PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

David Ortiz shot in The Dominican

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was a serious beating, wow.
F*ck that guy. Shoot a good man in the back and he deserves every bit of it and more. Seriously. F*ck him.

Focusing my energy on Papi after that little rant. Like someone else said, This is our f*cking Papi. Love to David and his family. PapiStrong.

I had my gallbladder removed the night before SB49. The gallbladder offering to the sports God shows papi is equally committed to the Bruins.

In all seriousness though your gallbladder is not vestigial but very little side effects to living without it. Removing it is one of the more common procedures in this country.

As your doctors may have told you, it's basically a "bile reservoir." Bile is produced by your liver and breaks down fat.

It's a good thing to have but you can live without it. When you're eating that bacon cheeseburger, it's good to have that extra dose of bile at the ready.

There was a report there was injury to the liver. Raises possibility of bile duct injuries, pancreas injuries. Point is - he may do fine, but he is not out of the woods by any means. Bleeding and infection are always possible. I hope he has a good surgeon and a good hospital.

TMZ released the video:

Just came back from lunch (I like to eat early) and on the radio, people calling with connections to the DR saying the hit wasn't for Ortiz, but some DJ/rapper down there sitting near Ortiz?

From the video it seems like Ortiz is the target but I guess that's the gossip among the DR public.. fwiw

yeah...that vacation heaven..the D.R.

Come On Vacation, Leave On Defibrillation
We have a destination wedding there next week and my wife is not a happy camper with all the deaths going on ( ? pesticide ? poisoning). If I stop posting after 6/27, you'll know why..................

We have a destination wedding there in 2 weeks and my wife is not a happy camper with all the deaths going on ( ? pesticide ? poisoning). If I stop posting after 7/1, you'll know why..................
I went to Punta Cana in 2017 (actually watched the Pats Falcons SB there) and had a great time, felt safe, people were very nice etc. I had nerves before going but was glad we did afterward. I think it all depends on where you stay/go, especially at night. Certain bars are gang havens. Good luck, hope you have a great time.

I went to Punta Cana in 2017 (actually watched the Pats Falcons SB there) and had a great time, felt safe, people were very nice etc. I had nerves before going but was glad we did afterward. I think it all depends on where you stay/go, especially at night. Certain bars are gang havens. Good luck, hope you have a great time.
We're staying on a resort, not leaving but all those suspicious deaths have happened on the sister resort to where we are staying...............

duplicate post... nothing to see here.

Last edited:
We're staying on a resort, not leaving but all those suspicious deaths have happened on the sister resort to where we are staying...............
I think you should be able to get your money back and go somewhere else. Contract was essentially "frustrated" by the hotel company killing it's guests.

Get well, Big Papi!

Just came back from lunch (I like to eat early) and on the radio, people calling with connections to the DR saying the hit wasn't for Ortiz, but some DJ/rapper down there sitting near Ortiz?

From the video it seems like Ortiz is the target but I guess that's the gossip among the DR public.. fwiw
I heard there was a second shooter. I think is was Pat Maroon

I wish he would have got beat more than that. **** this POS

View attachment 23506

here is a picture of the POS, he took a real beating from the Dominicans. Note possible "Latin Kings" tat on left shoulder.
I wish the crowd hadn't gone so easy on him.

This whole thing is strange. Could it be random? It sure doesn't seem random. Seems like he was targeted. Could it be a case of mistaken identity? Hard to believe it was mistaken identity when the target is one of the most famous Dominicans on the planet. If there were multiple assailants, that tends to lessen the chance of it being just some deranged lunatic Mark David Chapman type acting alone.

Regardless, I am very glad he is (by all accounts) in stable condition and doing well.

Ortiz is reportedly being transported to Boston for treatment and recovery

Report: Sox bringing Ortiz to Boston

"UPDATE (1:05 p.m. ET): A Red Sox plane has landed in the Dominican Republic and authorities have authorized permission for Ortiz to be transported to Boston "immediately"

Ortiz is reportedly being transported to Boston for treatment and recovery

Report: Sox bringing Ortiz to Boston

"UPDATE (1:05 p.m. ET): A Red Sox plane has landed in the Dominican Republic and authorities have authorized permission for Ortiz to be transported to Boston "immediately"
Another tidbit I just remembered from the radio, the DR hospital was asking for B+ blood because they didn't have it... glad he's heading back up here.

Interesting that there were conflicting reports initially.. Saying that it was a burglary attempt. Clearly that wasn't the case.

Get well, Papi..

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye