PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Goodell to fine Jerry Jones millions for blocking his new contract

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article 46 is the CBA for the players only. Owners are bound by the NFL constitution...

Do you have a source for this? Article 46 has been in the constitution and by laws since 1969 and gets worked into the cba, as part of what the lawyers and goodell want for punishment reasons.

I am asking you or anyone to post where it says it is only to be used when dealing with players. Maybe that is true, but i have not seen that.

Hint: goodell just used “article 46” in asking jerry richardson to go ahead and sell the panthers, with a wink-wink.

Where is your source about article 46 only applying to decisions towards players?

Collective Bargaining Agreement - Source of Article 46
https://nfllabor.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/collective-bargaining-agreement-2011-2020.pdf

NFL Constitution and ByLaws
http://www.nfl.com/static/content/public/static/html/careers/pdf/co_.pdf

There is your source. So stop saying Article 46 gives him power over the owners. It doesn't. His power is invested by the Constitution/By Laws.

https://nfllabor.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/collective-bargaining-agreement-2011-2020.pdf

There is your source. So stop saying Article 46 gives him power over the owners. It doesn't. His power is invested by the Constitution/By Laws.

Yeah this is obvious to anyone who knows anything about football and followed the whole Deflategate saga. The only people who think Article 46 could be used on another owner are people like Mazz and Felger.

cutting and pasting this isn’t going to cut it. where is the line that says “article 46 and its use is only applicable to players”..?

article 46 is in the constitution and bylaws and is brought into the cba so goodell can quiet any player issues.

it has nothing to do with the idea that he can’t use it against owners or coaches.

again, i am waiting for the statement that supports your premise.

Do you have a source for this? Article 46 has been in the constitution and by laws since 1969 and gets worked into the cba, as part of what the lawyers and goodell want for punishment reasons.

I am asking you or anyone to post where it says it is only to be used when dealing with players. Maybe that is true, but i have not seen that.
Here are links to NFL Constituion and bylaws and specific passage where it cites how it applies to owners and the CBA and how it is an agreement between management and the players.....

-------------------------------------------------

NFL Constitution

http://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/static/html/careers/pdf/co_.pdf

Article II

Purposes and Objects

The purpose and objects for which the League is organized are:

(A) To promote and foster the primary business of League members, each member being an owner of a professional football club located in the United States

--------------------------------------------------------

CBA

xiv

PREAMBLE

This Agreement, which is the product of bona fide, arm’s length collective bargaining, is made and entered into as of the 4th day of August, 2011 in accordance with the provisions of the National Labor Relations Act, as amended, by and between the National Football League Management Council (“Management Council” or “NFLMC”), which is recognized as the sole and exclusive bargaining representative of present and future employer member Clubs of the National Football League (“NFL” or “League”),
and the National Football League Players Association (“NFLPA”), which is recognized as the sole and exclusive bargaining representative of present and future employee players in the NFL in a bargaining unit described as follows…

Here are links to NFL Constituion and bylaws and specific passage where it cites how it applies to owners and the CBA and how it is an agreement between management and the players.....

-------------------------------------------------

NFL Constitution

http://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/static/html/careers/pdf/co_.pdf

Article II

Purposes and Objects

The purpose and objects for which the League is organized are:

(A) To promote and foster the primary business of League members, each member being an owner of a professional football club located in the United States

--------------------------------------------------------

CBA

xiv

PREAMBLE

This Agreement, which is the product of bona fide, arm’s length collective bargaining, is made and entered into as of the 4th day of August, 2011 in accordance with the provisions of the National Labor Relations Act, as amended, by and between the National Football League Management Council (“Management Council” or “NFLMC”), which is recognized as the sole and exclusive bargaining representative of present and future employer member Clubs of the National Football League (“NFL” or “League”),
and the National Football League Players Association (“NFLPA”), which is recognized as the sole and exclusive bargaining representative of present and future employee players in the NFL in a bargaining unit described as follows…

not seeing it..you seem to be a
master of cutting and pasting and not isolating the key statement which is supposed to support your premise. if it is so well known and easy to understand, where is it?

i asking you to share your knowledge on the subject

cutting and pasting this isn’t going to cut it. where is the line that says “article 46 and its use is only applicable to players”..?

article 46 is in the constitution and bylaws and is brought into the cba so goodell can quiet any player issues.

it has nothing to do with the idea that he can’t use it against owners or coaches.

I didn't cut & paste anything. I provided you with links to both documents.

Its on you to actually follow the links and read the documents. Or you can ignore said links, not educate yourself and continue to be deliberately obtuse habitually repeating "wheres your source" all the while its staring you in the face.

At this point, both of these documents have been presented to you, in their entirety - Its up to you to educate yourself. Which you should avail yourself of the opportunity to do so, because honestly, you are acting like a petulant child who is unwilling to admit that 2 + 2 does indeed equal 4.

master of cutting and pasting and not isolating the key statement which is supposed to support your premise. if it is so well known and easy to understand, where is it?

I bolded it for you... The NFL Constitution applies to owners... and the part of the CBA lists how it is an agreement between the Management Council and NFLPA. I think you need to take a step back and ask yourself why everyone else seems to understand the difference between the two agreements and to whom they apply.....

That is kind of the definition of a Collective Bargaining Agreement between management (owners) and labor (players).

The definition of the term "CBA" is what supports his premise. You obviously don't know what the term means.

He has. You just simply refuse to acknowledge it.

That is kind of the definition of a Collective Bargaining Agreement between management (owners) and labor (players).

The definition of the term "CBA" is what supports his premise. You obviously don't know what the term means.

umm, again, not cutting it....nowhere in the constitution and bylaws does it say the commissioner has no ability to use article 46 with regards to owners..hell, he used it in regards to kraft twice..once for spygate and for
deflategate.

it is in regards to every human involved in the nfl.

hence, why jones is being forced to pay 2 million dollars in legal fees so the others owners don’t have to

get it yet?

he’s bastardized what it is supposed to be for, which is for serious emergencies like if brady murdered someone on live tv or if kraft was caught gambling on games with pete rose on vacation in the caribbean

it is why he keeps saying “integrity” over and over

Last edited:
umm, again, not cutting it....nowhere in the constitution and bylaws does it say the commissioner has no ability to use article 46 with regards to owners..
That's because only someone with no clue whatsoever regarding how contract law works would think that terms contained within a CBA between owners and labor would also automatically apply to the contract for owners amongst themselves.

You guys really need to learn that when Goodell does something it means one of two things.

1. The plurality of owners told him to do it.
2. The plurality of owners are 100% onboard with it.

He's doing his job. He's the owners hitman. Yes he's a clown. He's not the main villain here. It's spiteful owners. Always has been, always will be. When you direct your anger at him, all the owners are just getting a pass.

He's just an easy scapegoat. Which is the whole reason he's there

That's because only someone with no clue whatsoever regarding how contract law works would think that terms contained within a CBA between owners and labor would also automatically apply to the contract for owners amongst themselves.

the cba changes every time it is negotiated every 10 years or so, but the constitution does not.

it is correct.... i am not a lawyer, hence why i am asking you and whoever else to cite what you’re saying. every post that goes by as you double down like goodell, it becomes more suspicious.

i don’t want “article 2” explaining the structure of the owner/player infrastructure relationship...i want you or whoever to share where it says owners are not subject to the use of it towards the league, including owners

You guys really need to learn that when Goodell does something it means one of two things.

1. The plurality of owners told him to do it.
2. The plurality of owners are 100% onboard with it.

He's doing his job. He's the owners hitman. Yes he's a clown. He's not the main villain here. It's spiteful owners. Always has been, always will be. When you direct your anger at him, all the owners are just getting a pass.

He's just an easy scapegoat. Which is the whole reason he's there

see, this may be correct, but he knowingly goes along with it. it is a principle thing...it is the stanley milgrim experiment of 1961

he knows he is in a position of power and he loves 40 mil per year

it is why he lied about ray rice’s
confession because of his guest membership with bisciotti’s augusta national membership and how badly the rice/flacco cap hits (upwards of 25 million) in 2015 would weaken the ravens ability to challenge the pats

don’t make him to be innocent

he also stole money from
zeke elliott this year to appease mara and deflect from the josh brown thingy

the cba changes every time it is negotiated every 10 years or so, but the constitution does not.

it is is correct i am not a lawyer, hence why i am asking you and whoever else to cite what you’re saying. every post that goes by as you double down like goodell, it becomes more suspicious.
"CBA" is very fundamental, basic terminology. Your grammar-school level understanding of contract law isn't something that can be solved by mere citation.

this isnt worth the effort it takes to type a reply. so, at this point i use the ignore feature for chris stevenson.

edit - wow - ignore, refresh and his posts disappear completely.

"CBA" is very fundamental, basic terminology. Your grammar-school level understanding of contract law isn't something that can be solved by mere citation.

the cba is how the owners choose to structure their relationship with the players. it is their directive out of the constitution and bylaws.

this is the exact same argument bb used to subtly jab goodell in the armen ketyeian cbs interview where he was saying that goodell applied something that was not a rule
change voted on by 25/32 teams. bb was wrong, but it was nothing more than conduct unbecoming which has happened a gazillin times in nfl history. it was just never aired in public before, until goodell came along.

hint: the owners/coaches fall under the same umbrella since they are not in the union. note how pre goodell, rarely , if ever, was a gm
or coach ever fined or suspended. this is because goodell was ordered to use “article 46” to go after bb. that is why spygate was executed in the first place and why the jets were
never punished or why woody johnson gets slaps on the wrist. goodell uses article 46 against other teams’ owners gms, owners or coaches but in very weak fashion, save for the mysterious chiefs and browns punishments which come across as vindictive, for likely some other reason or reasons.

this is why he claimed article 46 is a wide open
and loose thing for him in federal court.

i am asking you to educate me since you are a “contract lawyer”

please cite where it says article 46 does not apply to owners/gms/coaches

very simple...cut and paste where it says that

Last edited:

Based on that tweet....lmfao.
As much as I hate Goodell, Jones and the entire stinkin’ NFL cesspool....Gotta admit...sometimes I love the entire stinkin’ NFL cesspool.
Popcorn, anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back