PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Falcons Revenge Tour

Good article, but I get a vibe that Atlanta players are haunted by that loss. Their base camp might be below sea level if that's their mindset.

Regards,
Chris

Good article, but I get a vibe that Atlanta players are haunted by that loss. Their base camp might be below sea level if that's their mindset.

Regards,
Chris
The Falcons are Atlantis. Bank it.

That team is a bad start away from coming apart at the seams

It's slightly different. OTG's signature move is MidWord Capitalization.
True, but sTill lOoks like Plagiarism to me

To fans outside of New England, they will read that and say, "Yeah? So?"

As Patriots fans, we know the importance of that statement because Belichick never tells his team that they've accomplished anything.

"We haven't accomplished anything yet. We have zero wins right now."

"We're just trying to have a good practice."

"We're trying to win this week's game."

"We're trying to win the division"

"We're just trying to secure a playoff spot."

In Belichick's world, players and coaches are only as good as their effort today in preparation for tomorrow.
Any avid golfer knows you have to take one shot at a time and you can't think about your score while playing

The Falcons are Atlantis. Bank it.

That team is a bad start away from coming apart at the seams

Atlanta...Atlantis...below sea level...very well done.

With the young and fast D having another year under Quinn, adding Poe and getting injured Trufant and Clayborn back, I think the D keeps them in games, so coming apart at the seams might be a bit much. Still could be facing a lot of close losses, though.

Regards,
Chris

Comes down to Matt Ryan in my books. Ryan was undone by the Bledsoe mentality. Things going bad, have to personally right the ship, and he became the point of failure as a result. He tried to put the game on his own back and his back wasn't broad enough. If he tries to take over the game again he'll fail again.

Another thing Ryan did that reminded me of Bledsoe. he tried to swing for the home run at least twice when the RBI single would have sealed the game. If he'd ripped a couple pages from Brady's playbook there's at least 2 times and probably more that he could have put the game entirely out of reach. It takes a lot of patience to settle for short gainers with a big deficit or a big closing opportunity, and it's the fact that Brady can do it so easily that makes him the GOAT. Not every QB can do that, and Brady's literally the only one in history who can do it consistently when the chips are down.

That said, Ryan needs to get far better at this, both closing out with discipline, and responding to big moments without going all-or-nothing, if he wants a real chance at a ring in his career.

idk, it all sounds like the bluster and false bravado of someone trying to convince themselves they're big and bad.

that team just screams weak to me. I think they are 1 mis-step or bad loss from falling apart like a house of cards.

They are in the NFC South which means they are likely to go 7-9 and it is Tampa's turn to win the division with N'Orleans on deck for 2018.

Pretty sure that BB would toss out of the locker-room anybody who said that the Pats weren't starting "at the bottom like everybody else" and "trying to climb the big mountain" at the beginning of the season.

idk, it all sounds like the bluster and false bravado of someone trying to convince themselves they're big and bad.

that team just screams weak to me. I think they are 1 mis-step or bad loss from falling apart like a house of cards.
I agree it's like what Edelman said one time when he was miced up, if you have to stand there flapping your yapper about how good or how strong or how tough you are, you're not.

Or how I think Margaret Thatcher put it once being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell the world you are, you aren't

I'm not sure why they need revenge, they got to be a part of the greatest comeback in NFL history.
Feels like more of a Redemption tour to me

F the Falcons. They got beat. They missed their chance because they were facing a better organization. They are mentally broken and bitter. We will see what kind of coach Quinn is, and if they can overcome diversity. Last season means squat

Now besides us, the KC Royals in 2015, that was a revenge tour. They had played like hell in the 2014 playoffs and got outpitched in game 7 of the world Series by the best postseason pitcher of our generation. They had some unfinished business. They didn't spend a lot of time yapping about it. They just got in gear, did what they had to do, and got to the top of the mountain the next year.

These guys need to convince us that they're the same way about it.

Revenge Tour?
Exactly, on whom are the Falcons going to get Revenge but themselves?

Devonta Freeman for not blocking Hightower on the Strip Sack (can't blame a blindsided Ryan for that one)?
Matty Ice for holding onto the ball and getting sacked when they were in range of a FG to close out the game?
The O-line for letting Trey Flowers bulldoze his way into the backfield for that sack?
Jake Matthews for panicking one play later and tackling Chris Long to keep him too from getting to Ryan?
Kyle Shanahan for his play calling on that drive?

Revenge Tour, indeed!

I agree it's like what Edelman said one time when he was miced up, if you have to stand there flapping your yapper about how good or how strong or how tough you are, you're not.

Or how I think Margaret Thatcher put it once being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell the world you are, you aren't

Love Jules but kind of falls apart upon inspection.

Attachments

• ali.jpg
    ali.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 2
Ill be interested to see how they do this year. Ill have huge respect for that team if they can rebound from that and even make the nfcc

Latest thing now is Campbell talking about how he doesn't think White was in . . . yeah, seems like they're over it to me.:rolleyes:

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back