PatsFans.com - Mobile
PatsFans.com
Search

OT: Casual Chat Thread [UPDATED] - 4/7/21 - (No Politics!)

2021 Patriots Season:
Upcoming Opponent:
Next Up: at Bills
Pick Results: NE: 83.1% at BUF: 16.9%

Mon
Dec 6th

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

Kontradiction

Dr. P-ussy
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly NFL Picks Winner
2021 Weekly NFL Picks Winner
Yeah. Anyway, looks like a pretty good weekend lined up. Going to a show downtown Friday night. Going to my buddy’s son’s first birthday party. Only 3 of our crew, including us, have kids so far (with my daughter being 4 months and my other buddy’s son turning 2 in June). Good mix of our parents, friends, liquor. Pool too, but 50% chance of rain. Afterward, the girls are going to stay with the kids at the house and probably gossip about the girth of our penises or something while the boys hit the bars. Sunday has a 40% chance of rain and, depending on how it looks, I might take the boat out to the sandbar in the morning or do a dusk fishing trip to close things out. Probably come home and eat a clonazepam that night as I’m sure the Sunday Scaries will hit pretty hard. May need to take a leave day Monday or “work from home.”

What’s everyone else going on? First weekend without football or college basketball. Good time to get outside.

Ian

Administrator
ADMINISTRATOR
I think it's safe to say the other thread ran its course. Let's start a new one and move on from here.

IllegalContact

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
I’m sure my wife has already filled my 2 days off with fabulous domestic activities

I’ll try to squeeze in a couple of trips to the beach with the dog.....dog loves the beach

Other than that? Retire

Kontradiction

Dr. P-ussy
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly NFL Picks Winner
2021 Weekly NFL Picks Winner
I’m sure my wife has already filled my 2 days off with fabulous domestic activities

I’ll try to squeeze in a couple of trips to the beach with the dog.....dog loves the beach

Other than that? Retire
What are your plans in retirement? Both of my parents just retired in the last year and had plans to travel but Covid has derailed that. Once everything is all clear, they plan to hit France and Spain.

IllegalContact

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
What are your plans in retirement? Both of my parents just retired in the last year and had plans to travel but Covid has derailed that. Once everything is all clear, they plan to hit France and Spain.

I don't know......I've already seen the world, so it will come down to where my wife wants to go. I've just recently moved to my retirement home (at least for now) in Plymouth.....technically I'm still working but I put in to retire by the end of May since I want to say I retired before I turned 60. I will likely continue contracting just to keep my mind somewhat sharp, but no more plans to show up anywhere.

Some bucket list items:
- Ski in Japan
- Drive to the tip of South America
- Spend a year seeing Europe by train.
- Roam the country checking up on my kids
- building up a shop in the basement

oldrover

"You're gonna have to serve somebody..."
PatsFans.com Supporter
We helped both of our sons buy homes recently: one here in Jax, and the other up in NY on Long Guyland. The son who'll be here in Jax is single, moving from Long Guyland, and psyched for warm weather, and to have a pool. :) The son in NY is married... they have a daughter, Penny Jane (my avatar), and another due in a month.

We will visit once the second grandchild arrives... mostly to monopolize all of Penny Jane's time. ;) Until she wipes us geezers out. LOL

Steve:Section 102

A lion isn't concerned with the opinion of sheep
PatsFans.com Supporter
Yeah. Anyway, looks like a pretty good weekend lined up. Going to a show downtown Friday night. Going to my buddy’s son’s first birthday party. Only 3 of our crew, including us, have kids so far (with my daughter being 4 months and my other buddy’s son turning 2 in June). Good mix of our parents, friends, liquor. Pool too, but 50% chance of rain. Afterward, the girls are going to stay with the kids at the house and probably gossip about the girth of our penises or something while the boys hit the bars. Sunday has a 40% chance of rain and, depending on how it looks, I might take the boat out to the sandbar in the morning or do a dusk fishing trip to close things out. Probably come home and eat a clonazepam that night as I’m sure the Sunday Scaries will hit pretty hard. May need to take a leave day Monday or “work from home.”

What’s everyone else going on? First weekend without football or college basketball. Good time to get outside.
My lease is up on my Ford Edge, I bought 2015 Wrangler. 2" lift with 35s. Smittybuilt winch and Havoc front bumper going on it today. Starting to get the itch to turkey hunt up here. Opens May 1. Trout ponds open 24th of April.

Had a less than usual maple season. Bottled about 27 gallons, which is maybe half of what is normal. Missed a week early in the season and had a spill. Together that cost us probably 8-10 gallons.

Triumph

Hall of Fame Poster
My lease is up on my Ford Edge, I bought 2015 Wrangler. 2" lift with 35s. Smittybuilt winch and Havoc front bumper going on it today. Starting to get the itch to turkey hunt up here. Opens May 1. Trout ponds open 24th of April.

Had a less than usual maple season. Bottled about 27 gallons, which is maybe half of what is normal. Missed a week early in the season and had a spill. Together that cost us probably 8-10 gallons.
Where do you trout fish? When I resided in Mass, I used to live adjacent to the Nissitissit river. We never missed opening day.

PatsFans.com Supporter
Where do you trout fish? When I resided in Mass, I used to live adjacent to the Nissitissit river. We never missed opening day.
There's a stocked trout pond less than a mile from the house. I'll kayak there. I'll hit some of the smaller rivers over by Newfound Lake. We will head up to Pittsburg and hit the Conn. River.

Triumph

Hall of Fame Poster
There's a stocked trout pond less than a mile from the house. I'll kayak there. I'll hit some of the smaller rivers over by Newfound Lake. We will head up to Pittsburg and hit the Conn. River.
I do a lot of trout fishing in Missouri in the Ozark mountains.

3 - 5 pound trout are common inside the state park where I go. But, I fish outside the park where there are still trout that size but much harder to catch. Most of the fish that I catch are 12" - 18" long and I catch and release.

PatsFans.com Supporter
I do a lot of trout fishing in Missouri in the Ozark mountains.

3 - 5 pound trout are common inside the state park where I go. But, I fish outside the park where there are still trout that size but much harder to catch. Most of the fish that I catch are 12" - 18" long and I catch and release.
I got a nice Brown out of the Conn. River last year. Mostly I fish for Brookies. Good eating. If I can find the Rainbows I like them too.

Triumph

Hall of Fame Poster
I got a nice Brown out of the Conn. River last year. Mostly I fish for Brookies. Good eating. If I can find the Rainbows I like them too.
I caught a brook trout from the Chattahoochee river North of Atlanta a few ounces shy of the Georgia record. I thought that I had a log until saw a tail fin.

Then made the ill fated choice to cook him. There wasnt enough ketchup available to get a bite down.

PatsFans.com Supporter
I caught a brook trout from the Chattahoochee river North of Atlanta a few ounces shy of the Georgia record. I thought that I had a log until saw a tail fin.

Then made the ill fated choice to cook him. There wasnt enough ketchup available to get a bite down.
I don't doubt it. LOL. 12-16 inches is ideal.

PatsWickedPissah

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Flying home from FL West Coast back to Seacoast New Hamster this weekend. Packing up to change locations is a marital stress.
Looking forward to seeing the family again. Spring yard work awaits.

woolster22

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Kids with their mother this weekend, nice to have time off for a change (3 years of sole custody, kids 6 and 3 currently). So the hunt for the next ex gf is back on, probably going to head to my buddies and do up a brisket fri into saturday.

Triumph

Hall of Fame Poster
Kids with their mother this weekend, nice to have time off for a change (3 years of sole custody, kids 6 and 3 currently). So the hunt for the next ex gf is back on, probably going to head to my buddies and do up a brisket fri into saturday.
Do you guys wrap it in butcher paper?

I did last time and it came out the best that I have ever done. After about 8 hours, I also wrapped it in towels and placed it in a cooler to rest for 2 more hours.

Charcoal should be up on sale here soon at Lowes and Home Depot.

A Defiant Goose

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Do you guys wrap it in butcher paper?

I did last time and it came out the best that I have ever done. After about 8 hours, I also wrapped it in towels and placed it in a cooler to rest for 2 more hours.

Charcoal should be up on sale here soon at Lowes and Home Depot.
You done it with foil too? How does it compare to butcher paper?

One day I'd like to master the art of smoking so good that I can get the heat lasting long enough to not have to wrap but it's a real challenge outside of basically starting all over again with the coal set up at the 8-10th hour

Triumph

Hall of Fame Poster
You done it with foil too? How does it compare to butcher paper?

One day I'd like to master the art of smoking so good that I can get the heat lasting long enough to not have to wrap but it's a real challenge outside of basically starting all over again with the coal set up at the 8-10th hour
Not foil. I hear that it steams the meat.

Butcher paper breathes, but also contains enough of the temperature to achieve brisket that you can cut with a butter knife. Wrapping in towels, placed in a cooler to rest is important as well.