PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT-ish: The gambling thread

Hammer that Philly moneyline. I love them in this game. Foles is magical, Saints hammer em earlier this season, Saints have been cold lately. This has an Eagles upset written all over it.

I took Chargers to cover and the under on the Bears v Eagles game

Won both!

I figured out something good to spend my money on.

That was the first thing that occured to me when I saw your thread lol.
I'm still waiting for that explanation regarding why you believe I have a disappointing penis. I'm sorry about your bathhouse expectations but I did warn you I'm straight, I believed you when you said we were just gonna take a steam

Caught a spike to +5 1/2 and because of that kind of weather's tendency to keep things tight took the Colts. Additionally the O/U hasn't budged from 55 even with freezing rain followed by yet more snow forecasted for game time, making what would have been an unthinkable under play on a game I wouldn't have considered a few days ago look pretty sane. Really surprised that number hasn't dropped

For the hell of it here are my picks ...

Chiefs -5 ... I would have picked them at +10 ... but what do i know.
Cowboys +7.5 ... Rams are good but something about those Cowboys
Chargers +4 ... I think Patriots are winning but we do have a history of winning by a few.
Saints -8 .... The Eagles are lucky to be here.

Last edited:
Colts-Chiefs under 57
Cowboys +270
Patriots-Chargers under 48
Eagles-Saints under 52

Bout to lose 200 on this game. Yikes

Bout to lose 200 on this game. Yikes

Et tu Brute? Did you get sucked in by the BS weather forecast as well? I put $250 on the Colts +5.5 and $500 on the under at 55 based on the 2:00 pm forecast of snow/freezing rain/snow for the game.

Et tu Brute? Did you get sucked in by the BS weather forecast as well? I put $250 on the Colts +5.5 and $500 on the under at 55 based on the 2:00 pm forecast of snow/freezing rain/snow for the game.

I mean I loved the colts regardless. Have spread and moneyline and a couple parlays. I can break even if we can get a backdoor cover! Still gotta shot here!

I mean I loved the colts regardless. Have spread and moneyline and a couple parlays. I can break even if we can get a backdoor cover! Still gotta shot here!

I didn't like the game at all (either way) until that bleepin forecast. I'm not proud, backdoor, side door, trap door any cover is fine but I'm doubting it. Right now I'd be happy if they just leave my under bet intact.

Edit: Well at least the Under held up

Last edited:
Well most of my profit from last week is gone. Bad picks

Well most of my profit from last week is gone. Bad picks

Hopefully enough of it is left for tomorrow's plays to salvage your weekend.
I didn't touch the Rams/Boys, just thought it could go either side of the number. The under on the early game gave me a winning day but the forecast being that far off really left me irritated.

I totally get the under based on the forecast. I would’ve made the same bet, and hey—it came in. It pisses me off when they’re that wrong about the forecast, though. Absolutely agree.

What I don’t get is the idea that the weather was going to make a dome team play better in a loud, cold, outdoor environment. Why were people thinking that the weather was going to be an equalizer? I guess it’s because they assumed that KC’s offense would sputter?

I totally get the under based on the forecast. I would’ve made the same bet, and hey—it came in. It pisses me off when they’re that wrong about the forecast, though. Absolutely agree.

What I don’t get is the idea that the weather was going to make a dome team play better in a loud, cold, outdoor environment. Why were people thinking that the weather was going to be an equalizer? I guess it’s because they assumed that KC’s offense would sputter?

Without question. Crap weather usually favors the team with the better D. That and Adamatic was once a pretty good snow kicker, making 5.5 in a low scoring game seem unrealistic.

Logic says the colts should’ve been able to run the ball on them

Hopefully enough of it is left for tomorrow's plays to salvage your weekend.
I didn't touch the Rams/Boys, just thought it could go either side of the number. The under on the early game gave me a winning day but the forecast being that far off really left me irritated.

I won’t be able to get back to even for the week but if I can shave 150 off the red number... that would be Great. I’m think pats and eagles spread

I won’t be able to get back to even for the week but if I can shave 150 off the red number... that would be Great. I’m think pats and eagles spread

I feel much the same about today's games as I did about the Rams game. I can easily justify scenarios that see both sides of the number covering in today's game. The Pats are so weak against the run in their light package their game plan should include forcing the Chargers out of it by making them play from behind. If that works then the Pats would seem good against that number, if it doesn't...

In NOLA Payton is never averse to running up the score and challenging an opponent to keep up. Against Philly that could easily lead to a feast or famine situation.

The result of those thought processes leads me to a couple of games that just don't fit my criteria for games I am willing to go hard at. I am currently pondering a light play on the Pats for the benefit of adding some edge to the rooting but tbh if it weren't for the benefit of sitting on found money I wouldn't even think about it.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back