SOURCE:Yahoo! Sports

Patsfans.com

Upcoming Opponent:
Next Up: Panthers
Thu
Aug 22nd
Right Now At PatsFans.com:
Pats Best Rookie?
Chase Winovich is off to a terrific start here in preseason and looks to have a bright future ahead of him.

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

OT: Casual Chat Thread

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by fnordcircle, Mar 28, 2019.

1. luuked

luuked Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +27,413
    Barry was maybe the biggest surprise of last year. I totally agree. Can't wait for S2 to be done so I can just watch through it all at once.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. supafly

supafly PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +21,842
    I thought S2 was a big step back. The storylines lack creativity for this year’s episodes. Just my opinion.

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. patriot1136

patriot1136 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +1,501
    Fire Stick is a great way to go (I have an Amazon prime account). I also have Netflix and HBO Go.

4. luuked

luuked Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +27,413
    Damn. Well.. will just wait til it is all out there and finally dive into it.

Thought it could have ended almost perfectly with the last episode last year.

5. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Florida Man PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +48,125
    Irons is going to absolutely murder that role.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Clonamery

Clonamery PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +12,052
    You have no idea.

• Genius Genius x 1
  7. JetFan79

JetFan79 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2,838
    Not DirecTV. DirecTV Now.

It's a streaming TV service that you watch on a roku, firestick, phone, tablet, computer, xbox, or whatever...

8. LJRomanoff

LJRomanoff Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +1,441
    I certainly wasn't feeling bad for taxi drivers.

9. LJRomanoff

LJRomanoff Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +1,441
  10. Patsfanin Philly

Patsfanin Philly Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +9,039
    One think I have seen is Uber double charging for rides late at night, the second charge a few cents difference so it is not rejected by credit card. My kids use it when going out and it happens way too often to be an accident t. They appeal and it is removed.

• Useful Useful x 2
  11. supafly

Ratings:
    +21,842
    It will be interesting to see what you think, luuked, but I just didn’t think that S2 (so far) was nearly as good as S1. Maybe it’s just due to the bar having been set rather high during the debut, but for me it almost felt like a disappointment. At least that’s how I feel so far, through the first 6-7 eps of season two. Hopefully, it finishes stronger than it started.

• Useful Useful x 1
  12. Patjew

Patjew PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +9,089
    Why isn’t everyone talking about GoT???

So Dany is the bad guy now, right? Sheesh, go and and kill everyone why dontcha?

Last edited: May 13, 2019
  13. KDPPatsfan85

KDPPatsfan85 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +4,845
    She just made Arya's List!

14. fnordcircle

fnordcircle The poster who James White said inspires him. PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +26,297
    Top 5 favorite GoT episode for me, possibly beating out the Gold Road and Battle of the Bastards episodes for my all-time favorite. RE: the 2 biggest complaints:

Sometimes you find out you were rooting for the bad guy. This is true in history so why not fiction.

And sometimes the sister screwing ******* who shoves kids out of windows doesn't end up being the noble good guy.

We need some big Bran shenanigans next week. Love what they've done, I can see how they teased it for a while.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Ice_Ice_Brady

Ice_Ice_Brady PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +20,665
    They could have accomplished making Dany the bad guy - and the torching of the city - without totally destroying the integrity of the show. I can’t decide which was the most ridiculous fight scene: Euron vs. Jamie or the Hound vs. the Mountain. Both were equally over the top ridiculous scenes that Steven Segal would have turned down for not meeting his standards.

Sorry, but I can’t disagree more. This episode was absolute sht. And it’s too bad because the idea Dany going mad was a good one to follow. But you usually don’t just “go mad” in an hour because your boyfriend/nephew won’t kiss you.

If I saw this at the movie theater, it’s one of those ones I would have walked out on.

I never thought Cersei was that bad and thought they’d be better off with her than whatever else was going to happen. But anyway, I’ll just consider the death of the Night King as the real ending to the show.

• Like Like x 1
  16. fnordcircle

fnordcircle The poster who James White said inspires him. PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +26,297
    I mean, I knew what your take was going to be before I read it so IDK I think you guys made up your mind on this show by like, EP3 of this season if not a season or two ago so nothing is going to change your mind.

The cinematography, the Cleganebowl, Jaime returning to Cersei, Dany's heel turn - I thought it all pretty much redeemed the rest of the season or at least explained it. Cersei wasn't the Big Bad. The NK wasn't the Big Bad. We were rooting for the Big Bad all along and there were a lot of hints all along.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. supafly

Ratings:
    +21,842
    You’re a much bigger fan, but it’s hard to imagine how everything will suddenly be wrapped up in one more episode. I would’ve liked to have seen a bit more in the past couple of episodes, so the last one isn’t just crammed with a ton of stuff—like I fear.

18. fnordcircle

Ratings:
    +26,297
    I'm not gonna excuse them for the mistakes I think they made. And someone on reddit made the very good point that Dany should have lost whichever dragon got telefragged last week while taking out the scorpions over King's Landing.

I also wish they started her heel turn in more-obvious fashion earlier on and done it in a way that it felt less abrupt and with more of us excusing it along the way which would have been a better parallel for the rise of actual tyranny in our world (it is normally supported by the majority or at least a large minority)

I'm just over the moon because I didn't see it coming and I always like having my expectations flipped upside down. Cersei was the bette Queen.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Ice_Ice_Brady

Ice_Ice_Brady PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +20,665
    Respectfully, it’s just a matter different tastes. I don’t fault anyone for liking it and seeing it differently than me. I’m sure a lot of people loved the episode. It just wasn’t what I was hoping for and expecting for the final season, so you’re correct. It would have been very difficult to get back on the path I was hoping for. Peace.

20. supafly

Ratings:
    +21,842
    Seeing as how this was the penultimate episode, I think it’s going to be difficult to satisfy everyone with only one left.

This season kind of feels like it was a bit wasted, in the sense that there was a very slow build up and not enough resolution heading into the final show. I just don’t see how Sunday’s showing is going to leave the fans satisfied, and after two years of build up and a lot of expectations, that’s going to equate to something of a failure.

• Agree Agree x 1