PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT-ish: The gambling thread

Hit my 3rd 6 team teaser in the last month this past weekend. Almost lost though because I had over 40 in the Green Bay game.

The Carolina loss killed me. I had 510 invested on Sunday. An If win only bet headlines by Carolina -3 and then Ravens spread and then Bucs Spread. risking 110 to potentially win 300

My degenerate self then went and parlayed Panthers Bucs ML with ravens spread for 100

And then my degenerate self Parlayed Panthers Bucs Colts and Texans ML (Texans were a lock because McNair died). I usually don’t send it in like that on parlays but I thought I had a good opportunity to make a score, I was playing a specific angle in the ravens, Bucs, and panthers games. If you have a keen eye you can probably figure it out.

Bottom line is that the Panthers totally screwed me. A cover would’ve been nice. I would have profited about 2K on the day with the teaser. A 3 point win (push)nets me about 1600. Instead I lost 10 bucks. Could be my worst beat ever considering It would probably have been my biggest win in a single Day.

Anyway, I discovered this new thing called Wong teasers, anyone hear of it or try it out? data shows it’s pretty legit

Hit my 3rd 6 team teaser in the last month this past weekend. Almost lost though because I had over 40 in the Green Bay game.

The Carolina loss killed me. I had 510 invested on Sunday. An If win only bet headlines by Carolina -3 and then Ravens spread and then Bucs Spread. risking 110 to potentially win 300

My degenerate self then went and parlayed Panthers Bucs ML with ravens spread for 100

And then my degenerate self Parlayed Panthers Bucs Colts and Texans ML (Texans were a lock because McNair died). I usually don’t send it in like that on parlays but I thought I had a good opportunity to make a score, I was playing a specific angle in the ravens, Bucs, and panthers games. If you have a keen eye you can probably figure it out.

Bottom line is that the Panthers totally screwed me. A cover would’ve been nice. I would have profited about 2K on the day with the teaser. A 3 point win (push)nets me about 1600. Instead I lost 10 bucks. Could be my worst beat ever considering It would probably have been my biggest win in a single Day.

Anyway, I discovered this new thing called Wong teasers, anyone hear of it or try it out? data shows it’s pretty legit

Did you call and get a payment extension on your utility bills for this month after all that? :)

-6 @ home is an actually reasonable spread given how we've been playing and how Minny has looked, overall. I'm not saying I'm excited by it it's just nice to see a home spread that seems just about right.

6 does look right which is why I wouldn't bet it. I think they'll win but be it 31-24 or 28-24 it's too close to call.

4-2 - week 7
2-3 - week 8
3-1 - week 9
3-3 - week 10
3-2 - Week 11
1-4 - Week 12

I will add in more picks later. Last week pretty much used up all the gains I had made since restarting. Hopefully I have a good fine run.

Saints - 7 @ Cowboys - I know 7 is a lot to give in an away game but the Saints have been good on the road and are much better than Dallas. Give me the Saints -7

Bears -4 @ NYG - I hesitated last week cause I didn't know how the Bears would do without their QB. Not that I thought he was all that good anyway. Now with a little proof to go off of I feel better about the Bears. Give me the Bears -4

Vikings @ Pats - U/O 49 - I was tempted to take the 7 here against the Pats but I just can't do it. The Vikings are paper should be very good but they haven't done it consistently. That being said 49 seems low here. Give me the over.

Chargers @ Steelers U/O 51.5 - I like this line for a lot of reasons. The most important being the big play potential at all times for both teams. I could see a big fumble or pick being made for easy points or a short field. Give me the over for 2 good offenses.

Browns @ Texans -6 - I really liked this line at 4.5. I still kind of like it now. Houston is due for a loss but it won't be against the Browns. At least I don't think so. Give me the Texans -6

Bills @ Miami -4 - I wasn't going to touch this line until it dropped from 6.5 to 4. I still think Miami isn't all that good. However this game is getting close to a pick em with a superior home field team. Give me Miami -4

Last edited:
I was hoping late national Dallas money (i.e. idiots) would move tonight's number below 7 before kickoff but it is continuing to actually stay above it, currently 7.5. I like the Saints here, Dallas' scoring D looks better on paper than it does on the field given who they've played, but at 7.5 I can't bring myself to pull the trigger.

I was hoping late national Dallas money (i.e. idiots) would move tonight's number below 7 before kickoff but it is continuing to actually stay above it, currently 7.5. I like the Saints here, Dallas' scoring D looks better on paper than it does on the field given who they've played, but at 7.5 I can't bring myself to pull the trigger.

This is Dallas' SB, imo. I'm staying away from it.

But if you like 6.5 then you could always buy a point.

This is Dallas' SB, imo. I'm staying away from it.

But if you like 6.5 then you could always buy a point.

We all have our quirks when it comes to laying it down. I very seldom buy points and won't at all on a spread at or above 5.

We all have our quirks when it comes to laying it down. I very seldom buy points and won't at all on a spread at or above 5.

I despise 7.5, 6.5 and 3.5 especially so I always buy a half a point there. But like you said, to each their own, I can dig it.

I despise 7.5, 6.5 and 3.5 especially so I always buy a half a point there. But like you said, to each their own, I can dig it.

LMAO, your "3.5 especially" hit my buy button.
3.5 is the primary reason why I said seldom and not never, I too buy there.

Anyone know a good site where you can see how home dogs are doing this year? What with past performances being a guarantee of of the future and everything.

LOL @ME! I radically underrated the Dallas defense apparently.

You weren't alone. I expected N.O. to hang at least 27 points on them. Thankfully the number stayed above 7 so I didn't touch the game.

Early Advance Look Ahead Lines for Week 14:

NFL Week 14 Look-Ahead Lines And Betting Market Moves For Week 13

First number is from the Westgate, second by FanDuel

Jaguars at Titans (-6), (-5½)
Ravens at Chiefs (-9½), (-8½)
Patriots (-10), (-7½) at Dolphins
Saints (-10½), (-9) at Buccaneers
Jets at Bills (-3), (-3)
Panthers at Browns (Cle -1), (Car -1½)
Colts at Texans (-3), (-3)
Giants at Redskins (-3), (-3)
Falcons at Packers (-7½), (-6)
Bengals at Chargers (-15½), (-13)
Broncos (-4½), (-4) at Niners
Steelers (-12½), (-11) at Raiders
Eagles at Cowboys (-3½), (-3)
Rams (-3½), (-3) at Bears
Vikings at Seahawks (-3), (-3)

* Note: the Westgate publishes their advanced lines every Tuesday, which would be two days prior to last night's Saints-Cowboys game. Not sure if these have been updated or if the above reflects updated odds.

LOL @ME! I radically underrated the Dallas defense apparently.

I mean, I could feel pretty smart having said that NO was going to be Dallas' Super Bowl, but it's not like I put any money on it and there's the pesky problem of all the times I've been wrong too.

But I do enjoy a good self-roast, so points to you my man.

Patriots (-10), (-7½) at Dolphins

I guess it could be worse, but I mean it feels like you can sometimes set your clock to our yearly underachievement in Miami at this point.

Whatever, if I can get a line with a one score spread I'll take it, I guess.

I shot my wad halfway through September for the second year in a row, so I haven’t been playing. The itch is there, but I can’t afford to throw any money away at the moment. I’m living vicariously through this thread, and from the looks of things, most of us aren’t exactly pushing away from the table with full bellies on a regular basis.

I do have to hand it to fnord, who has successfully simplified a system that has produced nicely. Thanks to those who have kept the thread moving.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back