PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Denver/Pitt Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
huskeralk said:
I think you're thinking of Amsterdam.

Amsterdam...Sweden...Switzerland...same thing. :D

None of that stuff is legal here though so don't even start thinking about asking for a free place to stay.

Schucks.

Last edited:
Richter said:
Except when they had to actually drive the field, rather than be handed a gift by the refs, they did make mistakes. That Plummer interception was brutal. And I will go to my grave believing that even with the turnovers, the Pats would have beaten the Donkeys if the refs weren't totally incompetent.
sure but ifs and buts applied a lot of games we won too. if the refs had messed up the tuck game and not known the tuck rule what wouldve happened.?
denver's defense played well and we didnt adjust enough . even brady missed a few throws and open recivers. even after the bailey int we were down 11 when we missed a FG and a possible TD when tom overthrew.

Damn Husk....That picture of yours is crazy intense.

I was just quickly scanning throught the thread and they just seem to jump out.

That image is the kind of thing that will just burn itself into your brain. I think it's speaking to my subconscious. Is this some form of mind control???

I think I'm going insane..........STOP LOOKING AT ME!!!!!!!!!

Richter said:
10-0 Steelers, my prediction is looking good. Denver is an absolute fraud that should not still be playing, and the Steelers are going to prove it.

Yeah, I picked Pittsburgh too, but how's it feel now that we lost to this Denver team. Still early, but looks like it could be a blowout.

yup I agree. Denver is a fraud. Given 10 games, we'd beat them 9 times. Same with the steelers.

I shouldnt be sayign this, but I actually am enjoying watching the steelers.

what a play by polamalu!

SVN said:
sure but ifs and buts applied a lot of games we won too. if the refs had messed up the tuck game and not known the tuck rule what wouldve happened.?
denver's defense played well and we didnt adjust enough . even brady missed a few throws and open recivers. even after the bailey int we were down 11 when we missed a FG and a possible TD when tom overthrew.

I would hardly say Denver's defense played "well". The Pats were moving up and down the field. Aside from Bailey's terrific play, what exactly did they do well on defense that would make you think that they played well? I'd call it mediocre with one great play thrown in.

And they do NOT apply to a lot of games we won. There is no comparison between a team taking control of its own destiny after a referee overturns an incorrect call, and a team lucking into a win because the refs make numerous, blatantly awful calls.

PYPER said:
Damn Husk....That picture of yours is crazy intense.

I was just quickly scanning throught the thread and they just seem to jump out.

That image is the kind of thing that will just burn itself into your brain. I think it's speaking to my subconscious. Is this some form of mind control???

I think I'm going insane..........STOP LOOKING AT ME!!!!!!!!!

:D It definately makes it easy for me to pick out my own posts.

Isn't this Putzier guy that is tearing up the Steelers the same guy that Samuel knocked out twice?

Richter said:
I would hardly say Denver's defense played "well". The Pats were moving up and down the field. Aside from Bailey's terrific play, what exactly did they do well on defense that would make you think that they played well? I'd call it mediocre with one great play thrown in.

And they do NOT apply to a lot of games we won. There is no comparison between a team taking control of its own destiny after a referee overturns an incorrect call, and a team lucking into a win because the refs make numerous, blatantly awful calls.
relax my friend .i hate the broncos and steelers as much as you do.in fact i cant decide who iam rooting for.But last week they hit tom so much that he overthrew many times. the TD in the endzone he overthrew brown . the INT in the endzone. how many times have we seen our defense let other teams drive down and cause the INT in the redzone by terrific red zone defense. The first game last yr against the colts is a great example. Did it mean the colts were a better team then and we got lucky ? no i thought we played well enough to cause those mistakes and by a similar acct the broncos did too.

SVN said:
relax my friend .i hate the broncos and steelers as much as you do.in fact i cant decide who iam rooting for.But last week they hit tom so much that he overthrew many times. the TD in the endzone he overthrew brown . the INT in the endzone. how many times have we seen our defense let other teams drive down and cause the INT in the redzone by terrific red zone defense. The first game last yr against the colts is a great example. Did it mean the colts were a better team then and we got lucky ? no i thought we played well enough to cause those mistakes and by a similar acct the broncos did too.

I agree 100%. Their defense last week was like ours in 2001. Not great by any means but very opportunistic and tough when it mattered.

LOL! Tuck rule!

Ruled absolutely correctly!

SVN said:

Actually, we did get lucky, Vanderjagt missed that field goal, and James was gashing the run defense at that point. Like I said, the Bailey play was a great play, but saying the other overthrows were caused by the Broncos is un-corroboratable at best, disingenuous at worst. Frankly, it looked like bad mechanics by Brady to me, something he had struggled with for a couple weeks prior, especially that overthrow to Troy Brown. It looked more like bad offense and bad decision making to me, rather than the Broncos doing anything that other teams hadn't done before. Brady usually performs well in those situations, this game he was decent to bad depending on the series. And that was still good enough to beat the Broncos if the refs hadn't interfered.

Either way, give me Pittsburgh and Seattle in the bowl, with Seattle winning amidst a huge officiating controversy that actually forces the NFL to look at the way the officials do their job.

Last edited:
The refs screw it up again.

There's no delay of game because we didn't set the ball up quickly enough!

OT: Denver/Pitt Game Thread

THIS gamer the refs put the whistles away....thanks a lot boys....great job...

broncos pass defense being picked apart. mainly due to the run threat of bettis and parker IMHO.same mistake the colts made last week

SVN said:
broncos pass defense being picked apart. mainly due to the run threat of bettis and parker IMHO.same mistake the colts made last week

Roethlisberger looks like the best QB in football, not just in this game but in all of the playoffs.

Richter said:
Actually, we did get lucky, Vanderjagt missed that field goal, and James was gashing the run defense at that point.
We did put ourselves in that situation for the long field goal. remember the mcginest sack ? .Also we forced turnovers in the redzone so the james gashing us mattered. BB always game plans similarly against efficent passing teams.
Anyways, truce .may the best team which plays best now win .:)

Fanfrom1960 said:
Roethlisberger looks like the best QB in football, not just in this game but in all of the playoffs.
this game could get ugly very quickly. i dont think pitt has punted yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down