PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cutler excited at Dolphins press conference

Not that I'm disagreeing, but why do so many people say Cutler doesn't care? I never followed Chicago Football very much, but whenever it was on I could tellhe wasn't very good. Did him not caring start somewhere or is it a meme?
He has been accused on multiple occasions of lacking passion and not putting his all into the game. He has good ability which he never maximized to its fullest potential. Sort of a Jeff George type of quarterback.

Here's another example, just today -- link: Jay Cutler: I’m a quarterback, I don’t have to be in great shape

Last edited:
I will always have a soft spot in my heart for Bledsoe. He wasn't good enough to bring us a championship, but he made us respectable.

He might have been if not for "I'm gone after the game" stuff Parcels pulled.

after this season he'll have to change his first name to Veal...

On the downside, Patriots DBs may start making outrageous contract demands in 2018 after their interception totals get inflated by playing Cutler twice in one season.

:D
Like $10 million per INT??;)

Bledsoe's actually won in the league. This is an unfair comparison.

Cutler - 69-72 (1-1 in the playoffs) 11 years in the league, one season where he made the playoffs. 2 winning seasons, one 8-8 season.

Bledsoe - 102-98 (4-3 in the playoffs), 14 years in the league, made the playoffs 5 times. 6 winning seasons, and another two 8-8 seasons.

Oh, and Bledsoe did it all before the "Rule Emphasis".

You can like Brady, and not hate Bledsoe. It's ok, you know.
I don't hate Bledsoe, I'm honest about what he is.
Sure the 1996 season elevates him above Cutler, but otherwise, its pretty similar.

I don't think your numbers should credit Bledsoe for making the playoffs in the 2 years he was benched. Also he was 3-3 in the playoffs, not 4-3.

I don't think 3 games under .500 vs 3 games over .500 over the course of a career is an example of someone who 'won in this league' vs someone who didn't.
But it appears you can't bring up Drew Bledsoe on this board without an emotional reaction, so I will drop it here.

Sure the 1996 season elevates him above Cutler, but otherwise, its pretty similar.

I don't think your numbers should credit Bledsoe for making the playoffs in the 2 years he was benched. Also he was 3-3 in the playoffs, not 4-3.

I don't think 3 games under .500 vs 3 games over .500 over the course of a career is an example of someone who 'won in this league' vs someone who didn't.
But it appears you can't bring up Drew Bledsoe on this board without an emotional reaction, so I will drop it here.

"Can't bring up Drew Bledsoe without an emotional reaction"? Says the guy who rips up entire threads in a nuclear second if someone farts in Brady's direction. :D

"Can't bring up Drew Bledsoe without an emotional reaction"? Says the guy who rips up entire threads in a nuclear second if someone farts in Brady's direction. :D

LOL... Andy gets that way sometimes...

giphy.gif

...when he needs a Snickers bar. :)

My Brady reactions have nothing to do with emotion. It has to do with what is best for the team.

Now we know what happened to Kevin McAllister when he grew up. Being abandoned twice at Christmas by your own family has taken its psychological toll.

I will always have a soft spot in my heart for Bledsoe. He wasn't good enough to bring us a championship, but he made us respectable.

I actually thought he had a decent chance of doing so in 1996... and then Bill Parcells tanked his Super Bowl on the way out of town to the Jets.

If you were really being honest, you would acknowledge the changes to the passing game between 1993 and 2006, and how 43,000 yards back then is a lot, lot tougher than 33,000 yards today.

If you were really being honest, you would acknowledge the changes to the passing game between 1993 and 2006, and how 43,000 yards back then is a lot, lot tougher than 33,000 yards today.
Don't think I ever said otherwise or said anything about cumulative passing yards.

I will say that Cutler is better than Tannenhill, but the Fish aren't even in our stratosphere

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back