SOURCE:NESN

Patsfans.com

Upcoming Opponent:
Next Up: Lions
Thu
Aug 8th
Right Now At PatsFans.com:
Bad Decision
Boomer Esiason has normally been respectful of Brady, but made some poor decisions with his comments last week about the Patriots QB.

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

OT: Casual Chat Thread

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by fnordcircle, Mar 28, 2019.

Tags:
  1. JayNM

JayNM In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +3,820
    This episode felt like an early chess game, pieces advancing to their positions, being put in place, waiting for the clash

Like chess, many pieces will be sacrificed

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Steve:Section 102

Steve:Section 102 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +2,202
    Good analogy. I think that's exactly what's happening.

3. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club

Ratings:
    +4,868
    It was good to see Robert Kraft at the Celtics game!

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Ice_Ice_Brady

Ice_Ice_Brady PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +19,899
    Seinfeld is, along with the Office, the best sitcom ever.

Friends is a flaming pile garbage. I had to watch it because my ex-girlfriend loved it. I developed a fun method of attempting to play Tetris in my mind.

5. Ice_Ice_Brady

Ice_Ice_Brady PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +19,899
    Arya is my favorite character on the show, and the Faceless men training was my favorite part. Cersei is a close second - Lena Headey is brilliant and the show’s greatest actor by miles.

It’s weird that Emilia Clarke is not good as Dany, or that she appears to be a bad actor. I saw her in Me Before You and she’s an incredibly talented actor...almost reminds of a young Meryl Streep because her face is so expressive.

I feel that the women have the more complex acting roles on this show. Nothing against the men, but mainly they’re all either a scum bag or Prince Valiant. Obviously Tyrion is awesome, it I’ve been a Peter Dinklage fan for so long I just take it for granted. Aiden Gilliam also awesome as he was on the Wire too.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2019
  6. Zuma

Zuma Happy GOT Endings PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2,156
    I agree...all great actors. Mine is Tywin / Charles Dance. I've been a fan of his since the mid-80's. I'm hoping he comes back Undead.

7. maust1013

maust1013 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +10,274
    All too often what should be holy crap moments for the characters are barely (or sometimes not even) acknowledged by characters. Dany just casually suggests to Jon to climb on a dragon and go for a spin?? In a world where only Targaryens can ride dragons this is a game changing BFD and yet...crickets. All these advisors around and none of them squeezes the 3 eyed raven for info? There they are with someone who can see everything that happens but the Golden Co can make it's way to Westeros on ships the dragons could make short work of but Bran says nothing? The Lannister army isn't headed North but no one there knows it? Last Hearth has been overrun yet...again nothing? Bran hangs with Sam yet it falls to Dany to tell him his father and brother are toast and she did it? Tywin, Cersei, hell even Rob, wouldn't ignore having a resource like that available but somehow the supposedly smart Varys, Davos,Tyrion and Sansa all do? WTF is the point of even having that resource available to them? The 3 eyed raven is easily the most maddeningly under written/utilized character in the 7 kingdoms. Sun Tzu would dope slap everybody in Winterfell, smdh.

8. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Florida Man PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +46,982
    Bran, to date, is a useless character. He’s only there to serve as a device for moving plot points forward that the writers want to advance. That could change in the next five episodes, but that’s the way it is right now.

• Genius Genius x 1
  9. maust1013

Ratings:
    +10,274
    Yes, it is plain to see the way the writers use his character as an expository device and in the interest of fairness to them a virtually omniscient character is a sort of 3rd rail in fantasy writing akin to a time travel paradox in sci fi. That alone explains the writers staying away from his character as much as possible. What it doesn't address is the blind eye other supposedly intelligent characters that we are expected to take seriously have for his capabilities. It is disappointing in a show that gives it's primary and secondary characters such great attention that they didn't at least create a reason why Varys, as an example, doesn't trust what Bran has to say and therefore refuses to use his ability. As a result we are seeing a spymaster simply failing to question the greatest single source of information imaginable for no apparent reason. It could have been something as opaque as a feared connection to the NK, at least it would be something...

10. Zuma

Zuma Happy GOT Endings PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2,156

• Like Like x 5
  11. supafly

supafly PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +21,218
    And yet, he may very well end up ruling the Iron Throne when all is said and done.

• Like Like x 2
  12. BelichicksHoodie

BelichicksHoodie On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +173
    I still remember that one season where Bran just didn’t appear at all. Thought it was funny.

13. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +19,999
    I watched the first 2 seasons of Thrones then stopped ...

... and now ...

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. maust1013

Ratings:
    +10,274
    And how much would that suck

15. fnordcircle

fnordcircle The poster who James White said inspires him. PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +25,284
    I'm pretty much all-in on the fantheory that the Three-eyed Raven is some sort of cyclical time thing. That he sort of exists out of time and inhabits different humans, kind of like some spirit that wargs into humans the way that wargs can go into animals.

Similar to how you can't have Gandalf just showing up and going full Istari on everything and win.

So he's a plot device by necessity.

But I think there's some fun revelations that will come out. I'm fully-convinced the voices the Mad King was hearing were from the Three-Eyed Raven whether it was the Bran incarnation or the previous. But I'm also open to the idea that the Three-Eyed Raven that we met was also Bran. Time ****ery is always fun and silly.

• Like Like x 1
  16. farn

farn Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +7,884
    It’s just a building, but Notre Dame is part of history, In an indirect way, MY history as it predates my ancestors’ arrival to the “New World”. It’s just a building, but I am still saddened at the loss of history and art. I specifically chose this summer’s hotel near the island to visit it again... it will be a sombre trek to whatever awaits me.

17. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Florida Man PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +46,982
    I’m not sure why that thread was quickly closed and moved. I’ve only seen one source link it to terrorism and they couldn’t even be 100% sure.

18. bormio

bormio In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +5,815
    Let the Italians rebuild it. They are great at it. After 3 years, whatever they rebuild looks 600 years old.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. Joker

Joker PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +30,801
    hey...quick question for you GofT addicts...they got a character named "One Eyed Trouser Serpent"?

if not I would think Fnerd would easily be number 1 in line outside the casting door...

• Funny Funny x 4
  20. chris_in_sunnyvale

chris_in_sunnyvale In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +4,151
    LOL Warriors. 31pt 3rd quarter lead, lose by 4 in game 2.

Regards,
    Chris