PatsFans.com - Mobile
PatsFans.com
Search

OT: Gruden in trouble (UPDATE: now resigning)

2021 Patriots Season:
Upcoming Opponent:
Next Up: at Bills
Pick Results: NE: 83% at BUF: 17%

Mon
Dec 6th

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Le Numéro Douze

In the Starting Line-Up
Are you really saying poverty justifies murder? At what point are individuals responsible for their own actions?
Of course there is racism against white people. Because there is an has been a larger white population creating a larger pool of whites to be racist than blacks , doesn’t mean it only flows one way.
Id rather me on the being called names side of it than the being murdered side.
But ultimately people are individuals and assigning attributes, mentalities, beliefs, etc to everyone in a group that looks alike is the most racist of all approaches.

No, I am not saying poverty justifies murder. I am saying that poverty leads to more criminality because people get desperate. I am saying that places in the world where the social safety net is better and where there are less social inequalities also have less violent crimes. I am not justifying ANY action, I am contextualizing a phenomenon.

People ARE responsible for their own action. However, every action has a context and that context needs to be understood... especially when looking at social issues. You cannot bring back a larger phenomenon to the personal choices of each individual. There are factors that influence these choices and those factors CANNOT be ignored. Once again, I'll say it, the context DOES NOT justify the behavior... but it helps understand SOME of it.

I DO agree that there is racism against White people. There is NO systemic racism against us though. These are two VERY different thing. Of course, you can have people having racist behaviors against Whites. Also SYSTEMIC and SYSTEMATIC are two different things. I do not think systemic racism is all that conscious. Systematic racism would be a conscious desire to keep other races down. Systemic racism means that there are some patterns in society that lead to racial inequalities. White do NOT face systemic racism even though there are people who are racists against White.

Individuals are a part of society and society has its own dynamics. Bringing everything back to the individual is substracting context and it does not work like that. Heck, the whole vaccination debate revolves around that misunderstanding.

Froob

Independent Investigator & pliable af
PatsFans.com Supporter
2021 Weekly NFL Picks Winner
So quietly being racist is good but Jon Gruden is a horrible person for making one comment in a private email 10 years ago?

And for the record Biden isnt racist, he’s just for sale. He will take any side for it against anything if it helps his cause.
His jungle comments weren’t because he hates blackjack people (well maybe just corn pop ) but because it helped his image with his constituents.
Just as he is no doubt anti-abortion as a Catholic, he has had to hide that to advance politically.
I definitely wouldn't die on that hill lol.

Nunchucks

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
So racisms is ok then. Got it.
If that is what you got from what I typed, I feel you should take some time learning critical thinking skills.

You keep on being an online bully though, you have a special ability for making others feel inadequate. Maybe you should get yourself a treat for a job well done.

Nunchucks

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
So quietly being racist is good but Jon Gruden is a horrible person for making one comment in a private email 10 years ago?

And for the record Biden isnt racist, he’s just for sale. He will take any side for it against anything if it helps his cause.
His jungle comments weren’t because he hates blackjack people (well maybe just corn pop ) but because it helped his image with his constituents.
Just as he is no doubt anti-abortion as a Catholic, he has had to hide that to advance politically.
This is the only reply you get from me. Your hyperbole is staggering.

Please note that I really found sharing pics of half naked cheerleaders without permission as the real problem.

Maybe you think that is cool, but I do not.

Nunchucks

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
No, I am not saying poverty justifies murder. I am saying that poverty leads to more criminality because people get desperate. I am saying that places in the world where the social safety net is better and where there are less social inequalities also have less violent crimes. I am not justifying ANY action, I am contextualizing a phenomenon.

People ARE responsible for their own action. However, every action has a context and that context needs to be understood... especially when looking at social issues. You cannot bring back a larger phenomenon to the personal choices of each individual. There are factors that influence these choices and those factors CANNOT be ignored. Once again, I'll say it, the context DOES NOT justify the behavior... but it helps understand SOME of it.

I DO agree that there is racism against White people. There is NO systemic racism against us though. These are two VERY different thing. Of course, you can have people having racist behaviors against Whites. Also SYSTEMIC and SYSTEMATIC are two different things. I do not think systemic racism is all that conscious. Systematic racism would be a conscious desire to keep other races down. Systemic racism means that there are some patterns in society that lead to racial inequalities. White do NOT face systemic racism even though there are people who are racists against White.

Individuals are a part of society and society has its own dynamics. Bringing everything back to the individual is substracting context and it does not work like that. Heck, the whole vaccination debate revolves around that misunderstanding.
Do not enter the rabbit hole of arguing with andyjohnson.

Bruins29

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
If that is what you got from what I typed, I feel you should take some time learning critical thinking skills.

You keep on being an online bully though, you have a special ability for making others feel inadequate. Maybe you should get yourself a treat for a job well done.
You only feel inadequate because you are inadequate.

Bill Lee

What, me worry?
PatsFans.com Supporter
Sad that this thread has become a dumping ground for everyone's grievances against various third parties. Reid. Biden. Anyone else we can use to deflect attention away from Gruden and the WFT? Helps if they are on the left politically, it energizes the right wing wankers. Funny how that puts them in the position of defending Gruden and Snyder. Great bed fellows for them.

venecol

The FRG has a little ****
PatsFans.com Supporter
Is it unusual for a reporter to have the source confirm the accuracy of a story before it goes to print?

Not sure what it wrong but i'm not a journalist so..
There's a big difference between asking a source to confirm certain facts and giving them the pre-published material for them to edit (Mr. Editor).

Either Schefter is extremely lazy or he's willing to publish whatever others want to write. I'm not a journalist either, but to me this isn't a good look. Maybe some journalist can comment.

Dingleberry

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
NFL Picks Grand Champ!
2020 Weekly NFL Picks Winner
Curious have you never made any off color joke, never made a gay joke, like called someone a homo, etc, or never sent an email with a top less woman in it?
Im not saying I know whether you have or not I’m just generally curious that someone who grew up in the country in the age group I assume you are never did.
I love you, man.

No homo!

venecol

The FRG has a little ****
PatsFans.com Supporter
This thread is a mess. Gruden did what he did. He's gone now.

The bigger picture are these 650k emails and what's in them. It's pretty obvious that selectively leaking some of them to serve certain parties agenda shouldn't be acceptable. The NFL should be pressured to release them at the very least to see how toxic the WFT was as an organization.

Posts about race relations, politics, etc. have no business in this thread. We're not solving societal problems in this thread.

Ring 6

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
This is the only reply you get from me. Your hyperbole is staggering.

Please note that I really found sharing pics of half naked cheerleaders without permission as the real problem.

Maybe you think that is cool, but I do not.
Omg a man emailed pictures of topless women, that’s never happened before.

Status
Not open for further replies.