PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Interesting Andrew Luck Injury Takes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ice_Ice_Brady

I heard 10,000 whispering and nobody listening
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
So the moron Irsay said this morning that Luck was dealing with a small bone injury (along with, or instead of, his calf.) He then said “I really feel very confident that he’s going to find his way through this thing,” which is not exactly something whose really confident would say and not something you’d say about some normal, minor injury. Florio’s take is here, where he points out this is also what Irsay said before Luck’s lost 2017 season:

Jim Irsay: Andrew Luck has bone injury

This may just be in fact no big deal, but Chao and another notable social media Dr. speculate it could be something much worse called myositis ossificans. Admittedly they are just speculating, but Chao has been right a remarkable percentage of the time.

Anyway, this could be bad news for the Patriots if the Colts aren’t available as a potential January doormat.

Last edited:
I wonder when the organization comes to a crossroads with Luck. A very good, but not great QB who has had a ton of injuries lately. Maybe they think about trading him next year.

Man, that would be a devastating slap in the face to the Colts season if that was the case. They really look like they’re building a strong roster out there.

Man, that would be a devastating slap in the face to the Colts season if that was the case. They really look like they’re building a strong roster out there.

I’m so sad about the Colts losing their QB. It seems they started having the worst luck right after January 2015.

It's heartwarming that it's gone from Suck for Luck to Suck with Luck over the years.

Chao is not his Doctor so don’t read much into it. He’s been wrong before.

The only thing Irsay knows about bones is smoking them.

My first thought was what purpose did it serve for Irsay to disclose this information.
It was interesting reading the PFT comments as the first 20 or so condemned the Colts for not disclosing injury information.
Finally someone posted that the Colts are under no obligation to give injury info until Sept. 2nd.
Then a few posters blamed the outrage all on Patriot trolls.
Pats really live inside Colts fans heads.

Colts are going to tank the 2020 season and draft Trevor aren’t they.

You know, this is an interesting thing to follow as a thought experiment for what we're going to go through in the next 3-5 years. Luck was as sure-fire a QB prospect as you will ever get. He was universally rated as a good NFL QB from the moment he started in college. That's what made the decision for the Colts a little "easier" with regards to Manning. They knew if they played it right, they were getting the next guy and could keep it rolling.

And though Luck HAS been a very good QB, his injury history (partially him, partially on the Colts' inability to develop an OL) and his inability to step up in the postseason should serve as a reminder that there are no sure things in the NFL. I ideally would like to have Brady's replacement ready to go the minute he retires, but if it comes down to squeezing another year or two out of Brady or moving on for "the next great QB", I think I'm sticking with Brady. Because you just never know...

The Colts fell ass-backwards into the perfect Peyton Manning replacement, and then destroyed him by cheaping out on the OL during his prime years. Beautiful.

I can't even muster any hate for Luck personally, he seems like a good guy with some real talent who got pounded into splinters playing for a dumb organization.

Personally I always thought he was a goober but it might be my northern prejudice.

Personally I always thought he was a goober but it might be my northern prejudice.

Oh he's EXTREMELY a goober. But the league is full of incredible a-holes at QB so that hardly even registers with me.

You know, this is an interesting thing to follow as a thought experiment for what we're going to go through in the next 3-5 years. Luck was as sure-fire a QB prospect as you will ever get. He was universally rated as a good NFL QB from the moment he started in college. That's what made the decision for the Colts a little "easier" with regards to Manning. They knew if they played it right, they were getting the next guy and could keep it rolling.

And though Luck HAS been a very good QB, his injury history (partially him, partially on the Colts' inability to develop an OL) and his inability to step up in the postseason should serve as a reminder that there are no sure things in the NFL. I ideally would like to have Brady's replacement ready to go the minute he retires, but if it comes down to squeezing another year or two out of Brady or moving on for "the next great QB", I think I'm sticking with Brady. Because you just never know...

Don’t tell Colts fans this, they still think Luck is a top 3 QB and better than Brady

I can explain very easily. Indy is too close to ohio

Having a small bone seems to be a problem with most Indy Colts ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down