PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Gutlessness

Status
Not open for further replies.
If your going to display who you support you've got to expect things like this. People will comment because it's such a passionate subject, most of it is harmless.

Wait until you've been spat at and abused for wearing rival colours, then you'll have good reason to be p!ssed.

I have spent many years living in each of three different "big sports towns," Boston, New York and Philadelphia.

Fans everywhere run the gamut from "Classy, Knowledgeable and Intelligent" to "Cretinous, ignorant and stupid."

In my experience, most fan bases seem to have about the same profile along that spectrum. After living in NYC for over 20 years, I have to say that the Giants are better than most fan bases on the whole, while Jets and Mets fans tend to tilt towards the "Cretinous, ignorant and stupid" end of the spectrum.

But I'm afraid I've met or observed Pats fans who are just as embarrassing to their team as that moron was to his.

I just hope your child wasn't bothered by the experience.

I was at the Giants game in Foxboro this year. LOTS of Giants fans. Every one I saw before, during and after the game was simply having fun, not being obnoxious or disrespectful or taunting or anything. Maybe it was just a good representation. Leaving the game, there were a few very drunk Pats fans harassing some (quiet) Giants fans on the way out. We're talking just a couple of thugs in a crowd of thousands, so it wasn't representative. But it proves your point.

hahaha c'mon man, wearing pats gear after that game would elicit some sort of outburst from a lot of people, not to mention your standard obnoxious Giants fan.

One possible way of responding:

jerk_pic_1.jpg

Just smile and say congatulations, trust me they won't know how to deal with that kind of response.

Greetings,
I see your location is Tampa, so I will make the assumption that is was maybe a Bucks fan. To me there is nothing worse than someone who trash talks a fan whose team lost, and they do not even root for the team who won. I mean when they do it in a manner as if their favorite team won.

Celticboy04

I was on base, so it could have been anyone.

I stopped for gas yesterday and as I was pumping it, I noticed a guy on the other side of the island looking at my Patriots license plate holder and smirking. I knew something was coming, I just didn't know what. Finally, he asked me, "How'd you like the game yesterday?" I replied, "Wasn't that great? I really thought the Giants were going to pull it out again. Thank God the Pats hung on for the win." Yahoo: "What are you talking about? The Giants won!" Me: "Like hell they did. They held on and won 17-15." Now, Yahoo's getting pissed: "FU, the Giants stuck it up their *** again." Me, calmly: "You must have fallen asleep and dreamt that." Yahoo, now screaming with spittle coming off of his lips: "You're a lying sack of ****! The Giants beat their sorry *****!" Me, calmly starting my car and pulling away: "If you say so, sport. It must be nice to live in the enchanted kingdom." Yahoo, while giving me the Hawaiian Peace Sign: "FU *********!" It was amazing how much better I felt after that.

I like that, good stuff.

Being a Patriots fan you learn to grow thick skin. Face it: The NFL Front office hates our team, 31 other teams hate our team, 1500 something odd NFL players hate our team, and the fans of all those other teams and players hate our team.

I still haven't, being thick skinned just isn't in my nature I guess.

Sounds like a teachable moment for you and your son.

See Brady quote in signature.

Excellent quote and a good point, thank you.

I have spent many years living in each of three different "big sports towns," Boston, New York and Philadelphia.

Fans everywhere run the gamut from "Classy, Knowledgeable and Intelligent" to "Cretinous, ignorant and stupid."

In my experience, most fan bases seem to have about the same profile along that spectrum. After living in NYC for over 20 years, I have to say that the Giants are better than most fan bases on the whole, while Jets and Mets fans tend to tilt towards the "Cretinous, ignorant and stupid" end of the spectrum.

But I'm afraid I've met or observed Pats fans who are just as embarrassing to their team as that moron was to his.

I just hope your child wasn't bothered by the experience.

Yeah, we all have. It just annoys me how much "treat others how you would like to be treated" doesn't happen in this world.

If your going to display who you support you've got to expect things like this. People will comment because it's such a passionate subject, most of it is harmless.

Wait until you've been spat at and abused for wearing rival colours, then you'll have good reason to be p!ssed.

I have been, December 98 I was at the Pats/Jets game (Jets blowout, the only Pats TD was Sedrick Shaw boy those were the days) in NJ with my 8 year old brother and 7 year old sister. That whole place was horrible and is pretty much the reason I feel such an intense hatred for the Jets. Spitting on and screaming "F*** YOU!" in the face of children is just terrible.

Just smile and say congatulations, trust me they won't know how to deal with that kind of response.

I GLADY would have had he said it to my face instead of while driving away. That's what annoys me so much about it. Sack the hell up and don't wait until you're driving away.

[]Uh OH, i think somebody must drive a truck. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Greetings,
I see your location is Tampa, so I will make the assumption that is was maybe a Bucks fan. To me there is nothing worse than someone who trash talks a fan whose team lost, and they do not even root for the team who won. I mean when they do it in a manner as if their favorite team won.

Celticboy04

This frustrates me also.

People ring me up after the game as well as post on my (facebook) wall with lots of trash - some Chargers fans, some Denver (Tebow) fans, some not even fans of the game!

My philosophy in losing is that I will first congratulate the other set of fans. Should they choose to talk trash, so be it, I have no grounds to stand on as we lost directly to your team. But if you are just talking trash for the sake of talking and don't support the winning team - you are just a hater. In the purest form - you are laughing, willing (and mocking) the unhappiness of another. And for that, I will retaliate.

-NB

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye