PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Commish pondering new rule regarding suspended players

Status
Not open for further replies.

emoney_33

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Just heard on CBS NFL Today, Goodell is thinking about a rule that would allow suspended players to return to practice 2 weeks prior to their suspension being over so that they can be ready to return immediately. What do you think? I kinda like it.

i see both sides of it.. one its a good idea since you could avoid the roster expemtions and get the player ready to go..

but the player is suspended for breaking the rules and that should be for the full length of it..

Just heard on CBS NFL Today, Goodell is thinking about a rule that would allow suspended players to return to practice 2 weeks prior to their suspension being over so that they can be ready to return immediately. What do you think? I kinda like it.
not sure...in some ways that dilutes the actual suspension..what is teh commish getting weak in the knees now?? Not sure I agree..

not sure...in some ways that dilutes the actual suspension..what is teh commish getting weak in the knees now?? Not sure I agree..

Yea I keep going back and forth on whether or not I agree with it. Like the above poster I can see both sides to it.

It certainly helps the team. I think it contradicts the very rule. A suspension hurts a players value and it hurts the shape they're in. If they allow them to get in game shape and not miss a beat, is that fair? All depends who you ask.

I think it's fair. The player ends the suspension ready to go, but the team still loses their play during the time of the suspension. In a way, the current system extends the time of suspension - not officially, but in terms of being game ready.
I like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back