM's work IMO, but early sign weren't great for dearest Josh

I do have to wonder if BB's recents struggles trickle down to his coaching hierarchy in some way.
That’s Mark Davis. He’s been in charge for 12 years and has hired 8 head coaches, he needs to hire one of those firms to hire the next coach, when the owner is clueless then the whole organization is.

nextsuperstar

Reactions
They should have kept Rich Bisaccia and hired an elite GM with a great track record.
No elite GM is taking the job, that’s my point. Organizations that dont give support and freedom to their GMs are not desirable places to work. And if you fail once it’s harder to get another job.

Look at the Red Sox GM search (different sport same principles). They fired three GMs in 8 years, each last four seasons. This time many top candidates turned down interviews.

Patriots News 3-3, Jackson Released, Salary Cap Grows 
Saturday Morning Notebook 3/2: News and Notes
Patriots Part Ways With CB J.C. Jackson
Friday Afternoon Patriots Notebook 3/1: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 2/29: News and Notes
Wasting Their Time? Bill Belichick’s Final Year Ends With a Poor Grade by NFLPA
Wednesday Afternoon Patriots Notebook 2/28: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s 2024 Combine Press Conference 2/28
Tuesday Afternoon Patriots Notebook 2/27: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Director of Scouting Eliot Wolf’s Press Conference 2/27