SOURCE:Yahoo! Sports

Patsfans.com

Upcoming Opponent:
Next Up: Lions
Thu
Aug 8th
Right Now At PatsFans.com:
Bad Decision
Boomer Esiason has normally been respectful of Brady, but made some poor decisions with his comments last week about the Patriots QB.

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

OT: Casual Chat Thread

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by fnordcircle, Mar 28, 2019.

Tags:
  1. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +20,015
  2. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Florida Man PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +46,996
  3. fnordcircle

fnordcircle The poster who James White said inspires him. PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +25,285
    The exact thought process that made me no longer able to support the death penalty.

I don't trust LE and DAs. I'm sure 99% of them are great, upstanding people but we've seen innocent people railroaded by the system enough that I can't support chemical castration.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. JetFan79

JetFan79 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2,728
    Well done women!

US over Thailand 13 - 0 (lagest victory ever)

World Cup in France

5. Ice_Ice_Brady

Ice_Ice_Brady PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +19,905
    On the right track.

But a bullet is a lot cheaper.

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. JetFan79

Ratings:
    +2,728
    In other news, Roy Moore is moving out of Alabama.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. supafly

supafly PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +21,221
    I think there are now close to 20% of the states (roughly 8-9) who have chemical castration as punishment, so it’s not quite as cutting edge as the media would lead you to believe.

In terms of wrong convictions, they face the same extreme issues as someone who’s convicted of a serious crime and either sentenced to death, or locked up for the rest of their lives. In the eyes of the system, that’s what the appeals process is for, though like anything else, some will fall through the cracks and get screwed.

Edit: they are the 7th state to approve this, so roughly 15% of the US

8. fnordcircle

fnordcircle The poster who James White said inspires him. PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +25,285
    So what is going on? I don't understand. I thought World Cup wasn't for like 2-3 more years I love these soccer matches between countries but I don't understand at all when I should start trying to figure out how to watch. Is this tournament the World Cup?

9. JetFan79

Ratings:
    +2,728
    Women's World Cup.

Happens every 4 years. Men's happens every 4 years as well, but they're on different schedules.

For example the last women's cup was 2015. There's this one in 2019, and the next is 2023.

Men's: 2018, 2022, 2026 and so on...

Obviously there's also the Summer Olympics which has both men's n women's every 4 years as well.

10. fnordcircle

Ratings:
    +25,285
    Ah cool, that I didn't know. There's also some other international tournaments aren't there, like I swear there was something that was like the US had a team that was competing against only other teams from one of the American continents.

You say obviously but I've found the entire world difficult to get into but it probably doesn't help that I cut the cord like 6 years ago, you do lose a lot of this type of information when you can't channel search.

Also, RIP Thailand.

11. JetFan79

Ratings:
    +2,728
    Yeah there are other tournaments as well. In the Americas and I'm sure in other regions as well. I don't follow those though.

Just the Cups and Olympics for me.

I sort of see what you're saying with cutting the cord. I started using DirecTV Now (the streaming service) and it's definitely an adjustment not having traditional channels.

And yup. Sort 9f felt bad for Thailand, but every goal counts in the Cup. I think goal difference is a tie breaker. So it's not like a team can just take it easy and lay back with a lead. Need to keep scoring.

12. Ice_Ice_Brady

Ice_Ice_Brady PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +19,905
    Holy sht, this has to be a joke.

Alabama Sex Offender Bill: What Is Chemical Castration and Why Is it So Controversial?

Elizabeth Letourneau, PhD, director of the Moore Center for the Prevention of Child Sexual Abuse at Johns Hopkins’ Bloomberg School of Public Health, says that from a policy perspective, it doesn’t make a lot of sense to require sex offenders to take such medication.

“Chemicals that reduce sexual arousal can be useful for people who acknowledge they need help controlling their arousal and they want this type of help and they think it’ll help them, whether they’re incarcerated or not,” she says. But this ultimately applies to a “small percent” of sex offenders, many of whom are not even “preferentially” sexually attracted to children in the first place. Mandating chemical castration is also based on the assumption that many sex offenders will go on to abuse children again, which Letourneau says is incorrect. One 2018 study assessing the risk of recidivism among adults convicted of sex crimes over 25 years found a rate of 18%, which she says is lower than that of other types of crimes. “This idea that for every person in prison for a sex crime, you need to castrate them or they’re gonna go out and commit more horrible offenses, is a gross generalization and demonstrates a great misunderstanding of the problem,” she says.

So this total moron is supposed be an authority on preventing child abuse and calls out others "great misunderstanding of the problem" when she herself has a deranged, ridiculously moronic understanding of the problem. "Only 18%" of these ****roaches are caught again, but hey, it's lower than other crimes. 1 in 5 that incomprehensibly released back into society are actually caught and convicted, though the number of actual non-reported crimes against children must be way higher than that.

How's this for "a gross misunderstanding of the problem": sane people (unlike this fcking idiot with a PhD in Naivety) don't give a flying fck about the reasons these people commit their crimes, whether they "preferentially" attracted to children, or whether or not they can be rehabilitated. No, we sane people want them the fck out of society, no questions asked. And chemical castration - which is not even a permanent process - is the very least that can be done.

Signed,
    A Person Who Generally Supports Progressive Social Ideas But Isn't A Moron

• Thank You Thank You x 1
  13. KontradictioN

Ratings:
    +46,996
    Did anyone else love Interstellar when it came out? I did. I know a lot didn’t care for it. It’s on again and I haven’t seen it in a couple of years. The whole last 40 minutes or so of that movie is completely gripping.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. BaconGrundleCandy

BaconGrundleCandy Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +8,022
    Govt shouldn't have that power.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. KontradictioN

Ratings:
    +46,996
    Alabama is going hard in the paint.

16. fnordcircle

Ratings:
    +25,285
    I ****ing loved it and still do. I rewatch it a few times a year. It has a lot going for it that makes me love it. I'm a sucker for all things involving space travel. McConaughey is on the short list of 2 men I'd service sexually (Nacho from BCS is the other, otherwise I'm a top 24x7), it has some truly great SciFi weirdiness and ends on a weirdly optimistic but sort of bummer note.

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Clonamery

Clonamery PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +10,940
    Yeah, their ota’s were cut short.

18. Tunescribe

Tunescribe PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +29,944
    TMI. But perhaps you can give Jetetwink79 some pointers since he came out a while ago as bi-curious.

19. fnordcircle

Ratings:
    +25,285
    lmao, 'curious'. That's like saying Tom Brady is curious about playing QB.

20. JetFan79

Ratings:
    +2,728
    Or that Tom's curious about being bi.

• Dislike Dislike x 1