PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Denver/Pitt Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Denver has two #1 picks in the draft...do they go QB with one?

This is exactly what the Pats game would have looked like if not for the refs or the turnovers. Note I said "or" there, not "and".

Broncos just got bailed out on a wide open TD. I hate that rule, but it is the rule.

FSUPatsFan said:
I'm just glad I won't be seeing Shannon Sharpe running his mouth during the halftime and post-game show. Could he be any less objective?
Did you hear Schlereth on Mike and Mike this week?

The Gr8est said:
Denver has two #1 picks in the draft...do they go QB with one?

Not unless they're trading them as part of a package to move up. I don't like this draft at all for QBs.

FSUPatsFan said:
I'm just glad I won't be seeing Shannon Sharpe running his mouth during the halftime and post-game show. Could he be any less objective?

Yeah but what a shocker...he "objectively" picked Denver....just like he did last week.

Even a blind squirrel finds an acorn eventually.

It's over. Pitts moves on to Super Bowl XL. You heard it here first.

Richter said:
This is exactly what the Pats game would have looked like if not for the refs or the turnovers. Note I said "or" there, not "and".

Broncos just got bailed out on a wide open TD. I hate that rule, but it is the rule.
we were still in the game after the blown pass INT call.

And it's 24-3 Steelers. Terrific play by Roethlisberger there, exactly what I was talking about keeping plays alive.

The embarrassment continues....

I'm glad they called back Bettis's TD on procedure...that way I got to see Denver scored on an extra time.

amen brother.........

Richter said:
Except when they had to actually drive the field, rather than be handed a gift by the refs, they did make mistakes. That Plummer interception was brutal. And I will go to my grave believing that even with the turnovers, the Pats would have beaten the Donkeys if the refs weren't totally incompetent.

amen.........these donkeys look like sh## today.....and they didn't play all that tremendously against us.....it all came down to us BEATING OURSELVES......ahh....to think of us hosting Pitt today.......hard to imagine what could have been........oh well ;)

BradyisGod said:
Did you hear Schlereth on Mike and Mike this week?

naw, I didn't, but I've heard him on NFL Live and Sportscenter all week. He's almost as bad a Sharpe. What did he say on Mike and Mike?

looked to me like ward was bobbling that ball

SVN said:
we were still in the game after the blown pass INT call.

As if that was the only bad call.

stcjones said:
amen.........these donkeys look like sh## today.....and they didn't play all that tremendously against us.....it all came down to us BEATING OURSELVES......ahh....to think of us hosting Pitt today.......hard to imagine what could have been........oh well ;)
the way pitt is playing now it wouldve been a diff game for us too especially when they are willing to throw more than run as in the past.

stcjones said:

Right!

They played poorly last week and they played poorly this week.

It's actually embarrassing to the league that this bad a team got within one game of the Superbowl.

Mile High is dead quiet for once. Good.

Bella*chick said:

yeah, no kidding. I'm just glad Ben is playing well so I don't have to hear IN-COM-PLETE after every throw.

Bella*chick said:

I'm really going to enjoy heckling all the losers in Denver I know. Hate that city and I love seeing the screws turned on them, especially in their own stadium.

Richter said:
As if that was the only bad call.
ok sir, you win. we were the best team in the playoffs, got screwed by the refs and by our own mistakes.conversely all the games we have won with other teams throwing picks have been because of our great defense.
one way or the other its over this season sadly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back