PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jimmy G. benched

I’d think SF would still be in a mess with injuries on D & a very tough division... Brady in SF wouldn’t be enough to surpass Seattle IMO.

If (when) Cam leaves for big $ this offseason, NE should explore a JG reunion. SF has an « out » this summer to avoid paying him and he’d likely come cheap. Firstly, other teams might not rate him very highly, secondly there’ll be quite a few QBs on the market that might appeal to competitors.

I’d not want NE to break the bank for JG, but considering what BB & JMcD have done w Cam in such little time...

The running, the OL, Jimmy’s familiarity : it could be a redemption story.
You really want Jimmy back after watching him perform in San Fran and his injuries? Cam is the guy for the Pats but I agree that Bill does not pay him. It will be time to restart next year with the draft to find the guy or perhaps see if another decent FA becomes available.

You really want Jimmy back after watching him perform in San Fran and his injuries? Cam is the guy for the Pats but I agree that Bill does not pay him. It will be time to restart next year with the draft to find the guy or perhaps see if another decent FA becomes available.
On low money, I'd want to see what's what. Yes. Am I fine with passing on Jimmy ? Also yes.

On low money, I'd want to see what's what. Yes. Am I fine with passing on Jimmy ? Also yes.
I think we would have to give a pick too but I guess it depends on how desperate San Fran is to move on at season's end assuming they even want to move on. I will say that the high 2 Bill got looks like a steal. I still remember Lynch grinning from ear to ear on how he pulled off such a great trade. LOL. Always know that Bill knows. :p

I'd take Jimmy back next year if the Pats don't extend Cam. He knows the system, also been to a SB. I bet he'd do well with much better coaching than he has in SF.

I think we would have to give a pick too but I guess it depends on how desperate San Fran is to move on at season's end assuming they even want to move on. I will say that the high 2 Bill got looks like a steal. I still remember Lynch grinning from ear to ear on how he pulled off such a great trade. LOL. Always know that Bill knows. :p
Going on assumption they are cutting him after the season to avoid future cap problems. I think they have "an out" after the season.

I'd take Jimmy back next year if the Pats don't extend Cam. He knows the system, also been to a SB. I bet he'd do well with much better coaching than he has in SF.
You love the guy who has been to 1 Super Bowl (as a starter) and hate the guy who has been to 9. Yeah, that makes sense. :rolleyes:

You love the guy who has been to 1 Super Bowl (as a starter) and hate the guy who has been to 9. Yeah, that makes sense. :rolleyes:
I do?

• Ha Ha
Reactions: sb1
Yes you do. Oh but Jimmy is much younger and much less likely to get injured though, right?
Nope I don’t.

It is weird how insecure Bradyites seem to be about Patriot backup quarterbacks and especially Stidham and Garoppolo. It’s like they have a grudge against them for even being on the same roster as their idol was. Really strange.

I’d think SF would still be in a mess with injuries on D & a very tough division... Brady in SF wouldn’t be enough to surpass Seattle IMO.

If (when) Cam leaves for big $ this offseason, NE should explore a JG reunion. SF has an « out » this summer to avoid paying him and he’d likely come cheap. Firstly, other teams might not rate him very highly, secondly there’ll be quite a few QBs on the market that might appeal to competitors.

I’d not want NE to break the bank for JG, but considering what BB & JMcD have done w Cam in such little time...

The running, the OL, Jimmy’s familiarity : it could be a redemption story.
Yes, I could certainly envision a JG/Pats reunion.

I think CAM does look to cash in (and it will be elsewhere). JG would be the value quarterback for next season that you know BB/JMcD would be able to turn into a serviceable player.

Nope I don’t.

It is weird how insecure Bradyites seem to be about Patriot backup quarterbacks and especially Stidham and Garoppolo. It’s like they have a grudge against them for even being on the same roster as their idol was. Really strange.
No I never noticed that. What I have noticed, however, is a lot of people predicting an injury for Brady. Now after 5 weeks we have 7 QB’s who have missed time for injury.

None are named “Brady.”

Post Script: The *last* thing you need to worry about is anyone here being insecure about Stidham. I mean, seriously, what games have you been watching? Auburn-A&M circa 2018? This is the NFL, son. He’s thrown more TD’s to the opposition than his own team.

Last edited:
No I never noticed that. What I have noticed, however, is a lot of people predicting an injury for Brady. Now after 5 weeks we have 7 QB’s who have missed time for injury.

None are named “Brady.”

Post Script: The *last* thing you need to worry about is anyone here being insecure about Stidham. I mean, seriously, what games have you been watching? Auburn-A&M circa 2018? This is the NFL, son. He’s thrown more TD’s to the opposition than his own team.
One time I jokingly called Stidham JS4 and got a flood of dislikes and angry replies from Brady fans. Insecure is the right word to use.

I don’t think it’s crazy to think a 43 year old who we assume is not taking PEDs might be more prone to injury than younger QBs.

One time I jokingly called Stidham JS4 and got a flood of dislikes and angry replies from Brady fans. Insecure is the right word to use.
My friend, laughter at your expense is not “angry replies”.

My friend, laughter at your expense is not “angry replies”.
Oh no it definitely wasn’t laughter. Obviously triggered. Very strange like I said. Just like these happy posts about Jimmy getting hurt or sucking in a game. No my man Brady couldn’t possibly do that!

Right.

Oh no it definitely wasn’t laughter. Obviously triggered. Very strange like I said. Just like these happy posts about Jimmy getting hurt or sucking in a game. No my man Brady couldn’t possibly do that!

Right.
My ignorant friend, you could make the case that some in here wanted the perennially-injured Garoppolo over Brady, but any suggestion to keep Stidham instead was met with nothing but laughter.

My ignorant friend, you could make the case that some in here wanted the perennially-injured Garoppolo over Brady, but any suggestion to keep Stidham instead was met with nothing but laughter.
No this was after Brady left. Which makes it all the funnier! :rofl::rofl::thumbsup:

There will be no Jimmy G/Pats reunion. That ship sailed. If Cam continues on the path he's on and gets the Pats to the playoffs, he signs an extension.

Jimmy has regressed badly and can't stop throwing woblers.

There will be no Jimmy G/Pats reunion. That ship sailed. If Cam continues on the path he's on and gets the Pats to the playoffs, he signs an extension.

Jimmy has regressed badly and can't stop throwing woblers.
Questions....

What kind of extension do you think Bill would offer the 31 yr old running QB?

Given Cam’s classification of his signing with NE as a “business trip” and his minimal current salary, do you think he will seek to maximize his income going forward or is “best fit” his priority?

Bonus question:

Given his every other game streak, will Tompa throw a pick 6 this weekend?

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back