PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT-ish: The gambling thread

As far as the spread goes, more games are being covered by the underdog than the favorite?

It tells me I have left many opportunities on the table. I've also dodged a fair number of bullets. In other words, nothing I didn't already know. ;)

As far as the spread goes, more games are being covered by the underdog than the favorite?

Apparently so. 72 total games (43+29) were either won or covered by the underdogs. Only 63 were covered by the favorites.

I'm surprised that I only have one tie by the spread. It seems like there should be more of those.

I took a shot, too. ML+106. I also took a shot at the under in an adjusted total (50.5).
So, I hit the rare double ticket cash in last night’s game. God bless the kicker who missed that XP.

So, I hit the rare double ticket cash in last night’s game. God bless the kicker who missed that XP.

I liked the Raiders, but thought the Chargers were finding themselves a bit after last week. Winning the way they did, new coordinator etc..and took them. :(

I liked the Raiders, but thought the Chargers were finding themselves a bit after last week. Winning the way they did, new coordinator etc..and took them. :(
That team is one of several that I can never seem to get a good read on. Of course, Oakland is another, so I’ll chalk it up to some rare good luck!

Took the Bs -1.5 tonight don't usually dabble in hockey but this seemed like a good spot. Got UCF -10 1st half. If they cover I'll probably roll that over to the 2nd half

I kept track of the spreads for the first 9 weeks of the season. These are the results.

62 games were won and covered by the favorite.
43 games were won outright by the underdog.
29 games were won by the favorite but not covered.
1 game tied the spread.

Do those numbers tell us anything?

that I’m bad at this and insane for thinking I can win

Cowboys -3 and Bills +2.5 are the best bets of the weekend.

I threw 200 on the LSU ML tomorrow and I’m not even confident. That’s how much of a problem I have.

I just like the +185 considering Tua looks to be less than 100 percent

I threw 200 on the LSU ML tomorrow and I’m not even confident. That’s how much of a problem I have.

I just don't understand hitting a game you don't love

I’m also impulsive and have an addiction. Although I’ve worked really hard this year to manage it and play responsibly and I’ve done a good job of that for the most part

I’m thinking about LSU as well, but I may be more comfortable taking the +6 than the moneyline. Of course, if you win it’s going to be a nice ticket to cash.

Edit: decided to lay off the side and took a chance on the under instead (63.5).

Last edited:
Two if bets tanked but if app state covers I’ll get 150 from the 3rd if bet and had LSU ML to win 370. Let’s goo

Loving the Seahawks +6.5, especially with George Kittle listed as doubtful. Also, Sean McVay is 6-0 traveling three time zones to the East, though it would be nice to see that drop to -3.

Looking for the dogs to howl, $50 ea on
NYG +1
AZ +5.5
Pitt +4.5
Sea +6.5

100 on Browns -3
15 to win 267 on Falcons ML (+525!) and Cards ML (+180)
40 to win 378 on Raiders ML (w), Lions +3, Flacons +13 and Packers ML

Last edited:

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes