PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Fields looked really good in preseason debut

The Chiefs had always been regular season champs. They had not won a Super Bowl in almost 50 years. They had 1 post season win in 25 years. That is not great to me. The Bengals won lots of regular season games too.

Mahomes has taken KC to 3 consecutive AFC Championships and 2 Super Bowls in 3 years. That is great.

Isn't that what I said? They were good and he made them great, when I thought the original discussion was about players coming into bad organizations and single handedly turning them around.

Isn't that what I said? They were good and he made them great, when I thought the original discussion was about players coming into bad organizations and single handedly turning them around.
Somebody has to be good.

There must be a division Champ.

Somebody has to be good.

There must be a division Champ.

Am I interpreting this correctly? Are you implying that the only reason the Chiefs were even GOOD before Mahomes is because their division sucked?

How many years in a row did the Pats go with Brady as QB and not win SBs?

When did the SB become the only way to "win" in comparison to a losing team?

Tom Brady has been a starting QB in the league for just about 20 years. He's never had a losing season. He's never had a non-winning season, and he's taken two teams that were coming off of losing seasons prior to his insertion in their starting lineups, and won the SB with them. And, before anyone says "but the coach!", let me remind people that Bill Belichick has coached 3 seasons as the Patriots head coach without Tom Brady as his starter. And, in those 3 seasons, he's had losing seasons twice.

When did the SB become the only way to "win" in comparison to a losing team?

Tom Brady has been a starting QB in the league for just about 20 years. He's never had a losing season. He's never had a non-winning season, and he's taken two teams that were coming off of losing seasons prior to his insertion in their starting lineups, and won the SB with them. And, before anyone says "but the coach!", let me remind people that Bill Belichick has coached 3 seasons as the Patriots head coach without Tom Brady as his starter. And, in those 3 seasons, he's had losing seasons twice.
For the record, he coached 1 season with the Patriots prior to starting Brady where he took his lumps and rebuilt the team. But let's not let facts get in the way of a good screed.

For the record, he coached 1 season with the Patriots prior to starting Brady where he took his lumps and rebuilt the team. But let's not let facts get in the way of a good screed.
For the record, he's had 3 seasons in NE without Brady as his starter, and had losing seasons in 2 of them, as I previously noted.

Those ARE the facts.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back