SOURCE:Yahoo! Sports

Patsfans.com

Upcoming Opponent:
Next Up: Jets
Mon
Oct 21st
Right Now At PatsFans.com:
Stellar Performance
Another strong performance by the defense leads to points and played a key role as the Patriots improved to 6-0 Thursday night.

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

OT: Condoleezza wants to be NFL commissioner ....

Discussion in 'The PatsFans.com Pub' started by JR4, Mar 22, 2006.

1. PATSNUTme

PATSNUTme Paranoid Homer ex-moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,470
    ---
    This is my last post on this subject. Here is a bio of this woman. Forget about which party she serves. She's never ran for elective office.

Read the bio and then tell me if she has to give BJ's (NEM words on a thread three days ago) to serve in high rankng positions. NEM's remarks we an insult to women, African American women, and driven by hate because she is part of an Aministration that he diagrees with. I was just seeing if he was man enough to repeat his exact words and he wasn't. But he did manage to insult all women over and over again.

www.whitehouse.gov/nsc/ricebio.html

2. PATSNUTme

PATSNUTme Paranoid Homer ex-moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,470
    ---
    NEM, I have NO personal vandetta againts you. I've never come at you for your football post. Sometimes I read them, laugh, and move on.

What my problem with you is, and always have been, is when you bring politics into the Football Forum. You just can't seem to resist it.

There is one other thing. You should act like a man and issue an apology for what you said to Bills Girl.

If you and others can keep politics out of this forum, you will never have a problem with me.

Hope that is clear.

3. hallfamebrady

hallfamebrady On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +0
    ---
    Can we all talk about football and the Patriots? I do not care if Condy Rice is qualified or not. I do care what new FA signings we are going to make.

4. JoeSixPat

JoeSixPat Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +1,393
    ---
    Nice revisionist history as always.

If your post hadn't been deleted (for being politically and sexually inappropriate) everyone would see that you specifically stated that the Secretary of State had performed sexual favors to achieve her success.

Now you deny this and try to say that you "merely" pointed out that many women use their sexuality to get ahead. Nice spin.

You also try to suggest that after making inappropriate sexual and poltical comments not once, but twice on the same topic, that OTHERS are responsible for making this an issue. :rofl:

Let's leave that one alone, as no one is buying your spin there anyway. (and don't forget - I DEFENDED you on the controversy you started with your Signature photo post, assuming you forgot about it, but still suggesting you apologize, which of course you never do)

Most successful women, while not denying that a few might engage in that practice, would fly off the handle with your gross generalization and misrepresentation that "many" successful women rely on sexual favors for advancement.

The vast majority of successful women DO NOT engage in that practice. And if you want to assert that Rice did so, do so in the political forum. Not in the football forum.

In terms of her qualifications - I'm not sure she's a good candidate for the Commissioner's office either - but her qualifications are outstanding and its laughable for anyone to disparage the following qualifications as "clearly unqualified"

-Stanford Provsot
    -PhD. and Professor and award winner
    -Accomplished author
    -Numerous corporate board positions
    -Countless volunteer positions
    -... not to mention a long career in public service starting well before the current Bush Administration.

Let's compare that to Paul Tagliabue's bio and experience:

-He graduated law school and previously served as a lawyer for the NFL

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Tagliabue

Yeah - she can't hold a candle to Tags. Well done NEM.

Now is she qualified for her current position? That's really the point that brought you out of the polticial forum for a rare football forum posting that you wanted to make on this issue, isn't it?

You might not like her NEM, or like her boss, but to suggest that she is unqualified and only attained her position by BJs makes you look like a complete *****.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2006
  5. FreeTedWilliams

FreeTedWilliams Praying for SammyBlue Cat PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +8,635
    ---
  6. mikey

mikey In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +3
    ---

But don't you need a modicum amount of integrity to be the Commissioner of the NFL?

7. JoeSixPat

Ratings:
    +1,393
    ---
    The funny thing is, in a lot of ways I think Bill Clinton would actually be a very good Commissioner. Many people are able to look beyond petty politics and single issues to see the qualifications that different people bring to the table.

Rice, as the first black, first woman - and first black woman - in such a significant position in the old boys club of the NFL would bring a fresh perspective to the office as well.

But there's no way she will be selected given the fact that many will be unable to look beyond their petty politics and see what she brings to the table. Many might also have conscious or subconscious opposition to a black woman holding such a position of power over men.

They too will probably reach and stretch to find a reason why her outstanding academic and professional credentials don't stack up against the previous commissioner - who of course had none, with the exception of apparently being a lawyer in the corporate NFL office who was Pete Rozell's handpicked successor.

But if you want to take that moral low ground that she's unqualified for the position like those people, you're welcome to it

Last edited: Mar 24, 2006
  8. mikey

mikey In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +3
    ---
    Ms. Rice graduated from University of Denver (BA, PhD in International Studies) and Notre Dame Univesity (MA in Political Science). She was the provost of Stanford University.

Paul Tagliabue graduated from Georgetown University and New York Unversity Law School. He was a partner at Covington & Burling, a Washington/ NY Law firm.

I would like to think that it is harder to be accepted to Georgetown and New York University Law School than University of Denver.

I would also like to think it is harder to graduate from a Law School than a School of Politcal Science and International Studies.

While Ms. Rice's provost position at Stanford is impressive, I thought Tagliabue's partnership at Covington and Burling is equally impressive.

Of course, we have to consider the possibility that Ms. Rice got her Standford job as a result of Affirmative Action. The University of Denver is not exactly a hot-bed for recruting Stanford and Ivy League professors.

As to your assertion that Mr. Tagliabue has no academic credentials, please note that Mr. Tagliabue is the "founding chairman of the board of directors of the Neil D. Levin Graduate Institute of International Relations and Commerce, part of the State University of New York".

According to Peter King, Mr. Tagliabue's "other passions is education and studying international affairs. He's sort of the anti-jock commissioner ... "

(Please see link below)

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/peter_king/03/21/mmqbte/index.html

I have to disagree with my friend NEM that Ms. Rice got her political position by doing sexual favor. Consider her physical attribute, I just don't see how any man could find her to be an object of sexual desire.

Rather, I thought she got to where she is because of her race as a result of Affirmative Action.

Furthermore, a black female Republican is very rare which further enhanced her attractiveness to the GOP to be used as a political tool for their political agenda.

9. JoeSixPat

Ratings:
    +1,393
    ---

Very impressive mikey - you've successfully compared the fact that they both Rice and Tags went to college and that Tagliabue - a lawyer - was a partner with a law firm. You've also ignored the other 90% of Rice's experience in an effort to make your point.

I'm glad you are impressed with the fact that a lawyer was a partner in a lawfirm.

I've got nothing against Tags - of course he already has the job. But if you compare his credentials to ALL of Rice's - not just the schools they went to and the lawfirm Tags worked for - you either have to say that Rice is AS or MORE qualified than Tagliabue was.

I thank you also for making my point that those who disparage Rice do so because of her sex and her race.

Of course I don't doubt that at some point Afirmative Action may have benefited her - but I don't think she "got where she is" because she's black.

You make it sound like being black and being a woman in an all-boys club is an ADVANTAGE! :rofl:

I think you're in over your head on debating this one.

10. JoeSixPat

Ratings:
    +1,393
    ---
    If any other so-called Liberals out there need diversity training let me know.

I got an IM from someone laughing about how the supposed liberals need the moderate/conservatives to teach them how to be a good liberal!