PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Eli Manning announces retirement

Status
Not open for further replies.
...At least when they show his scramble highlight, everyone will get to look at the strangulation hold on Seymour by Ohara to avoid the most ****ing surest sack To end a game there was ever going to be.
It wouldn't have actually ended the game of course, but the point still stands.

I find it ludicrous that after 16 seasons mediocre Eli has made more than #12.. even though Brady will pass him this year..

He and Kellerman have an absolutely loathing for Boston sports and it gets in the way of them saying anything rational. It's like a Boston fan saying Jeter or Rivera suck, which is ridiculous.
No they don’t, they just know how to grab attention.

I find it ludicrous that after 16 seasons mediocre Eli has made more than #12.. even though Brady will pass him this year..

Don't worry him and Peyton will make a killing pitching every single product on TV. The true Manning legacy. Remember the product placement in Peytons last game?

Sure, playing in NYC is a factor, but I think his last name is a bigger factor.

No they don’t, they just know how to grab attention.

They've both been on record as saying they wear their hate for Boston on their sleeves

They've both been on record as saying they wear their hate for Boston on their sleeves
Nobody would actually think Eli is better than Brady. Not even Archie genuinely believes that.

Don't forget WHO he beat to get those two rings. He's part of the story of the Patriots' Dynasty too, for better or worse.

I've never been to the HOF, but as a museum they should be able to have inclusion of famous events in the NFL lore (Tyree catch, go Malcolm go) without giving every participant the honor of a bust and recognition as a historically great player.

That's kind of stupid -- announcing that you will be announcing your retirement.

Why announce your wedding to only have people come? I presume he'll do more than just say "I'm retired" like explain his reasoning, thank the organization and fans, take questions, make a little event out of it.

Why announce your wedding to only have people come? I presume he'll do more than just say "I'm retired" like explain his reasoning, thank the organization and fans, take questions, make a little event out of it.
See post #32.

Because by announcing that he will announce his retirement, he already has announced his retirement. He could have issued a statement saying a press conference is scheduled addressing his Giants status.

It's not a big deal

Maybe Eli can use the announcement to sell more fake memorabilia.

One positive that I'll take from Eli's retirement is that we won't have to hear much about "the NFL's royal family" after he's finally gone.

This entire two decade span has been owned by the Patriots.

The QB of the team that beat them twice in the Super Bowl is going into the Hall of Fame.

His actual quality as a player for most of his career is almost irrelevant.

He won’t get in on the first ballot, second ballot, etc., likely going to wait quite a bit of time. Let’s say it’s 2030 or so and there’s a big push from the NY press to get Eli into the Hall of Fame.

Now you’re going to have a bunch of QBs from the 2020s who are “locks” and are about 5x better than Eli. You’ll have Brady, Peyton, Brees, Rodgers, Roethlisberger in there. Wilson is either in or about to get in. That’s six. Maybe Rivers and Ryan, who were both much better than Eli. That’s 8.

I actually think his case will grow weaker, not stronger, each year. But I do think he’ll get in when it’s been long enough for people to actually not realize or just forget that he wasn’t actually a good quarterback.

Don't worry him and Peyton will make a killing pitching every single product on TV. The true Manning legacy. Remember the product placement in Peytons last game?

I'll never forget how Peyton decided the last impression he wanted to leave on the media as a player was "I can't wait to purchase and drink a Bud Light brand hard soft drink".

I'll never forget how Peyton decided the last impression he wanted to leave on the media as a player was "I can't wait to purchase and drink a Bud Light brand hard soft drink".
Class act

SB42 and SB46 clips being shown ad nauseam today on sports coverage channels. Yay.

Regards,
Chris

Class act

Apparently the apples didn't fall far from the tree. I remember hearing Archie on radio the morning of the 2007 SB and he was whining about Fran Tarkenton being in the HOF. I was stunned. It's funny now that his son may get in with a worse record than Tarkenton.

He won’t get in on the first ballot, second ballot, etc., likely going to wait quite a bit of time. Let’s say it’s 2030 or so and there’s a big push from the NY press to get Eli into the Hall of Fame.

Now you’re going to have a bunch of QBs from the 2020s who are “locks” and are about 5x better than Eli. You’ll have Brady, Peyton, Brees, Rodgers, Roethlisberger in there. Wilson is either in or about to get in. That’s six. Maybe Rivers and Ryan, who were both much better than Eli. That’s 8.

I actually think his case will grow weaker, not stronger, each year. But I do think he’ll get in when it’s been long enough for people to actually not realize or just forget that he wasn’t actually a good quarterback.

Rivers and Ryan don't sniff the HOF without rings IMO. They don't stand out enough statistically and they play for teams that have never mattered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes