SOURCE:WEEI

Patsfans.com

Upcoming Opponent:
Next Up: Lions
Thu
Aug 8th
Right Now At PatsFans.com:
Bad Decision
Boomer Esiason has normally been respectful of Brady, but made some poor decisions with his comments last week about the Patriots QB.

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

OT: Casual Chat Thread

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by fnordcircle, Mar 28, 2019.

Tags:
  1. fnordcircle

fnordcircle The poster who James White said inspires him. PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +25,284
    Rewatching "S07E05 Beyond The Wall"

Here's an idea - ****ing just take some guy who is condemned to die, drag him up to the north, tie him up to a wagon. Kill him. Wait, then drive the wagon back home with an undead dude on it.

2. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Florida Man PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +46,983
    Yeah that was a very convoluted and ill-advised episode that nearly ruined the last season. That is some Scott Gimple “Walking Dead” ****.

3. fnordcircle

fnordcircle The poster who James White said inspires him. PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +25,284
    I think it serves as a way to give the Night King a dragon to take down the wall I just wish they had done it in a different way.

Even the part where NK nails one of the dragons was stupid because it relied upon Jon being a ****ing idiot who went running ahead to pointlessly kill wights.

4. Patjew

Patjew PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +8,436
    That's what I took from my rewatch of last week... Jon, they're already dead, just get on the ****ing dragon already.

• Like Like x 1
  5. BaconGrundleCandy

BaconGrundleCandy Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +8,021
    I remember reading the spoilers for this & was thinking, wow. The guy brought back from the dead has to convince the dragon queen & incest queen that the dead are coming. Most did tbh. But you knew they'd pull it off in such a great visual spectacle that it works. S7 was definitely rushed. 8 Will be too. I dont mind though its such a great show.

6. BaconGrundleCandy

Ratings:
    +8,021
    Just watched Spoils of War again. What a great one.

Jon & Dany in the cave.

Bronn's look & Jamie yelling "Spears & Shields"!!

The Horde screaming!!! Dothraki horde in an open field!!!

Bronn telling Jamie to screw before Drogon fires in. Easily some of the best shots of him in the series. Cgi was amazing w him & the horde/horses & fire.

Tyrion watching his brother almost get cooked up.

Throwback to Field of Fire in the books.

So pumped!!!!! Cant wait to hear everyones reaction to this season!!!

7. fnordcircle

Ratings:
    +25,284
    I don't particularly agree here.

It changed because they were honing in on the finish. What we loved was the many storylines, the characters, and all the threads connecting them all. S7 necessarily had to narrow the scope because things were coming to a head which is what happens when everyone faces The Big Bad.

So I don't think it was rushed I just think it changed because it had to. Having all of these different characters converge was awesome and sort of a bummer at the same time because it meant things were coming to an end. Which I think made some people feel it was rushed, but there's no way the time and production values that went into it reflect that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Triumph

Triumph Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +8,244
    You predicted the win.

Good call

• Like Like x 1
  9. maust1013

maust1013 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +10,276
    Agree completely, the 'rushed' nature of it was the impetus of things building to a head and necessary both to the nature of the story itself and as a story telling device for the viewer. Outside of short shrifting Dorne storylines which the series has consistently done I felt it was well past time to start drawing the various threads closer and connecting the arcs to lead toward the serious business of the living vs dead.

10. JetFan79

JetFan79 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2,727
    Guess of wiener appearances in this episode?

I'm going with 2.

11. BaconGrundleCandy

Ratings:
    +8,021
    Agree to disagree here. Endgame time so I get that but it definitely was rushed in terms of the the big/short picture.

Jon & Danys relationship (I believe D&D themselves made this point about them) ,The wight hunt, Gendry bolting halfway across the world in a night?

12. fnordcircle

Ratings:
    +25,284
    We don't know how long they were camped out on the frozen lake. We don't know how long they had been trudging from the Wall. The kvetching about Gendry running/Dany flying up to Westeros are some peak magic xylophone crap for me.

I was perfectly fine with what went down with Jon & Dany and why would I care what the creators had to say anyways, I don't like some of the changes they made from the books and some I love, they're not perfect and they aren't going to dictate how I feel.

Jon goes to meet her. He stays in Dragonstone with her. He shows her the drawings from the children of the forest in the cave of dragon glass. He comes across as honest and grim and they have some shared challenges going on with being new rulers/trying to rule/feeling like outsiders. Then she sees the army and sees him for what he is. Sees the truth of it. Sees the scars on his chest. It all worked fine for me.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. maust1013

Ratings:
    +10,276
    Agreed, the travel/time/speed thing went out the window way before season 7. All the way back in the beginning you had an epic road trip to get from Winterfell to King's Landing but Catelyn made the trip in a cocaine heartbeat when the story called for it. Not to mention ravens carrying messages at near cyber speeds. Getting hung up on time compression in season 7 means ignoring an awful lot of it in earlier seasons.

• Like Like x 1
  14. fnordcircle

Ratings:
    +25,284
    It's just not a hard thing for me to say "welp guess they were there for longer than it seems and I guess they weren't as far away from the Wall as I would have guessed. 10-20 miles."

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. maust1013

Ratings:
    +10,276
    In a show with dragons, an unburnt princess, the 3 eyed raven, white walkers, undead, the children and a 100k screaming dothraki getting fed on what the Iron Bank was careful to point out was a barren rock that could not produce food for 2k of Stannis' men I just can't get worked up about commuting times being malleable.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2019
  16. BaconGrundleCandy

Ratings:
    +8,021
    Trust me it doesnt bother me at all. Littlefinger was the king of time travel. Doesn't bother me. Magic, dragons. I love it all.

Jon & Dany was rushed though. They were together about 3-4 weeks if I remember correctly. Sansa pointed out the timeline on the show.

Again doesnt bother me but its hardly a far-fetched opinion.

17. KontradictioN

Ratings:
    +46,983
    24 minutes, boys.

18. KontradictioN

Ratings:
    +46,983
    That Chernobyl mini-series looks like some absolute fire television.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. KontradictioN

Ratings:
    +46,983
    Some thick tension in this episode.

20. KontradictioN

Ratings:
    +46,983
    Having watched that, these probably need to be an hour and a half/two hours in order for this season not to feel rushed. Less than an hour probably won’t cut it.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2019