PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Draft Kings Advice.

IcyPatriot

Wall of Fame
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Looking for any advice regarding Draft Kings ...
I've never been much interested in fantasy sports to be honest ... but at $3 a game I figure what the heck and it's so easy. Anyways ... I only plan to do football ... any advice of the best way to spend and is the FLEX and DIST good areas to spend or go cheap?

Where do you spend high?
Where do you spend low?
Better to spread it out?

Thanks ...

Looking for any advice regarding Draft Kings ...
I've never been much interested in fantasy sports to be honest ... but at $3 a game I figure what the heck and it's so easy. Anyways ... I only plan to do football ... any advice of the best way to spend and is the FLEX and DIST good areas to spend or go cheap?

Where do you spend high?
Where do you spend low?
Better to spread it out?

Thanks ...

Icy--
It seems as though having good skill position players particularly at the RB and QB positions are the priorities of many.

Of course that decision becomes much more difficult when there are good WRs or even TEs like Gronkowski on the board.

I'd agree that the defensive player/team defense (not sure how they specifically do it) would be areas which you could trim.

Sorry this isn't too helpful, but I'm guessing that different people have different ways of going about it, so you'll see what works best through a bit of trial and error. There's no perfect formula, but I'd focus on spending a bit more for a good RB, a good QB, and a receiving option.

Just my .2 cents. Good luck to you.

I hate to even say anything cuz I'm certainly not making a living off that stuff, but part of it depends on whether you play a 50/50 type game or large field gpp.
what I would do is id how much you think you need to get back per $ spent to win.
so, if you need 200 pts total on a $100,000 bankroll each 5k of salary should bring back 10 pts

a lot of serious players advise building around min value qb - preferably running types, like tyrod taylor, but I can't comment either way on this.
what I generally did was start with a particular player angle, or two, and build around those guys.

I'd also suggest getting on twitter and following some dfs guys for free advice

My experience has been to successfully stack your players ( ie Gronk and Brady, Ben and Antonio, etc). Spending big on a qb is fine if u pick the right qb and their opponent (ie Rodgers usually destroys Chi). U then have to find values at other positions. Best thing to do is enter multiple times with various rosters. Don't ever leave yourself with money to spend!

Edit: I haven't ever won big on this just telling u the advice I hear on Sirius from people that have...

Thanks Guys

I am thinking I might win because I am a noob at it.

I suggest being the guy in their commercial for next year.

but, the trick is getting there and you'd be best to go with a BB mentality of getting mostly solid performers and I would some of it comes down to matchups/schedule, teams where they have enough talent that you know 1 of 2 guys will get the lions share of points. Teams like the Pats are hard to pick because you never know who is getting the points (even Brady will forgo passing TDs for running TDs at times, though Brady would be consistently pretty good for points).

I've got enough time sinks in my life that I can't really add one more.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back