PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jimmy G. benched

amfootball

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Jimmy got benched yesterday after a horrific day against the vaunted Dolphins. Yet another chapter in the Jimmy saga. Do does Shanny move on from him at seasons end? Does Bill trade for him?

Jimmy got benched yesterday after a horrific day against the vaunted Dolphins. Yet another chapter in the Jimmy saga. Do does Shanny move on from him at seasons end? Does Bill trade for him?
This thread should be renamed. He was pulled from the game not benched. Benched means he lost his job as a starter. That didn’t happen.

I doubt it will since their backups aren’t much better than Hoyer.

Also doubt he’s going anywhere this year with a $26Mish cap hit. That does goes way down after the season.

I’d take him. Wish we kept him somehow.

Last edited:
I doubt that Jimmy G gets benched for the rest of the season. They can't possibly go to CJ Beathard as their starting QB...
Yeah. I don't know how healthy he is either. To get benched against Miami at home is pretty awful. Their back ups are awful which is what makes the benching kind of surprising IMO. Shanny has always seemed to not really like the guy and he looked really frustrated yesterday. I do wonder if they move off of him this off-season. His contract is not terrible to do a trade.

This thread should be renamed. He was pulled from the game not benched. Benched means he lost his job as a starter. That didn’t happen.

Also doubt he’s going anywhere this year with a $26Mish cap hit. That does goes way down after the season.

Pulled and benched is the same thing. He never returned to the game. The announcers said he was benched.

Pulled and benched is the same thing. He never returned to the game. The announcers said he was benched.
Not really. Pulled is just for the game. When I hear a QB is benched that means they lost their job. That didn’t happen, and I doubt it will this year.

who da fuk is jimmy g? you mean jimmy da greek?

that was the point I was 'trying' to make
More recent- Titans game 2018 where the Pats were blown out. Hoyer finished the game. The one where Brady looked ridiculous trying to catch a pass and almost got hurt.

Not really. Pulled is just for the game. When I hear a QB is benched that means they lost their job. That didn’t happen, and I doubt it will this year.
I get what you are saying but it is just semantics. That being said, I am not sure he starts their next game.

I get what you are saying but it is just semantics. That being said, I am not sure he starts their next game.
Only if he’s still injured imo.

I really can’t see him losing his job to their backups for any other reason. They’re paying him the kind of money to start not sit.

Only if he’s still injured imo.

I really can’t see him losing his job to their backups for any other reason. They’re paying him the kind of money to start not sit.
The ankle needs more time but his mechanics are atrocious. He does not set his feet and plays the position like a gunslinger except he has a pop gun for an arm.

i was wondering if thats what had happened, as he’s coming off a major injury and it would make sense to protect him when the game was unreachable. We will see what happens in the following weeks.

Yep. Brady was pulled quite a few times. I wouldn’t call it a “benching” though like OP. Not the same thing.
You’re arguing semantics. I think the vast majority of sports fans consider a player taken out of a game due to poor performance as being benched. However, the vast majority of sports fans would *not* call it “being benched” if a starter got taken out because they have such a big lead or it’s a meaningless game.

Garoppolo was benched.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back