PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Falcons Revenge Tour

ViperGTS

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
You Can't Stop the Atlanta Falcons

"But here's what actually happened next. Rather than let the sickness linger, in the spring, Atlanta head coach Dan Quinn told all players in his first teamwide address that they weren't reclimbing Mount Everest from the bottom. No, they were already at "base camp." Established. At that exact point, the Falcons realized they do, in fact, have what it takes to return, with a vengeance, to the Super Bowl.

Forget torment. This could be a revenge tour."​

It's amazing. The bolded part is exactly when this team will be lucky to go 9-7, 10-6. Everyone is at the bottom of the mountain, not base camp. Even the Pats. No wonder BB is so good at his job. He would never tell his team that.

To fans outside of New England, they will read that and say, "Yeah? So?"

As Patriots fans, we know the importance of that statement because Belichick never tells his team that they've accomplished anything.

"We haven't accomplished anything yet. We have zero wins right now."

"We're just trying to have a good practice."

"We're trying to win this week's game."

"We're trying to win the division"

"We're just trying to secure a playoff spot."

In Belichick's world, players and coaches are only as good as their effort today in preparation for tomorrow.

3CE2EC1A00000578-4194970-Other_funny_quips_drew_similarity_to_Hillary_Clinton_losing_the_-a-135_1486380354240.jpg

I actually would love to see them win the NFC again (and the SB if they aren't playing the Patriots) just because I think it would be a great story of resilience and mental toughness. However, I don't think they will come back from that defeat. To squander a 28-3 lead in the late third quarter of the Super Bowl is one deep, long scar.

I predict they will be very fired up and will play great football for the first half of the season, but their overexertion will cost them later on, and when self-doubt creeps in during crunch time, they will falter. They will be playing against two opponents when the pressure is on: their opponent and themselves. That's a tall task.

Base Camp for the Atlanta Falcons is playing in arguably the toughest division in the NFL. There are no slouches among the Falcons, Saints, Panthers and Buccaneers. All four have above average quarterbacks. Three out of four have gone to a Super Bowl in the last seven years (Saints, Panthers, Falcons) and those same teams have all won a playoff game since 2013.

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers are the only team without a recent playoff win but is the team that has most improved over the past two years. My pick for the first Patriots loss in 2017 is Tampa Bay on the road on 10-5-2017 on a Thursday night coming off a Sunday night game against the Panthers just four days prior. The Buccaneers have to have the Patriots circled on their calendars.

Outside the division, Atlanta plays a first place schedule this year - Atlanta Falcons | Schedule . They get playoff teams including the Patriots, Dolphins, Steelers, Seahawks, Cowboys, and Packers. Ouch.

9-7.

I think what Quinn tried to achieve is send a positive message to the players, that it's a new season but they have been there and can repeat, obviously the first goal is to win the division and I think it's theirs to lose.

Quinn has 2 years now building this program with hits and misses, the 2015 season they started hot and faded, they didn't repeat that last season so they can learn from previous mistakes. Ultimately I think there is legit reason to be concerned about the mental aspect of the game. Normally I would say nahh that's past, but that comeback was too much, really, we will see when they are trailing in the 4th quarter of games if they will have the gas on the tank.

Base Camp for the Atlanta Falcons is playing in arguably the toughest division in the NFL. There are no slouches among the Falcons, Saints, Panthers and Buccaneers. All four have above average quarterbacks. Three out of four have gone to a Super Bowl in the last seven years (Saints, Panthers, Falcons) and those same teams have all won a playoff game since 2013.

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers are the only team without a recent playoff win but is the team that has most improved over the past two years. My pick for the first Patriots loss in 2017 is Tampa Bay on the road on 10-5-2017 on a Thursday night coming off a Sunday night game against the Panthers just four days prior. The Buccaneers have to have the Patriots circled on their calendars.

Outside the division, Atlanta plays a first place schedule this year - Atlanta Falcons | Schedule . They get playoff teams including the Patriots, Dolphins, Steelers, Seahawks, Cowboys, and Packers. Ouch.

9-7.

I disagree, I think Tampa Bay will keep being garbage, the Saints have a great QB nothing more and that defense will not improve much from previous years and the Panthers, I think they are middle of the pack but they can steal a game from the Falcons, who goes 5-1 on the division.

There's no Revenge Tour for Atlanta. If you trip and fall on the curb you don't take a jackhammer to it to avenge your injuries.

Revenge Tour is when you get suspended for four games for no reason based on a profound misunderstanding of high school science by a front office made up of people who used to work for your biggest rivals who drag your name through the mud for two years despite you being the face of the league, then you come back and lose one regular season game and engineer the biggest comeback in Super Bowl history to cement your status as the GOAT and on the podium your enemy is forced to congratulate you as boos rain down on him and you stand to the side and smile a soft smile.

That's Revenge Tour.

I disagree, I think Tampa Bay will keep being garbage, the Saints have a great QB nothing more and that defense will not improve much from previous years and the Panthers, I think they are middle of the pack but they can steal a game from the Falcons, who goes 5-1 on the division.

The 2016 Buccaneers went 9-7 and beat all three NFC South rivals including two wins against the Panthers. They also beat the Chiefs and the Seahawks, and took Oakland to OT. That's a good football team.

2016 Tampa Bay Buccaneers season - Wikipedia

You Can't Stop the Atlanta Falcons

"But here's what actually happened next. Rather than let the sickness linger, in the spring, Atlanta head coach Dan Quinn told all players in his first teamwide address that they weren't reclimbing Mount Everest from the bottom. No, they were already at "base camp." Established. At that exact point, the Falcons realized they do, in fact, have what it takes to return, with a vengeance, to the Super Bowl.

Even the Pats. No wonder BB is so good at his job. He would never tell his team that.

BB wouldn't. Not in a million years.

With that said, other coaches have had championship teams and implemented different team building cultures.

Just gotta see how Mighty Quinn does.

Last edited:
Falcon fans are pretty amazing when asked who's the most improved Team
The 2016 Buccaneers went 9-7 and beat all three NFC South rivals including two wins against the Panthers. They also beat the Chiefs and the Seahawks, and took Oakland to OT. That's a good football team.

2016 Tampa Bay Buccaneers season - Wikipedia

I was just thinking about the Bucs they are Young and Loaded. Falcon fans think they have the NFC already good luck coming out of that Division. Carolina if Cam Newton breathes is a threat and the Saints have some Offense. I expect Winston and the Bucs to make some noise minus any serious injuries.

When you add Dontari Poe and Desmond Trufant to their defense and realize they already have a franchise QB, franchise WR, excellent RB duo, and a chip on their shoulders, I'm not sure how people come up with a 9-7 team? Maybe injuries, like anyone else.

I agree with you. I think they win the division fairly easily. What they do after that is anyone's guess, but I'm certainly not going to dismiss them just because they blew a big lead in the SB. They are talented and I believe they're one of the top 3 NFC teams.

If I'm a Falcon fan I'm liking this article. They are saying the right things.

The Good: Taking ownership of the loss and facing it head on. Not making excuses just critiquing themselves and trying to put the loss into perspective. I like their attitude of a "revenge" tour. It's a better mindset to be in. imo.

The Bad: Did Quinn lose their player's trust?

"So Campbell doesn't complain. He faces his own trauma head-on. He watches that game again, and again, and realizes now he should've gone rogue. Sure, Quinn might've benched him on the spot. Who cares? He should've spontaneously blitzed Tom Brady and won his team the Super Bowl. That thought eats at him."

Will they trust their coach in crunch time? That's the key element to whether or not they are able to fully rebound from that loss imo.

It will be interesting to see.

Falcon fans are pretty amazing when asked who's the most improved Team

I was just thinking about the Bucs they are Young and Loaded. Falcon fans think they have the NFC already good luck coming out of that Division. Carolina if Cam Newton breathes is a threat and the Saints have some Offense. I expect Winston and the Bucs to make some noise minus any serious injuries.

That's plagiarism. You can't use Off The Grids bizarro capitalization.

To fans outside of New England, they will read that and say, "Yeah? So?"

As Patriots fans, we know the importance of that statement because Belichick never tells his team that they've accomplished anything.

"We haven't accomplished anything yet. We have zero wins right now."

"We're just trying to have a good practice."

"We're trying to win this week's game."

"We're trying to win the division"

"We're just trying to secure a playoff spot."

In Belichick's world, players and coaches are only as good as their effort today in preparation for tomorrow.
Surprised the Super Bowl post game speech wasn't

"Hey five Super Bowl wins doesn't get you anything in this league...we're nowhere near where we need to be."

The Bucs' schedule looks tough, butI'm not sure where you're getting the "Tampa Bay will keep being garbage" line from. They went 9-7 last year, and added DeSean Jackson and the draft's best TE.

Surprised the Super Bowl post game speech wasn't

"Hey five Super Bowl wins doesn't get you anything in this league...we're nowhere near where we need to be."

Who knows. Probably was lol.

Quinn is a decent coach, Ryan a very good QB, and the Falcons as a whole a very good team.

Severely traumatized, but a good team.

28-3

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back