PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jameis Winston accused of sexual assault by Uber driver

The list of famous people who have not assaulted/raped/groped/fondled/cornholed a woman might be shorter.

Feeling of entitlement + over inflated sense of self-importance + celebrity idolatry culture + people are inherently bad = what we're hearing about daily now.

I'm glad all these scumbags are being outed now.

We just need to be very careful that non-scumbags aren't swept up in our fervor to condemn the real ones.

If we blithely allow that to happen, then anyone of us could be next. And the charge could be something like treason or terrorism, or even a charge of drug-dealing that results in all our worldly possessions being confiscated by law enforcement, never to be returned even if formal charges are never filed.

Is there any proof to this? Not saying that he didn't do it (considering his history, he probably did), but this day and age we're living in where one person can accuse another person of anything they want and get media attention out of it is a little ridiculous. I think I'm going to accuse Jessica Alba of groping me back in 2006 next.

Thats what mucks the waters up so much in this arena... there is so much to be gained financially that you have real victims who have been severely mistreated and deserve justice mixed in with people who are just cash hungry and looking for an easy payday

That's why I always wait to pass judgement on these situations.. Interesting to hear some of the posts about Winston from college, I never knew about any of that so that will be some research ill do later tonight

Its crazy how many straight up freak whackjobs there are out there tho.. i mean, hes a famous NFL football player so its not like he's a desperate man that can't get some action from a whole slew of gorgeous women... so why the hell would you grope down an uber driver? There are a lot of sick men out there tho, and just maybe just get off on the power that they perceive themselves to have over others

I just can't imagine treating a woman like that... my friends poked fun at me all the time because of how slow I would move when dating girls... They would joke how I need my notary signed and stamped contract before I would even put an arm around them etc.. ive literally had a girl tell me that she would have done the dirty if all i did was make any move... but i never would unless i was absolutely sure it was ok

Then you hear about these ****ing creeper men that do these things and its just like... holy ****.... there are some seriously deranged scumbags walking amongst us in society

p.s. true story about my friends and my behavior toward women... but it eventually landed me my amazing wife who is way out of my league, so there! :p

Is there any proof to this? Not saying that he didn't do it (considering his history, he probably did), but this day and age we're living in where one person can accuse another person of anything they want and get media attention out of it is a little ridiculous. I think I'm going to accuse Jessica Alba of groping me back in 2006 next.
She groped you TOO Kontra?

I know you guys are joking but this behaviour by others who do this is so sad. Quite frankly people who do this are sexually assaulting survivors by making their lives harder.

I wish Winston or the accuser, whoever really committed the vile act, would be locked in prison for life.

• Agree
Reactions: jah
Thats what mucks the waters up so much in this arena... there is so much to be gained financially that you have real victims who have been severely mistreated and deserve justice mixed in with people who are just cash hungry and looking for an easy payday

That's why I always wait to pass judgement on these situations.. Interesting to hear some of the posts about Winston from college, I never knew about any of that so that will be some research ill do later tonight

Its crazy how many straight up freak whackjobs there are out there tho.. i mean, hes a famous NFL football player so its not like he's a desperate man that can't get some action from a whole slew of gorgeous women... so why the hell would you grope down an uber driver? There are a lot of sick men out there tho, and just maybe just get off on the power that they perceive themselves to have over others

I just can't imagine treating a woman like that... my friends poked fun at me all the time because of how slow I would move when dating girls... They would joke how I need my notary signed and stamped contract before I would even put an arm around them etc.. ive literally had a girl tell me that she would have done the dirty if all i did was make any move... but i never would unless i was absolutely sure

Then you hear about these ****ing creeper men that do these things and its just like... holy ****.... there are some seriously deranged scumbags walking amongst us in society

p.s. true story about my friends and my behavior toward women... but it eventually landed me my amazing wife who is way out of my league, so there! :p

I'm pretty sure I've told this story on here before, but I had a buddy that had a kid out of wedlock with a girl and eventually they quit getting along (while living together). One night, they got into a huge fight and she went into the bathroom and punched herself in the face several times then called the 5-0 and told them he beat her. After him doing a night in lock-up, this idiot had a change of heart, reported it, and got into hot water herself. So yeah, it's a shame that the scumbags ruin it for the real victims. But the victims deserve some blame themselves in this instance. Right up there with the perp. If this happens to you, you need to report it immediately. Otherwise, you're just further encouraging the behavior.

We just need to be very careful that non-scumbags aren't swept up in our fervor to condemn the real ones.

If we blithely allow that to happen, then anyone of us could be next. And the charge could be something like treason or terrorism, or even a charge of drug-dealing that results in all our worldly possessions being confiscated by law enforcement, never to be returned even if formal charges are never filed.

I agree with this 100% when it comes to the court of law. There is no such standard in the court of public opinion, for better or worse.

I believe that where there is smoke, there MIGHT be fire. Where there is so much smoke that it's darker than a closet full of asssholes, there IS fire. Probably an inferno.

I feel secure in my opinion that Weinstein, Spacey, Cosby, and many others are scumbags who could use a beating and castration. If I'm wrong about them? I'm pretty sure none of them care about our opinions.

But as a husband and a father, I am enjoying watching a lot of entitled **** bags being outed.

I'm pretty sure I've told this story on here before, but I had a buddy that had a kid out of wedlock with a girl and eventually they quit getting along (while living together). One night, they got into a huge fight and she went into the bathroom and punched herself in the face several times then called the 5-0 and told them he beat her. After him doing a night in lock-up, this idiot had a change of heart, reported it, and got into hot water herself. So yeah, it's a shame that the scumbags ruin it for the real victims. But the victims deserve some blame themselves in this instance. Right up there with the perp. If this happens to you, you need to report it immediately. Otherwise, you're just further encouraging the behavior.

I had a rich friend who went through a similar story as yours TWICE.. and I know for a fact what happened because they were my roommates and I was there when it happened

They were in a fight, she was drunk and was just flinging insults all over the place to anyone within proximity to her, and then began making threats towards my friend saying she would call the cops and tell them he was hitting her if he didn't do X, Y and Z... i dont remember all of reasons, but i remember one specifically was that he needed to finish making a website for her (he owned a web dev company).. She was a huge gold digger, would get drunk and actively flirt and say raunchy things to his 2 business partners who were also rich (one of them was NOT an attractive man), right infront of him.. telling them how she wants to perform felatio (in much cruder terms), etc... if you had money, she would flirt and try to be your best friend.. if you didnt have money, you were dead to her

Another time was with a different girl who demanded he take her all over the country on vacations etc all the time.. and when they were in Florida and got into a fight, they basically broke up while out there and she told him that he needs to buy her an entire new wardrobe and a BMW as like a "divorce/breakup" package or she would tell the police he beat and raped her (they were actively having sex for like 6+ months)

I've been around and lived vicariously through multiple friends who are very successful people... and I've seen first hand the kind of problems that money brings, because there ARE people who have their eyes on you and want some of your money.. and there ARE people that will stoop to any level to take it from you

Hopefully this #metoo movement will encourage true victims to report any abuse or assault against them to the police immediately... they'll have a much better chance at getting justice, if its actually justice that they want... bringing it up years later as a civil suit, looking to get a huge lottery sized payday just grays the waters IMO

If they want justice, take it to the police immediately... that will increase the chances of getting a sexual predator off of the streets faster... and if they want to add some frosting and a cherry on top of their justice, they still have the option to file a civil suit afterwards..

regardless of how right or wrong it is, whenever accusations like this come up and the agenda/goal is money... i can't help but be somewhat suspicious from the get go, but that doesn't mean I write it off completely, i just need to have all the information before reacting to stories like that

lets start with the premise of "innocent until proven guilty"

that being said......this guy's obvious emotional and mental deficiencies will preclude him from being a good QB

other guys have overcome shortcomings......peyton......big ben......favre

but jameis doesnt have enough good going on to prevail

You know what i change my mind. She's not even looking for money. Just putting it out there and winston looks like a creep. She reported it to Uber as well and i believe she texted her friend during the time it happen. Could they still get that information on her phone?

Obviously if Winston did this which wouldn't surprise me then he is total scum that deserves whatever he gets but i must admit i get uncomfortable with all these allegations happening years later nowadays, nothing can be proved either way and it's so easy for anyone just to lie and get into the news.

Why report it now? Why not when it happened?

I am pretty conservative on almost everything. And I would love it if those who have been abused would report it immediately. However......

A woman who has been molested, assaulted, or raped may keep quiet for reasons we cannot understand. When the perpetrator is rich, famous, powerful? I think any of us can understand why a woman might keep quiet for a time...Or forever! Obviously, a woman SHOULD come forward immediately. But it's a hell of a lot easier to say it when you are not a victim and really can't even empathize with the feeling of being abused in such a manner.

I see this thread has, right on schedule, devolved into a "women are liars who want money" circlejerk.

And Uber driver? Really?

The guy can land any girl he wants

Though it wasn't your intention (this post isn't directed at you specifically, just in general) it's comments like this that contribute to rape culture

"He's a rich football star, shocking he'd assault some lowly Uber driver"

It should be shocking he'd sexually assault anyone.

Anyways, this guy makes me ****ing sick. Especially how the media tries to portray him as "fun, good guy". If Roger is going to abuse his power this is a case where I don't mind, having read everything about the FSU case makes me sick.

And yes, if this was Tom Brady......the national outrage would be insane. Hell, even if it was Brady who made the comments Cam did about women covering football.

I don't believe any of this anymore unless there is proof like the Al Franken photo. And if these women are getting groped, they need to report it right away so that the men they are accusing won't be able to do it anymore. Staying silent means more victims.
That's a lot easier said than done.

Obviously if Winston did this which wouldn't surprise me then he is total scum that deserves whatever he gets but i must admit i get uncomfortable with all these allegations happening years later nowadays, nothing can be proved either way and it's so easy for anyone just to lie and get into the news.

Why report it now? Why not when it happened?

Do you know what happens to women who report they were assaulted by a famous person? They start getting death threats, called a whore and **** on social media, have their workplaces called with threats and accusations, all sorts of things. There are horrible people who can act anonymously online, and a lot of them get really upset when their sports heroes are accused of something by a woman.

It is a horrible experience for them to come forward and they have to really feel strongly that it's worth it. This woman probably reported it now due to feeling empowered by the women who have come out against Louis CK, Harvey Weinstein, etc.

Though it wasn't your intention (this post isn't directed at you specifically, just in general) it's comments like this that contribute to rape culture

"He's a rich football star, shocking he'd assault some lowly Uber driver"

It should be shocking he'd sexually assault anyone.

Anyways, this guy makes me ****ing sick. Especially how the media tries to portray him as "fun, good guy". If Roger is going to abuse his power this is a case where I don't mind, having read everything about the FSU case makes me sick.

And yes, if this was Tom Brady......the national outrage would be insane. Hell, even if it was Brady who made the comments Cam did about women covering football.
Yeah I didn't mean it like that.

My point was as a rich pro athlete he can "hook up" on a moments notice. Paid or unpaid to satisfy his urge.

Why an Uber driver? What the hell is going on in his mind to do that?

He clearly has a serious problem

Well, she reported it to both Uber and five of her friends immediately after it happened and her story is completely consistent amongst all of them.

My daughter worked as a staffer in three offices, in the House and the Senate. Fairly early in her career, she was sexually harassed by a senior staffer. He set up a group tour of a federal building, invited her, and then miraculously she was the only one who showed up.

She said nothing, out of fear for her career (which undoubtedly have ended shortly after if she'd reported it). Years later, now that others are coming out, and she's no longer employed there, she's gathering her courage. She's probably going to speak with a NYT reporter in the coming weeks to add her voice to this great unveiling.

There were many times, she said, where Representatives and Senators said completely inappropriate, sexually loaded things to her, because they could. (She also notes that, in her direct experience, the more outspoken one of these guys is about morality and "family values", the more likely they are to be creeps.)

She is aware of at least 20 elected officials and very senior staffers who have committed clear acts of harassment, and many of assault. They get known by the young female staff and they try to avoid them, but usually couldn't.

If she knows of 20+, how many are there? How many more women have been sitting on this stuff out of shame or fear?

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back