PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jimmy G. benched

Agreed and we'll need to tackle very well. The radio guys were saying this morning that 80%+ of the passing yards were after the catch so we have to limit that and hope the offense can put up 20+.
Their weapons are very good at getting YAC. Jimmy won't need to do a lot to help them although he had some really nice darts yesterday like the TD to Kittle. Minimizing the missed tackling will be critical.

Their weapons are very good at getting YAC. Jimmy won't need to do a lot to help them although he had some really nice darts yesterday like the TD to Kittle. Minimizing the missed tackling will be critical.
Ya he played very well. It's going to be a tough game but we should play much better than last week and I think Jimmy can be rattled. We'll see what the defense can do.

this thread aged well...

Speaking of Jimmy G, is there a reason Tom doesn't follow him on Instagram? I thought the two were pretty tight...

this thread aged well...

Speaking of Jimmy G, is there a reason Tom doesn't follow him on Instagram? I thought the two were pretty tight...
The glee that Bradyites seem to have when JG or Stidham struggles is just bizarre. It's like they have a grudge against them for daring to be next in line to their hero. Really weird. I mean I liked Brady too but I sure don't have a grudge against either of those guys.

I can't wait to read all the stories this week about the "what if's" if Jimmy was with the Pats or if Bill will make a run at him this offseason.

Do folks think Bill legitimately goes after Jimmy? Nor sure Niners actually move off of him though.

You really want Jimmy back after watching him perform in San Fran and his injuries? Cam is the guy for the Pats but I agree that Bill does not pay him. It will be time to restart next year with the draft to find the guy or perhaps see if another decent FA becomes available.

Did you watch him yesterday, playing with an improved ankle injury but still hurt? His injury makes it tough for him to push off while throwing a pass, but what did he show yesterday? 3 TDs and a win.

Delete

Last edited:
Did you watch him yesterday, playing with an improved ankle injury but still hurt? His injury makes it tough for him to push off while throwing a pass, but what did he show yesterday? 3 TDs and a win.
The issue is he has loads of talent in San Fran. Kittle can take pretty much any pass to the house. And his run game is a beast. He would look worse than pedestrian here and be unable to stay healthy on top.

Great now that sf game goes back to being a tough one! Hopefully we can get a full week of practice and at least andrews back

The issue is he has loads of talent in San Fran. Kittle can take pretty much any pass to the house. And his run game is a beast. He would look worse than pedestrian here and be unable to stay healthy on top.
I was talking about how he played the game for the 49ers

The last part would be my concern too. I think he could do all right here with a run focused offense. Worked last year in SF. With a Brady offense here no definitely not.

I can't wait to read all the stories this week about the "what if's" if Jimmy was with the Pats or if Bill will make a run at him this offseason.

Do folks think Bill legitimately goes after Jimmy? Nor sure Niners actually move off of him though.

depending on what happens with Cam newton I think Bill would go after Jimmy G. he absolutely loves the guy and wanted him to be bradys successor.

We already know he can run the offense and do so successfully.

depending on what happens with Cam newton I think Bill would go after Jimmy G. he absolutely loves the guy and wanted him to be bradys successor.

That would be nice but the 49ers are in the same boat as the Patriots. No viable alternative to their starter unless they tank for a QB. Their backups aren't any better than Hoyer or a green Stidham.

I love Jimmy but at this point I think he is a high end game manager. Not the worst thing in the world and he is in a great situation with one of the best, if not the best, offensive mind in the game in Shanahan. Shanahan can scheme to what Jimmy does well and hide some of his flaws and also has provided him with an all world TE, a couple of very promising versatile young receivers, and a stable of running backs that produce well in his offense. I think Jimmy does take a lot of heat and some of it is deserved and some of it is undeserved but at this point he is paid like a middle of the pack QB which is what he is.

I doubt it. I think we have seen enough to Jimmy to have a hard pass. He is too injury prone/turnover prone and even on a power house team like the niners he still looks average most of the time. That won't work with our offense.

I doubt it. I think we have seen enough to Jimmy to have a hard pass. He is too injury prone/turnover prone and even on a power house team like the niners he still looks average most of the time. That won't work with our offense.
Different offense though.

We saw jimmy for 1 and 1/2 games running the patriots offense and he was Brady-esque running it

Kind of reminscent of the old Japanese proverb: "He who goes to dig grave, dig two." Unfortunately for Cam, he's become the second prime candidate for a sepulcher.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back